• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starlight Gold GAMECUBE NINTENDO in Japan

olimario

Banned
New GameCube Color: Starlight Gold
Japan's Toys R Us gets the exclusive.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/531/531935p1.html

July 20, 2004 - A new GameCube color has just arrived to Japan. The Japanese arm of Toys R Us has exclusive rights to a "Starlight Gold" version of the GameCube system. This special system, available now, is priced at 13,799 yen and includes the system, controller and AC adapter.

The product is targeted at ages 10 and up, so make sure you're old enough (and a resident of Japan) before ordering.

As with most special colored systems, this color will likely remain a Japan-only product.

new-gamecube-color-starlight-gold-20040720094741717.jpg

Should have waited until Zelda GCN released.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
olimario said:
Should have waited until Zelda GCN released.

Don't worry. I predict a holiday 2005 bundle w/ the new Zelda in the US. Or who knows, maybe they can squeeze in a holiday 2004 bundle with WW.

I'll keep my ultra-sexy platinum cube (or Plube as I like to call it) thank you. It might have been agonising waiting for it, particularly as a couple of months before was when the UK stores were going crazy with deals but I stuck it out and now everytime I look at my Cube it rewardingly caressess my eyes with loveliness.

I am a little disturbed by the affection I feel for this generation of Nintendo systems. My Cube and my SP are strangely loveable for non-plush inanimate objects. My NES GBA SP with its lovely classic style box is even more dear to me.

Tritroid

After 4 years since it's debut at Spaceworld, the gold Gamecube finally rears its head.

This was the color I wanted to get so badly at launch. Unfortunately Nintendo hates good colors.

cvxfreak

Any chance import joints might carry this thing? Its actually even cheaper than the traditional GameCube by like $2.

cvxfreak

Does anyone remember the Gold GBASP from the US TRU last year?

Maybe they'll do that again this Black Friday with a free copy of a Mario game.

metsallica said:
Am I the only person in the world who thinks Indigo is, now and forever, the best GameCube color? It's just so... unique.

YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE!! SO THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE WHEN DOVES CRY!!

Shompola

Banned
metsallica said:
Am I the only person in the world who thinks Indigo is, now and forever, the best GameCube color? It's just so... unique.

Hell yah. It rox. Also the GBC and GBA indigos rocked. My favorite is the GBC indigo still, but the GC one is a close second. Platinum IMO is just bleh. Black isn't bad.

hobbitx

I don't get why Nintendo doesn't just release nice multiple colors like this from the getgo with their systems. If they had platinum, gold, and other slick colored models at launch they never would have obtained that kiddy purple image. One of the coolest things that gave GBC's so much appeal was being able to choose a color you like, doing the same with a console would have rocked, especially with the way Nintendo designs their systems.

Belfast

hobbitx said:
I don't get why Nintendo doesn't just release nice multiple colors like this from the getgo with their systems. If they had platinum, gold, and other slick colored models at launch they never would have obtained that kiddy purple image. One of the coolest things that gave GBC's so much appeal was being able to choose a color you like, doing the same with a console would have rocked, especially with the way Nintendo designs their systems.

So they can goad people into buying more than one Gamecube down the line (see: people in this thread).

cvxfreak

DJ_Tet said:
Five gamecubes? I'm all for collecting but this seems overkill. You're kidding right?

I've never really collected anything in life. Well, Pokemon cards a few years ago but I'm beyond that. I have cousins who collect all sorts of $150 Jordan shoes, so I thought collecting different colored GameCubes would be an interesting, crazy and insane gaming hobby. I mainly aim to collect traditional GameCube colors. They're only $100 so its not that expensive. I'm crazy, but collectibly (not a word?) so.

DJ_Tet

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
I've never really collected anything in life. Well, Pokemon cards a few years ago but I'm beyond that. I have cousins who collect all sorts of $150 Jordan shoes, so I thought collecting different colored GameCubes would be an interesting, crazy and insane gaming hobby. I mainly aim to collect traditional GameCube colors. They're only $100 so its not that expensive. I'm crazy, but collectibly (not a word?) so.

I guess it's cool. Whatever makes you happy is what's important. I would collect something that I think is going up in value, and Gamecube would be pretty low in that list.

Top Bottom