• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix updates Tokyo Game Show line-up

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/17/news_6107836.html

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song, and other titles now listed for exhibit.

TOKYO--Square Enix has updated its list of games that will be on exhibit at the Tokyo Game Show this coming week. Games to be on playable display will now include the PlayStation 2 remake of Romancing Saga and the new Itadaki Street title, which will feature a crossover of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters. As reported earlier, Dragon Quest VIII and Radiata Stories will also be on playable display at the show.

Video presentations include the newly announced MMORPG for the PC, Fantasy Earth: The Ring Of Dominion, and the two egg battle RPGs, Egg Monster Hero and Hanjuku Hero IV: Shichi-nin no Hanjuku-Hero. Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII will also be showing up at the TGS, but there's no word on how it will be presented.

Final Fantasy fans looking to get their hands on a playable demo of Final Fantasy XII will have to wait, as it will only be shown as a video presentation. However, visitors to Square Enix's booth will get treated to the long length video of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, which premiered at the Venice Film festival earlier this month. Square Enix¹s updated list of games for the Tokyo Game Show goes as follows:

Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song (PS2)
Radiata Stories (PS2)
Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)
Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Akaki Elixir no Akuma (PS2)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2, video exhibit only)
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2, exhibit form unannounced)
Hanjuku Hero IV: Shichi-nin no Hanjuku Hero (PS2, video exhibit only)
Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (PS2, PC, video exhibit only)
Front Mission Online (PS2, PC, video exhibit only)
Egg Monster Hero (DS, video exhibit only)
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA)
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (DVD)
Fantasy Earth: The Ring Of Dominion (PC, video exhibit only)
Cross Gate Power-up Kit 3 (PC, video exhibit only)
EverQuest II (Japanese distributor, video exhibit only)
Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII (Mobile, video exhibit only)

AniHawk

Odysseus said:
I thought I heard that a Mana game was being developed for DS, or is that list not exhaustive?

There might be some games being saved for the big DS reveal in October.

jarrod

Banned
Odysseus said:
I thought I heard that a Mana game was being developed for DS, or is that list not exhaustive?
There's also FFCC, DQ Monsters and Slime Morimori games in the works for DS.

Kiriku said:
WTF happened to that spiritual sequel to Brave Fencer??

maybe they cancelled it? I didn't see any website upload the E3 trailer. And we haven't heard anything since E3 (didn't hear anything at e3 either).

Kiriku said:
WTF happened to that spiritual sequel to Brave Fencer??

Well, it was awfully early-looking at E3. Maybe they just wanted to show it off for the benefit of E3 (I think BFM was more successful in N.America than Japan?) and are waiting for it to come along before to show any more. It wouldn't be the first game to follow that pattern...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Belfast said:
Hehe, weird that S-E is distributing EQ2 in Japan. :) Conflict of interest???? ;)
Handing it shitty servers and tons of advertisements saying "FFXI has the best servers in Japan!"

I suspect there are two new Seiken Densetsu/Mana games in development. They'd still be too early to show.

Why isn't FF XII going to be playable? It was playable 4 months ago...

According to Square Enix the developers are just too busy to put another demo together right now.

border

Wow, companies really have stopped putting effort into TGS. They are doing video-only showings of games that are finished and on shelves. I guess they can't be bothered with the expense of setting up kiosks....

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Doom_Bringer said:
No psp and gc love :(

They have CC2 coming somewhere down the pipeline... as for PSP... I think they will jump on board...they just might be dragging their feet a bit...

Top Bottom