• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: "DS is for kiddies!"

miyuru said:
What's his point?

Look past the "name-calling" people, and realise that, either way both will have big sales.

I mostly agree with this.

Gamers are a sensitive bunch, I think the purpose of this is to make gamers insecure about their maturety. Nobody wants to be picked on my a souless billion dollar organization.

DarienA said:
On the very same front page here at GAF we have two opposing threads... with two very different responses....

On this side we have the comments from Sony that the DS is for kiddies.... and so we have responses poo poohing Sony for making such comments.

On the other side we have comments from Nintendo slamming the PSP for a the 2 hour battery(which hasn't even been confirmed).... and we have responses that generally amount to yeah... Nintendo that's the way to do it, stick it to them!

<insert conclusion here>

IAWTP. And had I said something to this effect I probably would have been banned for picking on Nintendo. Oh wait, maybe even posting "IAWTP" in response to something anti-Nintendo could get me banned! :look nervously at "troll count":

Yep, PSP is so hot.

I've no intentions of playing with my PSP since it's not a toy, according to Sony. I'm too mature for that kiddie shit.

The $300 I will spend for the device, the $200 I will spend to recreate a movie collection (because DVD is no longer useful), and another $150 I will spend on a few games that I could just as easily play at home on my PS2...will all be worth it, because afterall, blowing money is the definition of mature.

jarrod

Banned
DJ Demon J said:
IAWTP. And had I said something to this effect I probably would have been banned for picking on Nintendo.
Somehow I doubt that's even possible considering your posting history.

Docpan

When all else fails, and you know you've been outclassed in every way except polygon counts, SAY IT'S FOR KIDS.

Because we all know that adults would never play something so innovative and unique. Us adults are only interested in graphics and the ability to pay full price for a movie that we can view on a mini-screen for two hours BEFORE THE FUCKING BATTERIES DIE OUT.

Dickhead.

Soul4ger

Docpan said:
When all else fails, and you know you've been outclassed in every way except polygon counts, SAY IT'S FOR KIDS.

Because we all know that adults would never play something so innovative and unique. Us adults are only interested in graphics and the ability to pay full price for a movie that we can view on a mini-screen for two hours BEFORE THE FUCKING BATTERIES DIE OUT.

Dickhead.

You've got it all wrong. It's not about the polygons. It's about SHOOTING and WAR and ROSTER UPDATES. If there's plenty of that, than I'm cool. I can compensate for my small dick by playing Madden and Shellshock. Fugitive Hunter rulz, beeotch!

COCKLES

being watched
PSP - cool, but too big and flashy. I'm sure worldwide mugging rates will shoot up when it's released.

DS - Bit of an embarresing mess really. Clunky design and woefully underpowered.

EGM92

COCKLES said:
PSP - cool, but too big and flashy. I'm sure worldwide mugging rates will shoot up when it's released.

DS - Bit of an embarresing mess really. Clunky design and woefully underpowered.

The smartest thing I've read in this thread so far!, but the PSP isn't really that big, I've seen a pciture compare to the normal GBA and it's not much bigger, it was a picture taken at one of the sony confreneces a while ago.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
COCKLES said:

:lol

Microsoft we need a handheld here. STAT.

Top Bottom