• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Sorry man, I tried. ;(

I know, I know. Thank you anyway.

But hey, no prob, I'm alread full of games even after the Dark Souls debacle (guess what? there actually were like tons of never installed stuff hidden in my library. unbelievable, uh? :D )

FOX_

Neo Member
Apparently, there are insta-fail QTE in Max Payne 3, fuck you Rockstar!

Absolutely hated those. Stopped playing the game after the part where you have to protect Fabiana on the rooftop. I just missed my old Max Payne games too much. Rockstar essentially abandoned the traditional introspective noir approach that Remedy had so lovingly crafted, and instead opted for a tongue-in-cheek reflection on the image of Max Payne as an anti-hero. All of those terrible one-liners ("This was like Baghdad with G-strings") were part of Rockstar's attempt (intentional or not) to satirize the character.

So, in honor of Max, "dearest of all my friends", I stopped playing MP3 after about half an hour. For good.

MRORANGE

A big thank you to ToddHunter:

L8hKFoY.png

Got something to play this weekend :D

I would if I could, but it seems this game cannot run windowed.

Oh well, guess I'm gonna try the toolkit. :)
Ah, I didn't know that. The first eXceed game, right? I've only used to fix with the 3rd game to be honest, which can run windowed. It's listed as working with all of them though. I hope you can get it going.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Absolutely hated those. Stopped playing the game after the part where you have to protect Fabiana on the rooftop. I just missed my old Max Payne games too much. Rockstar essentially abandoned the traditional introspective noir approach that Remedy had so lovingly crafted, and instead opted for a tongue-in-cheek reflection on the image of Max Payne as an anti-hero. All of those terrible one-liners ("This was like Baghdad with G-strings") were part of Rockstar's attempt (intentional or not) to satirize the character.

So, in honor of Max, "dearest of all my friends", I stopped playing MP3 after about half an hour. For good.

Thanks for the impression. Was tempted to pick it up on next week's Amazon sale (game + season pass for $9.99) but now I'll probably just pass.

The_Monk

A big thank you to ToddHunter:

You got a nice DLC that will leave you wanting for even more TWD from a great GAFfer, in a great thread. You can't ask for better.

Make sure to post your impressions later on, always curious for TWD impressions, loved that game.

FOX_

Neo Member
I finished MP3... eventually...
GTA5 is this "satire" (hint: Rockstar, what you're doing isn't what you think you're doing) bullshit but even worse... so I sold my copy after a few hours.

Hmm, I've been holding out for the (eventual) PC port of GTA 5, and I've been having this existentialist crisis where I'm not sure whether or not I'll actually enjoy it as much as I expect to. I think what engaged me with previous GTA titles (esp. 4) was the narrative being compelling. That's pretty much why I didn't mind all the driving missions in GTA 4, since the story had momentum and rock-solid characters.

I failed one of those QTE's/scripted sequences in MP3, one where you're hanging upside down on a helicopter's landing rung and have to shoot down an rpg, because I thought it was still a cinematic. I laughed when it hit the Game Over screen.

Just played through Gone Home, the game pretty much feels like a good version of Dear Esther, really great way to spend 2 hours this evening

MRORANGE

You got a nice DLC that will leave you wanting for even more TWD from a great GAFfer, in a great thread. You can't ask for better.

Make sure to post your impressions later on, always curious for TWD impressions, loved that game.

Will do, need to clear the HDD to download the game for the weekend.

Turfster

Hmm, I've been holding out for the (eventual) PC port of GTA 5, and I've been having this existentialist crisis where I'm not sure whether or not I'll actually enjoy it as much as I expect to. I think what engaged me with previous GTA titles (esp. 4) was the narrative being compelling. That's pretty much why I didn't mind all the driving missions in GTA 4, since the story had momentum and rock-solid characters.

GTA5's story is bad and all over the place.
One moment you're a nigga nigga nigga homeboy dog nigga nigga super-stereotypical young black man trying to better himself with stupid homeboys and crackhead friends that are getting you into trouble, then you're a middle-aged ex-bank robber having problems with his stupid kids and wife... and when you finally get to do something fun with these characters, you're locked into a psychopath that has absolutely no redeeming qualities at all, that takes all agency away from you. (No, you will murder this random person that hasn't done anything to you for no reason at all after a cutscene, otherwise you don't get to play the game anymore!)
This was the point I'd finally had enough.

FOX_

Neo Member
I failed one of those QTE's in MP3, one where you're hanging upside down on a helicopter's landing rung and have to shoot down an rpg, because I thought it was still a cinematic. I laughed when it hit the Game Over screen.

Haha, that was the "jump the shark" moment for me in that game. I mean, MP's 1 and 2 were flashy and stylistic to the point of maybe pushing the boundaries of realism, but nothing this absurd. I actually failed that QTE because I thought that shooting the rpg would blow up the helicopter via splash damage, and I was waiting for an opportunity to jump the HELL out of the helicopter. Little did I know that logic was not welcome at that particular QTE party.

MNC

Papers Please is such an amazing game. Wish it would keep track of which endings I've unlocked so far though.

Copons

Ah, I didn't know that. The first eXceed game, right? I've only used to fix with the 3rd game to be honest, which can run windowed. It's listed as working with all of them though. I hope you can get it going.

Tried the fix, but it seems to work only occasionally, like in some game modes or sections, don't know.
Oh well, I'm going to fight my OCD and completely skip the first eXceed (also because lots of people are saying that's an amateurish product - and I'm noticing it myself :D ).

FOX_

Neo Member
Thanks for the impression. Was tempted to pick it up on next week's Amazon sale (game + season pass for $9.99) but now I'll probably just pass.

My pleasure! Just don't want anyone else to suffer through the 29 GB download and install, only to experience seizure-inducing cutscenes and shoddy characterization.

FOX_

Neo Member
GTA5's story is bad and all over the place.
One moment you're a nigga nigga nigga homeboy dog nigga nigga super-stereotypical young black man trying to better himself with stupid homeboys and crackhead friends that are getting you into trouble, then you're a middle-aged ex-bank robber having problems with his stupid kids and wife... and when you finally get to do something fun with these characters, you're locked into a psychopath that has absolutely no redeeming qualities at all, that takes all agency away from you. (No, you will murder this random person that hasn't done anything to you for no reason at all after a cutscene, otherwise you don't get to play the game anymore!)
This was the point I'd finally had enough.

Oh dear. :( I'd love to hear your impressions on GTA Online, though!

Kifimbo

Well, added these games to the calendar.

10/21/2013 - Skyscraper Simulator - Simulation - Layernet/Layernet - $14.99
10/21/2013 - Stronghold HD - Strategy/Simulation - Firefly Studios/Firefly Studios - $5.99
10/21/2013 - Stronghold Crusader HD - Strategy/Simulation - Firefly Studios/Firefly Studios - $9.99
10/21/2013 - Eldritch - RPG - Minor Key Games/Minor Key Games - $14.99
10/23/2013 - Space Engineers - Simulation - Keen Software/Keen Software - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

10/25/2013 - Edna & Harvey: The Breakout - Adventure - Daedalic Entertainment/Daedalic Entertainment - $XX.XX
10/31/2013 - Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 - FPS - Rebellion/Rebellion - $14.99
2013 - Earth 2150 Trilogy - Strategy - TopWare Interactive/Reality Pump Studios - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Hellraid - RPG - Techland/Techland - $XX.XX
2014 - Elegy for a Dead World - Adventure - Dejobaan/Dejobaan - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2014 - République - Stealth/Horror - Camouflaj/Camouflaj - $XX.XX

The first part of the calendar is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=86996728&postcount=16

Turfster

Oh dear. :( I'd love to hear your impressions on GTA Online, though!

Uh, "what GTA Online?" basically sums up its state at the moment I sold my copy last week. The character creator was a bizarre, uber-limited mess and all female characters you could make looked like men that had been in a car accident.

I haven't even gotten into one of the worst UIs I've ever encountered (you want to do anything in GTA online? have fun hunting through 5 different places the menu option could be, if it even exists), or the crappy music choices, or the fact that you can't restart a racing side mission without you know, getting out of the car and killing yourself because apparently nobody thought to add a restart mission option to a menu...

adaen

sirs steam profile level 20 and above:

worth the effort to go past 20? have booster pack drops noticeably increased?

I'm at 22 and get a booster pack maybe every 2-3 weeks. Don't know how it is with lower levels though as I was lvl 19 when they introduced the booster pack stuff.

Papers Please is such an amazing game. Wish it would keep track of which endings I've unlocked so far though.

I'm so happy with live in a time where games like Papers Please can be successful, the indie scene really is providing some of the most unique and best games in recent years

Reckoner

Steam blocked any purchase I make and says I will only be available to make other purchases by the 29th. Is there a way to contact support so they fix this? The issue is that I use a portuguese service called MBNet that creates virtual cards for each online purchase (multiple cards on the same account in a short period of time.)

MRORANGE

Steam blocked any purchase I make and says I will only be available to make other purchases by the 29th. Is there a way to contact support so they fix this? The issue is that I use a portuguese service called MBNet that creates virtual cards for each online purchase (multiple cards on the same account in a short period of time.)

It's worth a shot, but not sure how quick they will respond, if you think you might miss the sale, create an alt account and buy the games as gifts, when the ban has been lifted added the games to your account.

Li Kao

It's going to be the same game, free to play, etc but on Steam Correct? I might take a look, the game looks pretty and my friend want a game to co-op, I wonder if we can play it together.

As for the other question, I think I'm done with Knock Knock since, in order to get another ending I would need to restart the game all over. I try and do one quest here and there in Torchlight 2 and I might start playing Batman AA this weekend if I had the time. Seems like a great game to play with some coffee while it's a bit cold outside.

You know what Monk ? I really like the parallell you make between the seasons and some elements of games. It's not the first time you say something like it and, ok I'm OT as fuck here, but this seem like a fascinating subject. A thing that come back regularly in my mind these days, the link between something and one's feelings or well being.
But this is not the topic here and I will leave it at that. Interesting thoughts you gave me tought, thanks.

valouris

Does Rocksmith 2014 need that stupid proprietary cable again? Or can I use my much better cable and sound-card this time around, without having to resort to waiting for some talented chap writing a work-around again?

I wonder if I can recruit three SteamGAF bros to do a multi-player achievement for Half-Minute Hero.

Any takers for tonight some time?

Synchronized Slaying
Play a multiplayer match with 3 other friends.

The_Monk

How many times did you had to change your Credit Card until you got locked up? That is a great way to avoid the sales to be honest, but that's just for me and will only apply to this year regarding Steam Sales. I'm assuming you are using One Month MBNet cards? Why not use the One Year cards?

You know what Monk ? I really like the parallell you make between the seasons and some elements of games. It's not the first time you say something like it and, ok I'm OT as fuck here, but this seem like a fascinating subject. A thing that come back regularly in my mind these days, the link between something and one's feelings or well being.
But this is not the topic here and I will leave it at that. Interesting thoughts you gave me tought, thanks.

Thanks for you kind words fellow GAFfer! Feel free to drop me a PM any time you want to discuss that. Memories are part of what made me the person I am today and they are in everything we do, we see and... we play. I have fond memories from many games I played which is why I believe that gaming is great for your health, it can help you relax, it can teach you many things and above all it's a timeless hobby.

Reckoner

How many times did you had to change your Credit Card until you got locked up? That is a great way to avoid the sales to be honest, but that's just for me and will only apply to this year regarding Steam Sales. I'm assuming you are using One Month MBNet cards? Why not use the One Year cards?

I learned the lesson. I'm going to make an one year card. I think what made Steam block my account was that today it was giving me errors and I changed the payment method to paypal. I was able to buy Gone Home, but nothing more.

Knurek

Volgarr Devs reporting 96% piracy rate

I call bullshit on that, especially their saying that this is standard for PC games. Did 2,500,000 people get Stanley Parable off a torrent site? Are there really 500,000,000 people playing their pirated version of The Sims 2?

This feels like a PR stunt to me - gaming press will pick up on the story, and each article is a free advertisment, right?

The_Monk

I learned the lesson. I'm going to make an one year card. I think what made Steam block my account was that today it was giving me errors and I changed the payment method to paypal. I was able to buy Gone Home, but nothing more.

And what were those errors, do you remember? The last time I tried to use a One year card on a Humble Bundle it failed on me so I had to create another MBNet Card but if that happens on Steam and I need to change it I might have to wait just like you did. You will have to wait around one week now fellow GAFfer?

Is Gone Home still worth picking up even if you've had the ending spoiled?

If you know what you're getting into and are still intrigued by the game, I'd say you should still pick it up.

It's not like the story had mind-blowing twists or anything, but it would probably feel like a lesser experience without that initial sense of mystery.

All of Steam is down! Panic!
(don't, it's the maintenance window)

But my alt is idling for cards...

NOOOOO--

Nabs

Volgarr Devs reporting 96% piracy rate

I call bullshit on that, especially their saying that this is standard for PC games. Did 2,500,000 people get Stanley Parable off a torrent site? Are there really 500,000,000 people playing their pirated version of The Sims 2?

This feels like a PR stunt to me - gaming press will pick up on the story, and each article is a free advertisment, right?

I don't think they are saying the % is standard, just the concept of piracy on pc. It's probably especially high for a game with no demo and a rep for being too hard.

Usually a pub will use piracy as an excuse for being shitty towards their customers, but the Volgarr dudes are especially nice to theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom