• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Space Marine 2 Post-Launch Roadmap, #2 Wishlisted, #3 bestseller on Steam

SpaceMarine2_Roadmap_YearOneBattlePlan_3840x2160_V8.jpg

Space Marine 2 got a post-launch roadmap today. Cool to see new PvE missions, difficulty, weapons, enemies, and PvP maps all for free.

Only cometics are paid.

Also seems to have good momentum on the charts. Is this going to be a hit despite a leak + huge delay?

#2 on Steam Wishlist behind Hollow Knight
#3 on Steam best sellers (software, not F2P) behind Wukong and BO6

EDIT: forgot to finish the title! ugh

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I was thinking more of paid content, like additional missions and such.
Gotcha. Yeah that's nice that everything is free.

I've gone ahead and preordered this. I'm expecting a shit show at launch, but it looks right up my alley. Can always refund if its really bad.

Last edited:

Ultros

Banned
Can't wait for release. Hopefully it's not a mess on PS5. Given that lately it seems that most games from western devs are a mess on release.

Ultros

Banned
Seems campaign can be played solo with companion ai. Very gears of war. Will probably get it if the story is meaty enough.
It will have PVE maps as well. I think if they play it right, they'll managed to get some of the disgruntled Helldivers 2 players to get the game. Because Arrow Head is on a mission to completely destroy what was an awesome game.

Some fans are angry that Chaos Space Marines are not going to be very customizable at launch. You'll have Night Lord armor that you can change the colors of, but that isn't very helpful for hard core fans.

I'm pretty hyped myself. Really loved the first game.
I've never really played a 40K Warhammer game before but this is the first one to ever get my attention. Seems like the kind of game that used to launch like 15 years ago. A full campaign co op and multiplayer and a bunch of other stuff.

clarky

Gold Member
Still plenty of games that do that, even singelplayer ones *looks at Ubisoft*. Think XP boosters, items, weapons, etc.

XP booster and such, yeah. But i dont consider those pay to win personally.

Weapons? None that i play. CoD gets very close to the wire sometimes with blueprints i suppose.

Last edited:

Ultros

Banned
If I'm not mistaking it's the same in house engine as World War Z so it should be fine on every platform
I know, a lot of people were concerned with the amount of enemy scum on screen in the videos, but that's quite normal on WWZ. It was even insane on PS4, but that's what you get when you have your own in-house engine(snowdrop excluded). You can optimise a lot better. I know it's not UE5, but with so many games using UE5 and running like shit. It will be awesome to have game running smoothly at launch for a change

YuLY

I did my part, I bought on Steam. We need to support these traditional video games with no agenda pushing when they do come out. It is ok to not buy Concord, Saints Row reboot, Suicide Squad and other wokefests, but we also need to support when normal games come out that target the main demographic.

makaveli60

As soon as I can see the ps5 version is decent I’ll pre-order
I did my part, I bought on Steam. We need to support these traditional video games with no agenda pushing when they do come out. It is ok to not buy Concord, Saints Row reboot, Suicide Squad and other wokefests, but we also need to support when normal games come out that target the main demographic.

I'm looking forward to it. Was quite surprised with the first game on ps3 (I think.) Hope it's good. Gunplay, melee, and movement had a nice heavy feel it them, mixed in with some Doom like mechanics. Never played the multiplayer, but might give it a whirl this time. Can't remember the story, but don't remember disliking it for what it was.

Side note, since The Division 2 (in my experience of seeing this "bonus"), companies that put early access to a game behind a higher cost editions, are gross as fuck. Especially a game with multiplayer. See it way more in recent times. Silent Hill 2 even has it. Only the odd exception do they get a pass because of their bravery. Concord, looking at you.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

I’m holding off on buying it till I get impressions. It’s going to be tough…

I can’t wait till Carcharadons are brought in… insta buys!

Can you do a character to look like Grimaldus?

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

I’m thinking about grabbing it on Steam too but waiting for some real person impressions here on gaf. Even decently positive would be a quick buy.

nikos

This suggests no ultrawide support at launch so I'll wait to see how well it's implemented before buying.

Top Bottom