• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft: Ghost... any new news?

Razoric

Banned
The game kinda dropped off the radar after the developer change. Anything new been announced on this game that I might have missed or does anyone have any good inside scoops?

rox

Teddman

Let's see, Swingin' Ape is bringing a more action-oriented approach to the game, the dev cycle had to hit a bit of a turnaround because S.A. is used to doing Macintosh-based game design and Starcraft: Ghost was built on workstations (or vice-versa), one of the higher-ups at Blizzard is buddies with one of the founders of S.A. and that's kind of how they got the job to take the game over, they will probably use existing models and character designs but add new gameplay features and level designs...

Not a whole lot of concrete info on the game's specific changes, but then again they've only been working on it for a few months.

Razoric

Banned
Thanks for the info. It looked to have a lot of potential... didn't want to see this game fall through the cracks.

Besides SC:Ghost and WoW, any other Blizzard rumblings? Any new RTS in the near future?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Their next 2 projects are most likely Starcraft 2 (think Warhammer with even more polish) and Diablo III being developed by different divisions within Blizzard. Both are guaranteed to sell in the millions, of course. I'd estimate the following as their timetable:

WOW - Winter '04
SC: Ghost - Summer '05
Diablo III - Early '06
Starcraft II - Winter '06
Original Project - 2007

Blizzard rules so damn hard.

Razoric

Banned
eXxy said:
not even close. blizzard simply gives a shit about quality.

IAWTP

open_mouth_ said:
Their next 2 projects are most likely Starcraft 2 (think Warhammer with even more polish) and Diablo III being developed by different divisions within Blizzard. Both are guaranteed to sell in the millions, of course. I'd estimate the following as their timetable:

WOW - Winter '04
Diablo III - Early '06
Original Project - 2007

Nice! I'd personally love to see another WC3 expansion. I'm still playing that damn game. TOB owns me. :)

Seriously it does. m3 and j were the only enjoyable versions of that, ever. It's broke to sweet fuck all at the moment, even with the stun bug m3 is better than m4.

Razoric

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Seriously it does. m3 and j were the only enjoyable versions of that, ever. It's broke to sweet fuck all at the moment, even with the stun bug m3 is better than m4.

Eh, I still think its fun. Not the best / most balanced game, but it's fanmade so I'll let that slide. :)

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Has blizzard ever made a bad game? I mean even their old stuff was cool. BlackThorne, Lost vikings rock and roll racing were fun as hell.

AeroGod

Doc Holliday said:
Has blizzard ever made a bad game? I mean even their old stuff was cool. BlackThorne, Lost vikings rock and roll racing were fun as hell.

No they havnt ever made a bad game.

Teddman

They are going full steam on Diablo III and have been for awhile, I know that. Special attention is being paid to the cinematic CG cutscenes, which will be numerous and higher quality than ever before.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Meh, they should have a game engine capable of the movies they want in diablo 3 by now :-/

Cant wait for SC:Ghost though, i was pretty uninterested before Swinging Ape took over, but now i can see it being great again.

Razoric

Banned
Ghost said:
Meh, they should have a game engine capable of the movies they want in diablo 3 by now :-/

Have you seen WoW cinematics? No game engine made in the next 5 years could even begin to touch that detail. I would expect D3 to be similar or even better.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Thats true Blizzards cinematics are incredible (they were pretty much the only reason i completed Warcraft 3), i can just see another amazing set of cinematics tacked onto a sub-standard ingame graphical package (see basically any recent blizzard game)

AeroGod

Ghost said:
Thats true Blizzards cinematics are incredible (they were pretty much the only reason i completed Warcraft 3), i can just see another amazing set of cinematics tacked onto a sub-standard ingame graphical package (see basically any recent blizzard game)

BLizzard graphics are never really high on technical term. THey do that on purpose because that way more people can play them without having ot go out and buy a new gfx card or more RAM. They are always very detailed though and the animation is great.

So SC: ghost isn't shaping out to be the splinter cell / metroid genre blend easily? Quite keen on this on if they get it right. Have to say that the swap of dev houses really doesn't instill confidence.

Crispy

open_mouth_ said:
WOW - Winter '04
Diablo III - Early '06
Original Project - 2007

I think these are some very optimistic numbers, especially diablo 3 and starcraft 2...I'dd add a year to both of them, let alone the original project.

I'm really looking forward to diablo 3 though...Diablo 2 is just so good, I wonder what they will come up with to improve it some more.

Top Bottom