• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbreeze's next project?

Holy hell. I just finished Riddick. This game feels like it's a half generation beyond other current console titles(loading times excluded).
I've done the only sensible thing which is to start the game again right after finishing it but on the next difficulty setting(something I rarely am motivated to do).
Does anybody know what the deal is with these guys, i.e. current past future projects?
Because, from what I've played of this game, it should be noteworthy.

SantaC

It's been confirmed that SB is working on a next gen action title, and that they have signed a contract with a big american publisher. *cough*

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Heliocentric said:
Holy hell. I just finished Riddick. This game feels like it's a half generation beyond other current console titles(loading times excluded).
I've done the only sensible thing which is to start the game again right after finishing it but on the next difficulty setting(something I rarely am motivated to do).
Does anybody know what the deal is with these guys, i.e. current past future projects?
Because, from what I've played of this game, it should be noteworthy.

It's teh magic of normal mapping!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I just started getting into Riddick on the XBOX. Can't wait to play it on PC tho.

Deku Tree

SantaCruZer said:
It's been confirmed that SB is working on a next gen action title, and that they have signed a contract with a big american publisher. *cough*

Hopefully Riddick IV. The video game was better than both movies (in every way including story).

FYI:

Riddick I: CoR Escape from Butcher Bay (game)
Riddick II: Pitch Black Movie
Riddick II.5: CoR Dark Fury (EDIT: anime connecting II-III which I missed)
Riddick III: Last CoR Movie (was there even a subtitle?)

Where's JetJevons when you need him? I believe it was Xenon and PS3 that they are targetting. Recent rumor mill writeups say that the Riddick core engine is being upgraded and fit onto the Xenon right now.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I'm not saying anything. Except perhaps maybe parallax mapping or height mapping. Does anyone even know what that is?!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
jetjevons said:
I'm not saying anything. Except perhaps maybe parallax mapping or height mapping. Does anyone even know what that is?!

Oh Oh i do i do. Doom3 has it.

Parallax Mapping Mod is a modification for Doom3's graphics engine. It improves all of the game's bump maps by applying a technology known as parallax mapping, which gives surfaces more depth and realism.

Parallax mapping is also known as virtual displacement mapping or offset mapping. This technology, featured in the upcoming Unreal Engine 3 and Serious Engine 2, makes bump mapped textures look more 3D by offsetting the bumps depending on your view.

With this mod, parallax mapping is applied to all textures in the game by using a heavily modified vertex and pixel shader. Many of Doom3's bump map textures have been manually modifed with custom height information to produce a true parallax effect. All other textures use simulated parallax mapping.

This mod also works in custom levels that may contain custom textures. A tutorial is included that explains how to create custom textures that make the most of the parallax mapping
technology offered in this mod.

NOTE: This mod requires at least a Radeon 9500 or GeForce FX

Isnt Height mapping just mapping images/sound dependant on what height your at? Whats so great about that? ;)

Top Bottom