• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, what's up with Death Jr.?

BuddyC

Axsider said:
Because it is a launch-game for the US- and european market. It has nothing to do with the japanese launch!
You've got a point there, but the official site has been promising "in the next few days we'll be posting information about the game and the world of Death, Jr, as well as concept art and 3D assets, pages from the Death, Jr. comic book, and some more cool stuff" since before E3.

I thought it looked neat :/

Lhadatt

So far, this is my impression of the eventual fate of Death Jr.:

210638b.jpg

The dev team can take that as a challenge to prove me wrong.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Outside of EA's work with the PSP, we haven't been hearing much from any Western devs of late.

Elios83

Axsider said:
Because it is a launch-game for the US- and european market. It has nothing to do with the japanese launch!

Quote.
If it's an indication we don't see anything about Wipeout and all the games developed by SCEE for the PSP too.
Now they're focusing on the Japanese launch.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I played it briefly, and it's super fun. Reminds me of a cross between Sonic and Ghouls N Ghosts. With more 3Dness. If they keep the cool jump-fight mechanics the same, it'll be highly pleasant to play while pinching a loaf. Also, the characters, bosses and weapons are Tim Schafer quality.

neptunes

Last time I heard, they were going to make a cartoon or a movie off the game.

...and some toys in the works as well.

ccharla

Hi everyone. I'm Chris Charla from Backbone Entertainment -- we're the developer of Death, Jr. Sorry we haven't updated the website! We've been cranking on the game! It's looking extremely sweet right now, and is well on track for launch.

Anyway, I wish I could say more, but I can't! I'm not even allowed to reveal who the publisher is right now, nevermind releasing screens or anything. I think I'm going to be answering a few questions for GA today or tomorrow, but in the meantime I just wanted to hit the forum and say hi.

Like I said, I'm going to be answering some Q's for GA shortly, but if you have any other questions after that, post them and I will do my best to answer, or say "no comment" or whatever!

take it easy,

Chris

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Has the released trailer been done with the early specced 8MB of memory in mind, and have you managed to update/change anything now that you knew that there's more memory available in the PSP?

Axsider

Banned
Elios83 said:
Quote.
If it's an indication we don't see anything about Wipeout and all the games developed by SCEE for the PSP too.
Now they're focusing on the Japanese launch.
Buddy, there will be a lot of SCEE-support for the PSP launch here. I know, we all hate these sentences about "I got some friends at SONY bla bla" but I got one.
Cambridge Studio is working on a MediEvil-PSP game and another PSP-project.
Wipeout and The Getaway are in the making.
A new "HARDWARE ARENA"-game and TIF are under development.
They were even thinking about a new G-Police and Colonny Wars game, some months ago!
One of SCEEs major-PSP games is this one:
http://www.bigbigstudios.com/flashindex.htm
Keep an eye on that!

So belive me, SCEE is ready!

neptunes

Chris, how easy has it been developing for the psp?

has sony updated the libraries and such?

Did sony send you guys that "battery life" emulator yet? Do you think it'll be useful?

Elios83

Chris,do you plan to have adventure elements in the game with other characters to interact with?Do you want the game to have a humor vein as that found in titles like Grim Fandango? (both the games have death related characters).
Thanks for you time :)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hey Chris... David, the Yars guy, here! How goes life?

(P.S. If Death Jr. is good, I'll be expecting the DS port next year.)

DavidDayton said:
(P.S. If Death Jr. is good, I'll be expecting the DS port next year.)

It's was presented with SCEA as publisher. They may have dropped it, of course. It was coming to PS2 as well, I think.

AbeFroman

ccharla said:
Hi everyone. I'm Chris Charla from Backbone Entertainment -- we're the developer of Death, Jr. Sorry we haven't updated the website! We've been cranking on the game! It's looking extremely sweet right now, and is well on track for launch.

Anyway, I wish I could say more, but I can't! I'm not even allowed to reveal who the publisher is right now, nevermind releasing screens or anything. I think I'm going to be answering a few questions for GA today or tomorrow, but in the meantime I just wanted to hit the forum and say hi.

Like I said, I'm going to be answering some Q's for GA shortly, but if you have any other questions after that, post them and I will do my best to answer, or say "no comment" or whatever!

take it easy,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Could you please take your royalties from Death Jr. and start Next-Gen again? But this time do it without that Lundrigan guy. However, Sven might be able to swing 10,000 words, no?

ourumov

I am kinda curious about your whole opinions about the system.
-As a developer, do you think that Koei's stand is right (not enough memory for 3D models since OS takes a huge space, need to drop poly counts [from PS2 games] in order to get high framerates...) ?
-What's the thing you are more proud about from Death Jr ?
-What kind of music are you using ? (format)

Thanks in Advance.

Hm...shouldn't somebody change the name to Q&A session with Chris Charla from Backbone Entertainment (Death Jr. PSP), or something? More people would be interested then.

Completely in love the art style in this game.

Chris - put in an art gallery as a bonus.

...remember...art...gallery.

Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom