• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, which of these following games from the last few months would you recommend?

Between Gamestop, Amazon and console store sales, each of the following games is about $30 right now. If you were only to recommend buying one or two, which would you recommend?

Robocop

Jedi Survivor

Mortal Kombat 1

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

Diablo 4

Street Fighter 6

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Prince of Persia was a great Metroidvania, while still being a very good Prince of Persia game. Definitely recommend it.

I have no interest in the other games you mentioned tho, so I did not play them.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m a huge fan of the movement and mechanics of Prince of Persia LC. I haven’t finished the game yet (man I really should), but it’s just a joy to play if you’re like me and value smooth gameplay.

Robocop is also pretty solid, especially on PC.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'd recommend all of them but if we're narrowing it down to 2.

Robocop
PoP: Lost Crown

Replace Lost Crown with either Diablo or Jedi Survivor if you're keeping up with the franchises.

GymWolf

Gold Member
If you like robocop, that one is pretty much unmissable, i liked it a lot and i'm not even a huge robocop fanboy.

It's not your typical fps where you shoot all the time, you also have more calm miments where you investigate or explore the police station etc.

- Robocop

No comment.

- Jedi Survivor

No comment, beyond:
If you go on Google Images, and type "Jedi Survivor" you will fall asleep.

- Mortal Kombat 1

If cinematics, graphics and story is enough to keep you going, play it. The gameplay will be serviceable.

If you want to play something that doesn't make you put your controller down for 30 seconds, 4 times per match, and with animation feel that can outmatch this:

Capture_a94b91cd-eb81-4e80-8dba-0d9e23d0dfab.jpg

Play something else. MK 1 won't be for you.

- Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

No comment. Ubisoft game.

- Diablo 4

No comment. Looks really good, but I didn't play it yet.

- Street Fighter 6

Great!
I think SF 5 is better, personally. But it's a full package game.
Whatever you look for in a fighting game, it's there. You will certainly like it more then me!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Robocop

Jedi Survivor

Mortal Kombat 1

Diablo 4

Street Fighter 6
Me and OP have a very different definition of "the last few months"

Robocop: November 2, 2023
Jedi Survivor: April 28, 2023
Mortal Kombat 1: September 19, 2023
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown: January 18, 2024
Diablo 4: June 5, 2023
Street Fighter 6: June 2, 2023

Nankatsu

Jedi Survivor is a pretty cool game.

Perhaps it's currently the only medium where Star Wars actually delivers good content.

Played it at launch on PS5, and really liked that game despite all its performance issues. Should be better now.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Between Gamestop, Amazon and console store sales, each of the following games is about $30 right now. If you were only to recommend buying one or two, which would you recommend?

Robocop

Jedi Survivor

Mortal Kombat 1

Diablo 4

Street Fighter 6
Robocop. A great shooter with an awesome theme.

To all those saying Robocop - I heard a while ago that there were issues with save points (maybe being too far between or just happening at unclear times). Is that still the case or has that been updated?

bender

What time is it?
Street Fighter 6 would be my vote. I believe there is a Prince of Persia demo. Diablo 4 was really disappointing.

Rockman33

Like all those games with the exception of the fighting ones. As I’m not into fighting games.

I re picked up Diablo 4 again and it’s been a blast.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Diablo 4 has a lot of quality content nowadays (good campaign and end-game content) so for €20 - €30 it's a good pick-up imo.

As for the second game I would go with Jedi Survivor; it runs way better than at launch (at least on console) and it's a big improvement over Jedi Fallen Order.

Last edited:
Top Bottom