• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sporting News 2yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

thank you sir.

i hope all these free magazine subscriptions dont come around to bite me in the ass one day (credit).

DCX

DCX
Joe said:
thank you sir.

i hope all these free magazine subscriptions dont come around to bite me in the ass one day (credit).
How so? No credit card info...hell i got EGM til 2009!!! Got Maxium and Stuff til 2008, PC Magazine, XBN for a year...it's nice to get free mags.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Move to the states, free mags, free beer, and free women...after the beer of course :)

DCX

calder

dem said:
WHY THE FUCK DONT THEY OFFER FREE MAGAZINES IN CANADA!?!?!

fuck

IBTN.

The Sporting News and ESPN the Mag are the two multi-sport mags that I actually love reading. Even when my fav sports are out of season they have enough content about a wide range of stuff that picking them up is worthwhile. I remember having a SI subscription as a gift years back and it was hellish - I wonder if they stopped being so damn humourless and boring when TSN and ESPN started nipping at their heels.

calder said:
IBTN.

The Sporting News and ESPN the Mag are the two multi-sport mags that I actually love reading. Even when my fav sports are out of season they have enough content about a wide range of stuff that picking them up is worthwhile. I remember having a SI subscription as a gift years back and it was hellish - I wonder if they stopped being so damn humourless and boring when TSN and ESPN started nipping at their heels.

For my money you just can't beat the writing in SI. And humorless? Do you read the Rick Reiley and Steve Rushin columns? I haven't read too much of TSN, but ESPN is too loud. It tries too hard in throwing all these graphics and colors at me and all I want is my damn sports articles. Which SI offers much more in terms of quality than the other two.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I'm pretty sure Rick Reilly is a SI exclusive.

TSN is leagues better than Sports Illustrated, which is pedestrian at best. It's interesting and entertaining. And I definitely prefer ESPN over SI, because although its format might put off some people, it usually has better content than Sports Illustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom