• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Striek said:
"1Up.com is temporarily down for maintenance. Please return later."

Has anyone got a direct-link to the podcast (which I think are on different servers)?

i'll put it on yousendit, for the time being

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
Polyphonys going to kill everyone
Sony has a big announcement at the end of the conference that'll change peoples mind on the PS3
They've hand picked 15 PS3 games that'll be playable

Wow, I guess next-gen starts with GT5. 15 playable titles? That's like double what the 360 had last year. :p Anything else, and btw where can I listen to this thing?

Amir0x

Banned
WYWY said:
For the record...

I'll even use all capitals and bold them for emphasis...

SQUARE-ENIX ONLY EVER REVEALS A NEW FF OR A NEW DQ AT ONE SOURCE ONLY. V-JUMP MAGAZINE.

Please (also for your own sakes) re-align your speculations and expectations along other more constructive avenues.

Who is talking about revealing it? All anyone needs is a confirmation that "FFXIII is coming to X" platform or "FFVIIre is being made for Y platform."

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
jett said:
Wow, I guess next-gen starts with GT5. 15 playable titles? That's like double what the 360 had last year. :p Anything else, and btw where can I listen to this thing?

So MS only had 7 or 8 playable games last E3? If true and Sony does have 15 games playable wouldn't that just kill the whole "Sony is hiding behind CGI" talk?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
SolidSnakex said:
Sony has a big announcement at the end of the conference that'll change peoples mind on the PS3

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Striek

tsp_gatmog said:
i'll put it on yousendit, for the time being
Cheers.
jett said:
Wow, I guess next-gen starts with GT5.
Maybe PD are going to make a sequel to Omega Boost ;)
B000023VUP.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif

omegab52sc.jpg

omegab38ju.jpg

Speevy

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
So MS only had 7 or 8 playable games last E3? If true and Sony does have 15 games playable wouldn't that just kill the whole "Sony is hiding behind CGI" talk?

It would shut me up, but I'd have to see many minutes of footage from several games.

mckmas8808

Speevy said:
It would shut me up, but I'd have to see many minutes of footage from several games.

Why many mintues? Is 2 minutes for each game not enough?

Just asking :/

Speevy

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Why many mintues? Is 2 minutes for each game not enough?

Just asking :/

Well playable games generally have tons of footage going around.

I want to see Lair being played.

yes sir, it is the 5-5-06 podcast

np

note: if you wanna get to the ps3 stuff quick, its about 15-30 minutes into it or somethign

mckmas8808

Himuro said:
I really hope Sony took notes from 360. Hopefully the interface and HUD are just as sleek and awesome. Hopefully you can turn the console with the controller, and acess your harddrive with it as well, simply by pressing a button in the middle of the controller.

Seriously. 360 sets the new standard for this type of shit. Top it Sony!

Use your PSP as a remote? You likey?

WalkMan

Banned
Himuro said:
I really hope Sony took notes from 360. Hopefully the interface and HUD are just as sleek and awesome. Hopefully you can turn the console with the controller, and acess your harddrive with it as well, simply by pressing a button in the middle of the controller.

Seriously. 360 sets the new standard for this type of shit. Top it Sony!
They're probably going to use an updated XMB. But based on some preliminary shots I've seen, I am liking it. Hopefully its very intuitive and allows for multi-tasking.

Will you be able to use the Driving Force Pro on PS3 for PS3 games? I would hate to have to buy another wheel. Let it happen Sony!

GT5 with the DFP in HD, will destroy Forza 2 even if Forza 2 looks as good as GT5. And I'm an Xbot.

Kangu

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

Is this announcement for the Pre-E3 conference tomorrow, or for the actual E3 conference?

mckmas8808

Himuro said:
Because I'd have to go and grab a psp to turn it off. A ps3 controller, I'd have in my hands while playing at all times.

Ahhh. I agree :(

mckmas8808

Hey didn't IGN say that at 12:00 am on Monday morning EST that they would release some PS3 news???

Kangu

Banned
Kittonwy said:
There is only one Sony conference, the pre-E3 conference.
gladtomeetya.gif

I was under the impression that Sony's conference was closer to E3, so I thought this Monday thing was new. So... Sony's main conference is tomorrow? Damn I'm hyped.

Amir0x

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Hey didn't IGN say that at 12:00 am on Monday morning EST that they would release some PS3 news???

well if they did, you only have 35 minutes to find where they said that so we can look and anticipate the inevitable disappointmentton.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
mckmas8808 said:
Yep. And didn't IGN say that what they will show will change the minds of the PS3 buyers forever?

Oh gosh IGN, what will we do with you :lol

If I ever see a writer for IGN, i'm going to slap them upside their head

Kittonwy

Banned
Kangu said:
I was under the impression that Sony's conference was closer to E3, so I thought this Monday thing was new. So... Sony's main conference is tomorrow? Damn I'm hyped.

The conferences have always been before E3, but I guess they pick different times each year for strategic reasons, maybe there's a reason why they're going so early. Konami's MGS4 show is going closer to E3, so it's like having two Sony shows.
gladtomeetya.gif

arne

mckmas8808 said:

Not really. Based on the original timeline, Sony should have had launch titles all but pressed by now. So, based on that logic and allowing for the delay, I would think one would expect that they do have a lot that's playable by E3 this year.

Kittonwy said:
The conferences have always been before E3, but I guess they pick different times each year for strategic reasons, maybe there's a reason why they're going so early. Konami's MGS4 show is going closer to E3, so it's like having two Sony shows.

Sony has traditionally had their conference on Tuesday. But a couple of other companies *cough* booked Tuesday with the press before Sony did. From what I understand.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
PSP connection should go ways beyond simply turning it on/off if that CES demonstration was anything to go by. They had a demo there where you could pull a video into a PSP from the big TV, then something else would play on a TV while on PSP you could go through the video you pulled, then you could bring it back on a TV at any time. Stuff like that kind of video sharing and streaming would be great.

Amir0x

Banned
arne said:
Not really. Based on the original timeline, Sony should have had launch titles all but pressed by now. So, based on that logic and allowing for the delay, I would think one would expect that they do have a lot that's playable by E3 this year.

:thumbsup:

Cue Kutaragi's "I CAN LAUNCH PS3 WHENEVER I WANT" comment

I saw two amazing games yesterday. Seriously, they're going to rock. Sadly I can't talk about them until E3, but when day 1 hits (next Wednesday), we can finally say what we need to say about them.

We'll post the first one at midnight (a good nine hours before the show starts) and the second one as soon as the show starts. Sadly, I'm not sure if we can show video of each yet (approvals, approvals, approvals), but with luck we'll be able to.

It's not today.

mckmas8808

Amir0x said:
no seriously, where did IGN write this shit? I don't see it.

IGN did say it. It was in a blog post though. I'm surprised you didn't see this at GAF. Since the search button is gone I can't find the post.

Amir0x

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
IGN did say it. It was in a blog post though. I'm surprised you didn't see this at GAF. Since the search button is gone I can't find the post.

Were you referring to Solidsnakex's post? Because IGN's "LucasArts" game articles are coming Wednesday night.

mckmas8808

Amir0x said:
Were you referring to Solidsnakex's post? Because IGN's "LucasArts" game articles are coming Wednesday night.

It was some what like that post. Can you find it? The guy said that one game or thing would be shown on Monday morning and the other one later on that week or something.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Just to clarify, the show officially starts on Wednesday. The conferences by Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft are preshow events.

Top Bottom