• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Enterprise Season 4 delayed till October; "Storm Front, Part 2" Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
From Trekweb.com:

UPN Announces Fall Schedule: ENTERPRISE Premiere Delayed Until Early October
By Steve Krutzler / 15:52, 20 July 2004 / Enterprise

UPN has been touting its new slate of programming for the fall season and according to Zap2it, fans of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE may have to wait nearly one month longer than last season to see how Archer and the crew will defeat alien Nazis in "Storm Front, Part 1."

Using the success of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL, UPN is reportedly going to launch new drama VERONICA MARS following the Tyra Banks reality series on Wednesday, September 22nd, 9 PM. MARS will then take over its regular timeslot Tuesdays at 8 PM on September 28th. KEVIN HILL will debut Wednesday, September 29th at 9 PM.

While most of UPN's programming will debut the week of September 20th, ENTERPRISE won't return until October 8th. There the prequel will make its Friday debut in the 8 PM timeslot, which will be filled until then by TOP MODEL repeats. The reality show will then move to its Friday 9 PM timeslot once ENTERPRISE premieres. Last year ENTERPRISE debuted on September 10th.

ENTERPRISE will produce 22 episodes this season, two less than last year and four less than seasons one and two, and most of the other STAR TREK television series. UPN's premiere schedule is as follows:

Monday, Sept. 20

8 p.m. "One on One" (new timeslot)
8:30 p.m. "Half & Half" (new timeslot)
9 p.m. "Girlfriends"
9:30 p.m. "Second Time Around"

Tuesday, Sept. 21

8 p.m. "All of Us" (new timeslot)
8:30 p.m. "Eve" (new timeslot)

Wednesday, Sept. 22

8 p.m. "America's Next Top Model" (new timeslot)
9 p.m. "Veronica Mars" (preview)

Thursday, Sept. 23

8 p.m. "WWE Smackdown!" (continuing)

Tuesday, Sept. 28

9 p.m. "Veronica Mars" (regular time-period premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 29

9 p.m. "Kevin Hill"

Friday, Oct. 8

8 p.m. "Star Trek: Enterprise" (new timeslot)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Storm Front, Part 2" Continues Alien Nazi Storyline and Temporal Plot in First Details
By Steve Krutzler / 10:21, 20 July 2004 / Enterprise

[SPOILERS!]

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE resumed production last week with the fourth season premiere "Storm Front, Part 1," the beginning of a multi-episode storyline that will find Archer stuck in a Nazi-dominated 1944 in which the World War II villains are being aided by an alien race called the 'Na'khul'.

The second part of "Storm Front" is slated to go before cameras next Monday, and TrekWeb has learned that the episode will involve more temporal craziness. As 'Vosk', the alien leader who seems to be leading their effort to help the Nazis occupy the East Coast of the United States, seeks to determine whether temporal agents are foiling their plan.

Vosk's new assistant 'Kraul' is charged with investigating prisoners' status as temporal agents and is satisfied that they aren't. Meanwhile, we also learn that Vosk maintains a temporal conduit in his compound, and Archer works with other resistance fighters to prevent the Na'Khul's interference with Earth's past.

"Storm Front, Part 2" will be directed by David Straiton from a script by Manny Coto. The episode will air October 15th.

G4life98

the most fucked up thing about enterprise is that the whole temporal cold war thing was a intriging concept, that is sadly only used as great glue to tie together mediocre story arcs and give the illusion of something grand and epicf.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
G4life98 said:
the most fucked up thing about enterprise is that the whole temporal cold war thing was a intriging concept, that is sadly only used as great glue to tie together mediocre story arcs and give the illusion of something grand and epicf.

I SO agree with this post....

BojTrek

Banned
I would rather watch re-runs of DS9 and TNG on Spike TV on Friday nights...

I bet the re-runs will get better ratings than Enterprise...

I wish they would have went 100 years into the future past TNG crew, instead of this prequel crap.

Oh well, I have only watched the Borg Episode on Enterprise and random 5-10 minute spurts of the remaining other episodes... I have completely given up on this show since Episode 1.

G4life98

i just finished watching all 7 seasons of ds9 and it saddens me to see how far trek has fallen in terms of quality.

dominion war >*

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
G4life98 said:
i just finished watching all 7 seasons of ds9 and it saddens me to see how far trek has fallen in terms of quality.

dominion war >*

Oh man the dominion war had some awesome eps....

Vlad

I just don't get the people who do the TV scheduling...

You'd think that in order to revitalize a show that's doing poorly in the ratings, they'd move it to a good timeslot, but instead they seem to always shuffle them off to friday nights, a night notorious for bad ratings...

Not that I care about Trek one way or the other, though.

Phoenix

Kumiko Nikaido said:
Haha, yeah where the heck are all you Star Trek fans? :p

I'm here. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean that Enterprise doesn't suck. One cannot be blind to the truth that is the continuing death of this franchise by the Berman and Braga disease.

I will also disagree about the temporal coldwar being intriguing. It was god-awful stupid from the onset and has only gotten worse as the series has progressed. Noting about it is interesting, compelling, or could bind a series together.

At least in the other treks when someone came up with something stupid you didn't have to endure it for more than an episode or 2.

Well, you're in luck!

"Berman added that the entire Temporal Cold War will be wrapped up by the end of episode two,"

So it will be done with 2 eps into season 4! No matter how much you hate it, you have to agree dragging it out this long just to abruptly explain it away is quite lazy.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Phoenix said:
I'm here. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean that Enterprise doesn't suck. One cannot be blind to the truth that is the continuing death of this franchise by the Berman and Braga disease.

I will also disagree about the temporal cold war being intriguing. It was god-awful stupid from the onset and has only gotten worse as the series has progressed. Noting about it is interesting, compelling, or could bind a series together.

At least in the other treks when someone came up with something stupid you didn't have to endure it for more than an episode or 2.

Come to think of it, the Temporal Cold War issue has been touched upon in like 5 or 6 episodes out of a total of 76 episodes. Berman's messed up with it's the build-up and is messing up again with how it concludes. Berman is a total loon.

ShadowRed

Banned
G4life98 said:

Dude I take it your a little slow or haven't been keeping up with the rumors about the show. The last 3 years poor ratings + cutting the number of shows this season + moving it to Friday = this show is canceled after this season. They are trying to tie everything up and end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom