• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So why do news reporters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suerte

Always have laptops in front of them when they're reporting the news? Is this just a UK thing? They don't even seem to use them for anything.

I can just imagine them having a big pair of titties on screen while reporting, just for kicks!

"In other news today... man... that's one huge rack"

jenov4

Maybe it's a UK thing, because I've never seen laptops being used by our local news reporters (Canada)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
They have it here in Houston as well in the morning. Not sure what the deal is. Maybe they have a text message thing set up getting messages from the real reporters.

MIMIC

Banned
Here in the U.S., they have clear glass in their desks, which I assume would be computer screens underneath the desks.

pnjtony

updates of breaking stories maybe so they don't have to wear those earphones. Maybe even a backup teleprompter?

I hate how reporters always shuffle their papers when the broadcast is over. They never fail, no matter which part of the country you're in.

bogg

Teh Hamburglar said:
I hate how reporters always shuffle their papers when the broadcast is over. They never fail, no matter which part of the country you're in.

lol so true.

Drexon

Banned
We have that here in Sweden too, it's 100% for show, as I saw an optical logitech mouse being "used" on a glass surface. :p

Uh, to read the GAF of course.

nnm0.jpg

"...the mayor expects the new budget cuts to take effect starting early next year."

nnm1.jpg

"And in other news tonite..."

nnm2.jpg

"New Lohan pics?!? OMGWTFHUTA!"

MIMIC

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:

lol. Then they have to think of something to talk about with their anchor until the cameras go off.

OmniGamer

MIMIC said:
lol. Then they have to think of something to talk about with their anchor until the cameras go off.

lol, i always wonder what they banter about for those few seconds...seems to be very annoying and forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom