• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Skeleton Crew | Official Trailer

Lunarorbit

I was ready to not lie the trailer. Once I saw the kids I rolled my eyes; obi won and those stupid ewok movies ruined kids in star wars for me.

But the kids don't sound annoying and jude law's there to balance it out.

My star wars Fandom doesn't really make sense anymore though. I skipped andor and the Acolyte but watched obi won and Boba fett.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I skipped andor

Fail Empire Strikes Back GIF by Star Wars

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Goonies in space produced by a producer of The Goonies.
Well, we've seen Indiana Jones produced by a producer of indiana jones and look how that series has gone. There is a distinct volatility to these projects where I think they will fail at baseline and occasionally surprise everyone by being good.

Ulysses 31

Well, we've seen Indiana Jones produced by a producer of indiana jones and look how that series has gone. There is a distinct volatility to these projects where I think they will fail at baseline and occasionally surprise everyone by being good.
James Cameron was involved with Terminator Dark Fate and look how that turned as well... 👀

People's past rep don't mean what it used to in a lot of cases...

Trilobit

If this is what it takes to inject some interest in Star Wars for the young generation then it'll be great despite the suburban weirdness.

ManaByte

Gold Member
If this is what it takes to inject some interest in Star Wars for the young generation then it'll be great despite the suburban weirdness.

It's definitely better than their first attempt.

Marvel was able to cultivate a very loyal and young user base over the first decade of the MCU, and Lucasfilm saw their fans aging out. So they tried this:

Didn't work out like they wanted.

longrainwater

Neo Member
This seems to be the new compromise in Hollywood. If you want to get investors, set your story in a Star Wars/comic book/other established universe with a built-in fan base.

Last edited:
This seems to be the new compromise in Hollywood. If you want to get investors, set your story in a Star Wars/comic book/other established universe with a built-in fan base.
This would be fine if they stopped making garbage content. They have a massive goldmine sitting right there in front of them and yet they keep making flops to appease an agenda. It makes absolutely no sense. Characters representing minorities or whatever is fine and nobody cares about that if the story and characters are good, but they keep making garbage stories with garbage characters to focus on "the message." And when people lash out at the story and characters sucking they call everyone toxic, homophobic, transphobic, and racist. They make absolute garbage and take no responsibility for their failures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom