• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Success of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 'Changes Everything,' Dev Says — and Yes, There Are Ideas for Space Marine 3

Joramun

Space Marine 2 is easily the GOTY and I hope they use the same engine so that way they could reuse a lot of assets and add more races. I'm hoping for Necron and Slannesh Daemon for Space Marine 3, maybe even have the Tyranids be a side enemy so there's 3 enemy factions.
The woke will do everything to fight any accolades for SM2 and Saber. Expect some cowardly pushback from the industry.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
The woke will do everything to fight any accolades for SM2 and Saber. Expect some cowardly pushback from the industry.
or....its maybe not a GOTY type of title.

The year of a Zelda and Final Fantasy release along with Black Wukong and Astro Bot.....sigh, this game not winning the majority of them awards with an 8 doing Gears Of War from Temu things lol

I think its a solid game from what I've seen, but shit i play lots of solid games thru the year I know are not GOTY massive type titles, Yakuza, Star Wars Outlaws, even if AC Shadows did released this year, would not be saying "GOTY ONLY CHUDS want to stop dis", that isn't GOTY type of change, its merely a solid, 7 to 8 norm release.

I'm sure its fine title man, but nothing I see here screams GOTY and if it doesn't get the majority awards, that would not be some shocking conspiracy based on "cowardly pushback" merely means someone liked Astro Bot much more then Gears Clone

So Astro Bot, Zelda, FF etc those are not really shocking ones that might take the majority

This game isn't even in the top 24 best scored games..... (not even best 50)

I'll check it out some time next year on sale or used or something, but I don't see anything here that would support some wild GOTY type thing as that sounds.....maybe a bit exaggerated.

hyperbertha

It's not hard to be successful these days. Just make your protagonist male, and not a complete cuck. Men who are looking for a power fantasy don't like playing as women. It's the truth. And that is the majority gaming demographic.

Xyphie

What makes this game so good is its verisimilitude, its just a ridiculously good and faithful adaptation of 40K. It's a really good example of a game that's better because it's based on a licensed IP. The actual gameplay is like barely a 7/10 so I hope they improve in that department.

Top Bottom