• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So... I bought HL2 silver

Zaptruder

Banned
And let it download overnight. I wake up and it looks all installed and ready to go. Fire up HL2 and get it to load past the Valve splash page.. then it blacks out for a bit and loads up a really blurry screen with a small loading message in the bottom right.

Completely stops reacting to anything at this point... except my cursor is still alive.

I reset my comp and try this again a couple times... still no luck.

So I try out Counterstrike Source and it's running. I play a bit, looks pretty good, except I suck at it real bad, but it's running fine.

Quit out.. and I notice Steam Monitor... click on it and it says:

Half Life 2: Status; 300+kb/s ... Amount Acquired; 60%

Half Life Source: 15 kb/s Amount Acquired; 55%

Short question: I have to wait till 100% before I can get it working properly right? It's not that my comp can't run it? But then why does it let me even try to load it? :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
the game will still start even if it's not 100% for some stupid reason. You have to wait till it's done loading for it to work properly.

FoneBone

I posted in the Official HL2 thread about this before finding an explanation on another forum. The Steam people fucked up pretty badly in that regard.

Top Bottom