• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who's getting the Halo 2 collector's edition?

J2 Cool

I heard about this but noticed you only get this through reserve. Packaging looks a whole lot cooler and the extras seem great. Only $5 more too. Just I dont know if I'll have the cash come Novemember 9th. GTA:SA, MGS3, and the regular payments. Might tell someone to get me it for christmas and reserve in a few days or so

Sai

I got a regular copy and the Limited Collector's Edition both pre-ordered and totally paid for.

Still gotta pre-order one of those HALO 2 LIVE Headsets.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Wario64 said:
Gamestop said I have to wait till the 2nd week to get the CE version, what the fuck :(
Me too. I told him I wouldn't buy it there, then. To which he informed me "Well, you're never going to find it then! It's only a week, man!"

EBGames.com here I come. When I have money. I hope. :(

BuddyC

Lambtron said:
Me too. I told him I wouldn't buy it there, then. To which he informed me "Well, you're never going to find it then! It's only a week, man!"

EBGames.com here I come. When I have money. I hope. :(
Yea, they tried to give me the same runaround. I just went to Toys R Us and reserved it there. If they fail me, I'm sure I'll be able to find at least one copy amongst Wal Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City and Gamerush.

Chrono

Banned
Speaking of Game Rush, my local one is holding a Street Fighter tournament next week and the winner gets a Halo 2 Collector's edition.... *sigh* If I did not have such a huge backlog and school work I'd get an Xbox with Ninja Gaiden tomorrow. :(

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i've got it preordered through gamestop.com with free overnight shipping. but i'm wondering if i shouldn't keep a redundant preorder at a local store just in case something falls through.

SyNapSe

BuddyChrist83 said:
Yea, they tried to give me the same runaround. I just went to Toys R Us and reserved it there. If they fail me, I'm sure I'll be able to find at least one copy amongst Wal Mart, Best Buy, Circuit City and Gamerush.

Yeah, I agree.. screw that.. it's hard to believe Best Buy in particular wont have 800,000 copies on thursday morning opening. Sure, you will have to wait 2 days *max* but that's all.

To the original question, I'm still kinda torn.. I want to pre-order both versions.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
already paid for.

NZ too, first in the world! ah yeah. Can't wait to enjoy my 9-10 minutes of live domination.

BuddyC

SyNapSe said:
Yeah, I agree.. screw that.. it's hard to believe Best Buy in particular wont have 800,000 copies on thursday morning opening. Sure, you will have to wait 2 days *max* but that's all.

To the original question, I'm still kinda torn.. I want to pre-order both versions.
I'm damn near convinced MS is gonna be shipping this well, well in advance of November 9th. With the way they're pimping the date, and their past history with titles such as Midtown Madness 3 and Project Gotham Racing 2, it would make a lot of sense to see MS shipping Halo 2 the week prior (much like the DVD industry) and just street dating it.

Wulfer

It would be better to ask the people who are not getting it. You'll get a lot smaller reply if you do that.

SyNapSe

BuddyChrist83 said:
I'm damn near convinced MS is gonna be shipping this well, well in advance of November 9th. With the way they're pimping the date, and their past history with titles such as Midtown Madness 3 and Project Gotham Racing 2, it would make a lot of sense to see MS shipping Halo 2 the week prior (much like the DVD industry) and just street dating it.

I guess, but the way Bungie has been strict strict STRICT with ANYTHING about campaign mode.. i doubt the street date will be broken on purpose, or I should say I imagine it will be shipped as late as possible. Who knows honestly, it's going to require a ridiculous amount of copies for the first 1-2 weeks tho.. maybe they will have to preship.

BuddyC

SyNapSe said:
I guess, but the way Bungie has been strict strict STRICT with ANYTHING about campaign mode.. i doubt the street date will be broken on purpose, or I should say I imagine it will be shipped as late as possible. Who knows honestly, it's going to require a ridiculous amount of copies for the first 1-2 weeks tho.. maybe they will have to preship.
Just like with your regular DVD release, you'll probably have to hit your local Mom & Pop store to get it before street date, and they won't be receiving many copies. But do we have a M&P store here in College Town USA? Noooooooo.

GhaleonEB

I reserved it 5 days after it was announced at E3 at my local GameStop. The guy there said that they had 'a couple of hundred' preorders already, and was averaging 'about fifty' a day at the time.

November 9th (at midnight, mind you) is going to be just insane.

Sysgen

BuddyChrist83 said:

I digress. Those early realease were a fiasco of sorts with many stores breaking the street date. MS has been tight lipped as hell about the single player portion and I would make an educated guess that they don't want forums flooded with single player details before Nov 9th.

BuddyC

Oh yea! A bunch of stores are doing a midnight release for Halo 2, meaning they'll definitely get it in beforehand.

Sysgen, the Internet will already be flooded with those details, much like Raiden in the days before MGS2. It's not like the next EGM (or was it XBN, or both?) has a huge blowout on single player either.

J2 Cool

yeah but the reason to pre-order is thats the only way to get the collector's edition with the definitve metal box and shit loads of extras. Only $5 more at gamestop but they did say 2nd week. Thats why I thought it could be a lot less people getting it cause they can't wait. For me its no problem being that it may just be an x-mas present

BuddyC

J2 Cool said:
yeah but the reason to pre-order is thats the only way to get the collector's edition with the definitve metal box and shit loads of extras. Only $5 more at gamestop but they did say 2nd week. Thats why I thought it could be a lot less people getting it cause they can't wait. For me its no problem being that it may just be an x-mas present
...except Best Buy, Taget and Circuit City will also be receiving the CE. It's really not reserve only...it is, however, one of those limited-time offer deals. After this holiday season, expect to see copies of "normal" Halo 2 slowly overtake store shelves.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Did they say how many copies they were going to make? Is it really limited or are they making enough for people with non-reserves to just walk in and purchase a copy?

BuddyC

Wario64 said:
Did they say how many copies they were going to make? Is it really limited or are they making enough for people with non-reserves to just walk in and purchase a copy?
I believe the Gamestop chain is entirely sold out of the first shipement of the CE. I don't think EB is, though I doubt they'll get that many extra. Best Buy and the ilk will probably be your best bet (no pun intended) for a copy of the LE come the 9th.

It all boils down to how many copies they're making, which we really don't know. But since BB places a lesser emphasis on reservations than, say, EB Games...

I mean, you can reserve Halo 2 CE at BB, but you know they'll have oodles of extra regardless. EB, on the other hand.

Have one preordered... been thinking about getting a second copy (Normal not LE) for my second xbox, but haven't really decided on that yet.

i was gonna preorder it, but gamestop told me the same second shipment thing, so i'm gonna try and walk in and buy it from CC/BB/Target... that's the current plan anyway...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Wario64 said:
I can't say for the US, but at least here in France the LE edition is actually totally sold out in the biggest games store chain (Micromania). It looks like it will a bit more collector than the TWW (you can still find some here and there)

Top Bottom