• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something unbelievably shit which would normally be great just happened

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I entered an on line competiton, and won an all expenses paid trip to the mountain, with a 1 in six chance to win a trip to the Oktoberfest in Germany. Boarding everyday, partying every night, all expenses paid. (which would offset the cost of the plane tickets quite nice)

details here

Guess which week I bought tickets to go to Surfers paradise in Australia for a holiday with my girlfriend :(

Fuck I don't know what to do. I talked it over with my girlfriend and got the "do what you want to do" but there was that tone, you know?

Cause what I want to do is take a punt at the trip to Germany.......
On the application for the trip it said "Whats your best party trick" and I put "I swear that I can do one more tequila shot than any other person on the trip" :S I really don't know if thats true.

ADVICE GAFFERS

NLB2

Banned
Are you German and if so do you feel proud of your German heritage? If you are and you do then you have to go for the trip to Germany. Plus, women don't like wussies :D.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Do whatever you want to do. If it was me, I'd stick with the Australia plans, but I'm coming from a different place than you.

YOUNG HEARTS
FLY FREE

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"What do you want to do?"=You better know the right thing to do =You're coming with me.

I don't know if I would ever believe she was ok with it. If she said "Go ahead" then I would think she was hiding it. That tone is a trap, its always a trap. How could it not be a trap? RUN!!!

Is there a way you can take the girly with you? Refund her ticket to Surfers Paradise and then take her along with you. I don't know how much the Australia trip is running you, but does it seem possible?

What do you want to do? I hate fighting with my girlfriends, I just can't do it. I always give in and just go with the flow, but I'm a very weak manchild. There shouldn't even be a fight, she should be happy for you.

Go to Germany!

Docpan

You'll never get another shot like this.

Look inside your heart, you know the answer before I even say it:

OKTOBERFEST.

Bowser

You know what they say...

"Hell hath no fury like that of a woman's scorn"

With that in mind...go to Germany!

mrmyth

Dude, if Laura Bush told GWB "Do what you want to do." with that tone, he wouldn't've invaded Iraq no matter how much he wanted to.

If you go to Germany, find a new GF there.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ignatz Mouse said:
No chance of moving the Australia trip and doign both?

My girlfriend just called back and told me I should take the mountain trip, because I have been chumped for snow loving this season so far, also we are possibly going to aussie in february so I am going to try and move the ticket till then, (it was a super saver fare though so hmmmm)

Oh, for some context, I'm from NZ, so Aussie isn't a HUGE trip away, and the possiblility of Germany is very tantalising, I have to beat out 5 other contestants though,

EVENTS
Wednesday 8th - The Apprentice
Thursday 9th - Extreme Makeover & Wheel of Fortune
Friday 10th - Pub Fear Factor
Saturday 11th - ROCK IDOL with Renee Brennan (Tadpole) & Jason Kerrison (Op Shop).
Sunday 12th - Mastermind
Monday 13th - Final Judgement!

WHAT THE FUCK IS ROCK IDOL!?!?!?!? I can't, nay, WONT sing.

Fear factor, shit, I better not have to nude up in front of a drunk crowd. ohshitohshitohshitohshit

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
WOOT I'm going to the mountain! My girlfriend came to the party! Baby, if by some unfortunate mishap you ever find this site, I totally apologise for the "that tone" comment. you rock.

woohoo, Germany Baby, no one else will stand in my way!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Why not cancel your Australian trip all together and just buy her a ticket to come to Germany with you ?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
NetMapel said:
Why not cancel your Australian trip all together and just buy her a ticket to come to Germany with you ?

I'm not following........

Hah, I imagine it would be a double ticket, hopefully anyway, but yeah, a ticket to aussie is 400 NZD (which at that rate is non refundable), whereas a ticket to germany at a guess would be about 2500 NZD.

catfish said:
I'm not following........

Hah, I imagine it would be a double ticket, hopefully anyway, but yeah, a ticket to aussie is 400 NZD (which at that rate is non refundable), whereas a ticket to germany at a guess would be about 2500 NZD.

What do you want to do?

Either way, you can try to eBay the tickets to Australia (Do a buy it now with an "Immediate payment required" checked) or if possible, eBay the winning entry to the contest, or the tickets or whatever.

Germany sucks anyway dude. They all dress like Voldo.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
The Shadow said:
What do you want to do?

Either way, you can try to eBay the tickets to Australia (Do a buy it now with an "Immediate payment required" checked) or if possible, eBay the winning entry to the contest, or the tickets or whatever.

Germany sucks anyway dude. They all dress like Voldo.

I've taken the moutain option, girlfriend was sweet about it and the aussie tickets are not transferable or refundable, however I should save 400 bling by not needing to spend anything the entire week, as opposed to having to spend a bucket on buying things/fun park rides etc.

I'm trying to postpone Aus trip to February next year.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
What I meant is that you should cancel your trip to Australia with your girlfriend all together, and buy her a ticket to go to Germany (same date and same flight with youif possible). Hopefully you get what I mean...

HAOHMARU

I've been to Surfer's Paradise last fall...not that big of a deal. It was like any other place I have seen in the U.S. If you were going single than I would say hell yes...but with your girlfriend it won't be that big of a deal, imo. You might as well save the $$$ and take a trip to your closest beach in your area.

I've never been to Germany, but that I think would be unique. Especially if you brought your girlfriend with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom