• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPIDER-MANIA! DOC OCK, HIMSELF, TALKS ABOUT - UH, PLAYING DOC OCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexbubble

can't wait to see this movie...

over at Chud today they also had an interview posted with Kirsten Dunst for those interested

karasu

They could create someone new. Fuck a Rogues Gallery. Another pissed off old scientist would suck, been there done that. Same with Goblin Jr, wrap that shit up in this movie please. Venom i just too big of a story to do in one movie. Drastic changes would have to be made.

Killbin

Banned
Are you crazy? Mysterio is awesome. If not Venom, then Mysterio. He fits perfect in a movie with special-effects. 3 big movies with only two villains (yeah, I know. Green Goblin - Hobgoblin). Come on....
And don't talk crap about the shocker, if you're a real Spiderman fan. I am one and I have nothing against THE LIZARD, because he is a good chara in the spiderman universe. But the GOBLIN/HOBGOBLIN as the villain in Spiderman 1 + 3 is bullshit and very lame!

If not Venom....
venom.jpg

....CARNAGE (I would love it)
Boris%20Vallejo%20-%20Carnage.jpg

...or THE SHOCKER
shocker.jpg

...MYSTERIO would be the best idea!
bowen_mysterio_bust.jpg

mysterio5.jpg

To put the GREEN GOBLIN as the main villain in the first Spiderman movie was a bad idea imo He's ....a little bit unspectacular/lame
greengoblin.jpg

To see a similar villain in Spiderman 3 would be crap
hobgoblin.jpg

...as the LIZARD
spiderman-lizard.jpg

But at the end, we're going to see an awesome movie. Spiderman IS the greatest hero in the Marvel Universe IMO since I was a child!!
spiderman.jpg

Willco

Hollywood Square
karasu said:
They could create someone new. Fuck a Rogues Gallery. Another pissed off old scientist would suck, been there done that. Same with Goblin Jr, wrap that shit up in this movie please. Venom i just too big of a story to do in one movie. Drastic changes would have to be made.

Doc Conners was never a pissed off, old scientist. His story is pretty cool actually, as it's more Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde than OMG I AM ANGRY GOBLIN BOMBS GO.

Willco

Hollywood Square
JC10001 said:
IAWTP.

I know I'm in the minority here when I say this, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hydroman at some point. I think it would be cool to see a liquified villain on screen. There are a lot of effects they could do with that. Obviously he couldn't carry his own movie so you would have to pair him up with someone. The Shocker seems like an obvious choice, imo since water and electricity don't mix (could be an easy way to kill them both). But I still don't think it that would make a good movie.

That's the problem with a lot of Spidey villains. Very few of them could carry a movie. I think Venom would be the obvious choice for a 4th film with Venom & Carnage in the 5th (and last one).

So who could carry Spiderman 3? Either Kingping & GG2 (so we can see the Harry/Kingpin dynamic) or Mysterio. Yes.... I believe that Mysterio could carry a movie... but it's obvious they are going with GG2. They might be able to cover the symbiote suit story in part 3 as well (up to the part with Peter getting rid of it).

No. Raimi is doing his arc and wrapping it up with Spider-Man 3. I mean, it'll be open ended because Spidey is still around, but it's not going to lead into any sequels. And that's because after Spidey 3, we're going to get a whole new cast and crew. That'll be scary.

karasu

Willco said:
Doc Conners was never a pissed off, old scientist. His story is pretty cool actually, as it's more Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde than OMG I AM ANGRY GOBLIN BOMBS GO.

Yeah but we've already been there with the Hulk, and Van helsing, and that crap with Sean Connery. Enough with the mindless rampaging. Mysterio would be cool though. I forgot about him. Heck maybe even The Sandman.

Bob White

No. Raimi is doing his arc and wrapping it up with Spider-Man 3. I mean, it'll be open ended because Spidey is still around, but it's not going to lead into any sequels. And that's because after Spidey 3, we're going to get a whole new cast and crew. That'll be scary.

Just give me a symbiote trilogy with these throughout the flicks: spidey finding the suit, vemon getting it, their fights, then carnage somewhere in the last of the three movies, and a new cast and crew wont matter.

Killbin

Banned
Bob White said:
rhino04.gif

"What about me you fucking bastards?!"
I don't think he would be a good villain in a MOVIE because.... he looks too funny imo. I don't know. He does not scare me. VENOM does or CARNAGE.

Yes, even the SANDMAN would be better then the HOBGOBLIN.

But hey, MYSTERIO would be the best idea.

Willco

Hollywood Square
karasu said:
Yeah but we've already been there with the Hulk, and Van helsing, and that crap with Sean Connery. Enough with the mindless rampaging. Mysterio would be cool though. I forgot about him. Heck maybe even The Sandman.

Haha, Mysterio is probably the least respected villain in the comic books. That is the worst Spidey villain next to the Shocker. Mysterio's only decent story wasn't even in a Spider-Man comic book, it was in Daredevil for Christ's sake.

There aren't a lot of Spidey rogues that are decent and filmable after The Lizard. Probably Venom, Chameleon and Scorpion. Carnage is just trash. The Vulture, Shocker, Kraven, Hydroman, etc. can't carry a film. They'd make decent fodder for a movie intro, but not much more. They've never really poised a real thread in Peter Parker's life (maybe with the exception of Kraven).

Killbin

Banned
Venom can carry a film.
Mysterio, The Shocker, ....
But hey, we got some scientists in the Spiderman universe. Let us clone some Goblins and we can start a GOBLIN WAR ....oh dear!

Willco

Hollywood Square
Killbin said:
Venom can carry a film.

Yeah, there's no doubt to this. Venom could probably carry more than one film.

When Raimi and Co. leave after Spidey 3, I really am not sure if I'll care enough to follow up on the exploits of the amazing Spider-Man. I really don't want to see someone run the character into the ground.

Killbin

Banned
Willco said:
Yeah, there's no doubt to this. Venom could probably carry more than one film.

When Raimi and Co. leave after Spidey 3, I really am not sure if I'll care enough to follow up on the exploits of the amazing Spider-Man. I really don't want to see someone run the character into the ground.
Crap! Toby M. isn't god. There are much better actors out there. But first of all, let us watch Spiderman 2 + 3.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
It'd be cool if Raimi could somehow do a Sinister Six thing. Oh, well. I'm sure whatever he chooses to do for Spidey 3 will be great anyway. :)

Willco

Hollywood Square
Killbin said:
Crap! Toby M. isn't god. There are much better actors out there. But first of all, let us watch Spiderman 2 + 3.

I'm not talking about Toby Maguire. We're talking no Bill Pope, Sam Raimi, John Dykstra, etc. A lot of people that made these movies what they are.

Knowing Hollywood, the next batch of Spider-Man movies will be helmed by McG and Joel Silver, with Ashton Kutcher as Peter Paker and Lindsay Lohan as Mary Jane.

Willco

Hollywood Square
DopeyFish said:
Doctor Octopus, Venom and Carnage are by far the best enemies in the spider-man universe.

Carnage is just a rehash of Venom. Pass.

Green Goblin gets on that list easily, because he's the only one to have actually ruined Peter's life. He killed his first girlfriend, man.

And - hey! - a Spider-Man reference on a repeat of Friends. Awesome.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Willco said:
Carnage is just a rehash of Venom. Pass.

which is why carnage is one of the best.

The villains in the spider-man universe go from "omg awesome" to the kinds of enemies you see in christian comic books. (except Ghost Rider)

:s

Willco

Hollywood Square
DopeyFish said:
which is why carnage is one of the best.

The villains in the spider-man universe go from "omg awesome" to the kinds of enemies you see in christian comic books. (except Ghost Rider)

:s

Haha, yeah, he doesn't have the best rogue gallery, but he has the next best. Batman, by far, has the best villains. Then Spider-Man.

Venom can carry a film much better than the Lizard could. The Lizard's a damn cool adversary, with a nice Jekyll/Hyde story, but a two hour film with him alone would just get boring.

Venom COULD be introduced in the next film, and integrated quite well, if they went with the "symbiote-comes-with-space-shuttle" story from the 90s cartoon. In capable hands - something this film would no doubt be in - it could work.

Killbin

Banned
Prince of Space said:
Venom can carry a film much better than the Lizard could. The Lizard's a damn cool adversary, with a nice Jekyll/Hyde story, but a two hour film with alone would just get boring.

Venom COULD be introduced in the next film, and integrated quite well, if they went with the "symbiote-comes-with-space-shuttle" story the 90s cartoon. In capable hands - something this film would no doubt be in - it could work.
IAWTP

DopeyFish said:
Doctor Octopus, Venom and Carnage are by far the best enemies in the spider-man universe.
Don't forget MYSTERIO and SHOCKER. And I'm talking about villains in movies. Lizard + Hobgoblin = lame

Willco

Hollywood Square
Prince of Space said:
Venom can carry a film much better than the Lizard could. The Lizard's a damn cool adversary, with a nice Jekyll/Hyde story, but a two hour film with him alone would just get boring.

That's why he's not the only villain in Spidey 3. Nobody reads, eh?

Venom COULD be introduced in the next film, and integrated quite well, if they went with the "symbiote-comes-with-space-shuttle" story from the 90s cartoon. In capable hands - something this film would no doubt be in - it could work.

No, it could not. The way Spidey 2 ends and the fact Raimi wants to wrap his arc with Spidey 3 makes introducing Venom an impossibility. Even if that wasn't the case, you couldn't make a Venom movie with two hours. It could not work. Ever.

The cartoon had lots of episodes for that Venom arc. You've got to introduce Eddie Brock, ruin Eddie Brock, you got to get the suit, have Spidey wear the suit, Spidey fights in the black suit (but it's evil), Spidey eventually rejects the suit, the suit joins Brock, the suit becomes Venom and hunts down Spidey.

You people should never make movies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Killbin said:
IAWTP

Don't forget MYSTERIO and SHOCKER. And I'm talking about villains in movies. Lizard + Hobgoblin = lame

Haha, Mysterio and Shocker are way lamer than either of those villains. One wears a fishbowl and is the laughingstock of the entire comic book industry. The other is a dumb crook with a vibrator. What Spidey comics did you read?

nomoment

How to do a Venom story without too much continuity, and some major retconing?

1. John Jameson goes to space.
2. John Jameson comes back from space, turns into Man-Wolf.
3. Man-Wolf bites Spider-Man.
4. Weird stuff Jameson acquires from space is transferred from bite to Spidey's skin/bloodstream.
5. Weird stuff becomes symbiote.
6. Brock writes expose about weird Jameson stuff... gets infected!
7. Spidey rejects symbiote with the help of Curt Connors.
8. Spidey tries to save Brock from symbiote, cue Spidey vs Venom fight!

And the rest is history...

Willco

Hollywood Square
nomoment said:
How to do a Venom story without too much continuity, and some major retconing?

1. John Jameson goes to space.
2. John Jameson comes back from space, turns into Man-Wolf.
3. Man-Wolf bites Spider-Man.
4. Weird stuff Jameson acquires from space is transferred from bite to Spidey's skin/bloodstream.
5. Weird stuff becomes symbiote.
6. Brock writes expose about weird Jameson stuff... gets infected!
7. Spidey rejects symbiote with the help of Curt Connors.
8. Spidey tries to save Brock from symbiote, cue Spidey vs Venom fight!

And the rest is history...

I'd drop the Man-Wolf stuff and do the cartoon storyline. Man-Wolf is kind of lame.

nomoment

Willco said:
He goes to space and becomes Man-Wolf? That is pretty geeky, man.
They could do the moon pendant storyline, like in the comics. Or, even better... they get bombarded by weird space rays while playing golf on the moon...

Either way, you get a freebie (cool) villain!

Willco

Hollywood Square
There's a couple of problems that fake storyline, though. That's a dumb way to get infected! They should just use the reasoning for the cartoon. The space rock bullshit.

Also, that storyline fails to explain why Brock hates Peter Parker and/or Spider-Man.

nomoment

Willco said:
There's a couple of problems that fake storyline, though. That's a dumb way to get infected! They should just use the reasoning for the cartoon. The space rock bullshit.

Also, that storyline fails to explain why Brock hates Peter Parker and/or Spider-Man.
I just need time for refinement... I came up with this in less than 3 minutes!

And to be honest, I think 75% of my plot outline subconciously seeped in from the cartoon. I didn't even remember the cartoon Venom storyline until you mentioned it a few posts ago. Bloody hell.

DopeyFish

Killbin said:

Mysterio was a sissy. Shocker looks too funny.

Mysterio would be cool if he made him not to be sissy. Sure he looks cool with the fishbowl on his head... BUT HE'S A SISSY.

Willco

Hollywood Square
DopeyFish said:
Mysterio was a sissy. Shocker looks too funny.

Mysterio would be cool if he made him not to be sissy. Sure he looks cool with the fishbowl on his head... BUT HE'S A SISSY.

Yeah, really. The only decent Mysterio arc was when he tortured Matt Murdock aka Daredevil because he could never do it to Spider-Man and settled for the second best thing. What a loser.

Killbin

Banned
Willco said:
Haha, Mysterio and Shocker are way lamer than either of those villains. One wears a fishbowl and is the laughingstock of the entire comic book industry. The other is a dumb crook with a vibrator. What Spidey comics did you read?
Ok, now I get it. You're not a big SPIDERMAN fan, you're a jerk.
Talking bullshit like that about MYSTERIO and SHOCKER is lame....
Go and read your comics, dude. It's all over for you!

DopeyFish

The venom story line should be reworked into this:

Some dude goes to space, finds rock floating near earth (or got jammed in a satellite). Government thinks there is some value in this rock/substance, possibly for explosives. Terrorists try to steal the substance (which is locked up in a radioactive briefcase). Spidey attempts to foil them but before he could nail them, the brief case opens and spidey is exposed to the substance. After which, the puddle sneaks away and eventually forms Venom (which of course has some likeness to spider-man)

see? I just mainstreamified the venom plot

Killbin

Banned
DopeyFish said:

Some dude goes to space, finds rock floating near earth (or got jammed in a satellite). Government thinks there is some value in this rock/substance, possibly for explosives. Terrorists try to steal the substance (which is locked up in a radioactive briefcase). Spidey attempts to foil them but before he could nail them, the brief case opens and spidey is exposed to the substance. After which, the puddle sneaks away and eventually forms Venom (which of course has some likeness to spider-man)

*rofl*

evil ways

DopeyFish said:

I believe this news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom