• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Majine

Banned
36012183.jpg

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/36012183.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Its ok bro

Since it's completely fresh MMR I'm sure alot of people are gonna get roflstomped during placements.

First guy I played was definitely a low-mid master player in terms of skill.

ShaneB

Random digital purchasing question. I don't have my authenticator so I can't check, but does battle.net allow me to add money to a wallet? I'm pretty sure there is from the Diablo bucks thing and whatnot that was introduced. Just trying to see if I can pay with a gift card I have, and the balance with another credit card/paypal/whatever.

Tacitus_

More like they lock your account if you login from anything other than your own pc, which is really annoying.

Is that so? I admit, I haven't logged on on different machines that much, but I've never gotten locked. Maybe it's because I have an authenticator attached?

suikodan

More like they lock your account if you login from anything other than your own pc, which is really annoying.

Are you sure? My dad plays on his PC at home and uses his account to connect to one of my PCs when he comes over. We had zero problem and we've been playing together for a long time now.

Other than that, I hope that the HotS launch goes smoothly because I will (hopefully) receive our copies from BestBuy tomorrow and we plan on playing this. I'll make sure that the game is fully updated on both PCs because sometimes it's annoying to watch the optimization and download processes when you want to play.

Kunan

Going to pick mine up tomorrow I guess since I've tried 5 times to buy it with 2 different credit cards and paypal, and Blizz denied all of them. Never had a problem with their store before. Put a request in for help and no response still 4 days later.

BigAT

wow, just found out that I'll be heading to a meeting that will be going on for 3 hours... I'll be late for HotS ... fml T_T I want to cry

What happened to this guy?

this game fucking sucks big fat testicles

Cancelled pre-order of Heart of my Dicks because it's a horrible game made by horrible developers.

Why pay for shit?

Why should I chill? Millions will buy this and it's a god awful product. I'm doing my best to make sure at least one or two people won't be buying this turd. It truly is horrible in every way, shape and form - along with WoL which is starting to rank as one of the worst RTS games in history. I'm not even kidding.

No. The only really good thing about SC2 and it's trilogy of shit will be its community - like it's always been. The rest is gutter trash.

Moff

just played the first 2 missions with mr colas trick, thanks for that

a little disappointed with the game so far.
I dont know why they have no realtime cutscenes anymore but low res prerendered ones now, I really hate that in pc games and that blizzard least of all did that is really disappointing.

missions seem to feature unique elements again that make them special and memorable, like in WoL. but I havent seen any of great mission briefings from WoL, yet. I hope they'll come.

apart from that, I really dont like the story. And I am one of the few who didnt hate WoLs story.
spoiler for WoL and the first 2 HotS missions:
It was clear from WoLs ending, but I guess we have to accept now that raynor and kerrigan are the universes most in love couple, I can live with that, otherwise I would not have been excited for HotS at all, but that jim is now kerrigans main motivation besides her unexplained hunger to kill mengsk is really just annoying. I hope she will end up to be the badass character she is, with an own agenda.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
just played the first 2 missions with mr colas trick, thanks for that

a little disappointed with the game so far.
I dont know why they have no realtime cutscenes anymore but low res prerendered ones now, I really hate that in pc games and that blizzard least of all did that is really disappointing.

missions seem to feature unique elements again that make them special and memorable, like in WoL. but I havent seen any of great mission briefings from WoL, yet. I hope they'll come.

apart from that, I really dont like the story. And I am one of the few who didnt hate WoLs story.
spoiler for WoL and the first 2 HotS missions:
It was clear from WoLs ending, but I guess we have to accept now that raynor and kerrigan are the universes most in love couple, I can live with that, otherwise I would not have been excited for HotS at all, but that jim is now kerrigans main motivation besides her unexplained hunger to kill mengsk is really just annoying. I hope she will end up to be the badass character she is, with an own agenda.

I actually liked the ingame cutscenes in WoL, are you telling me its not like that in HotS? Dammit.

And lol at Yoshi. This guy can be super happy about a game in one post, and super angry in the next. He has no control on himself.

Harlock

Blizzard should do more work promoting monobattles. Most people can´t play the 1v1 multiplayer, even in bronze level. But monobattles are much more easier.

Paches

Blizzard should do more work promoting monobattles. Most people can´t play the 1v1 multiplayer, even in bronze level. But monobattles are much more easier.

I would actually love to see a % breakdown of how many people are in each league.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Most of us believe he has some kind of condition.

He doesn't eat, sleep, or drink. The only way his body can obtain energy and sustenance is from the pure power of utter disappointment. The yoshi hype machine/hate-crash paradigm exists because it has to. He would die without it.

Maybe I will give the ladder another shot. Man, the nervous energy that built up when the timer start ticking down after an opponent was found was intense. It's awesome and overly stressful at the same time.

Paches

Maybe I will give the ladder another shot. Man, the nervous energy that built up when the timer start ticking down after an opponent was found was intense. It's awesome and overly stressful at the same time.

I have found playing random on the Unranked matchmaking a ton of fun. You get to try a lot more strategies without the anxiety of feeling like you have to win or face disappointment.

In Germany right now.. i bought the game directly via battle.net so do i have do download something once it goes live or will my wol launcher update itself and i have to do nothing?

Thx

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
In Germany right now.. i bought the game directly via battle.net so do i have do download something once it goes live or will my wol launcher update itself and i have to do nothing?

Thx

Should be automatic from your current SC2/WoL client.

fatty

Keep with it as that feeling of nervousness will go away. Playing SC2 1v1 is a great feeling. I haven't ever played a game this consistently from when it was released since Street Fighter 2 came out in the arcade.

antitrop

I just logged in to Battle.net for the first time in months and I had to delete 58 friend requests from Diablo III AH/Gold spammers. :(

bill0527

I am such an awful fucking RTS player. For 15 years I have wanted to at least be competent in this genre, and for 15 years and I haven't even gotten out of the noob stage.

I am great at strategy board games board games like Risk, and Stratego. Nobody wants to play me. I make people in my family cry in humiliation after they get trounced.

I don't know what it is about this genre that I just can't grasp. I don't know if its UI manipulation, trying to memorize all the hot keys or, something else. I just can't get it.

But I am going to give it another shot. I actually got a strategy guide and see if I can get through the Starcraft II Terran campaign before moving on to HoTS.

FluxWaveZ

Are strategy guides even useful when it comes to a game like SCII where the metagame and strategies utilized dynamically changes?

Moff

I actually liked the ingame cutscenes in WoL, are you telling me its not like that in HotS? Dammit.
imagine the real-time cutscenes from WoL and pre-render them in a low resolution and you get the HotS cutscenes, a shame really.

Top Bottom