• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What game is jase playing?

gtf3gGN.png

I call fake. Jase doesn't play games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Demonicon.

I'm fun at parties.

Ding ding ding! The app must still flagged as private. Grim Dawn's alpha is (or was) the same -- the game is displayed under your name in your friends list but nobody else can see it.

Edit: I should roll the dice on :weed: again and in doing so max out that Port Royale 3 badge.

Edit edit: I lost. :(

JaseC

I call fake. Jase doesn't play games.

Haha, I thought I'd try it out since I've been wanting to play a third-person ARPG after overdosing on Torchlight 2. In terms of production values, the game is what you'd expect from a lower-tier publisher like Kalypso (average graphics, basic animations, occasional grammatical mistakes and so on), and the combat system doesn't flow as well as the likes of, say, Kingdoms of Amalur, but the character upgrade system is a little deeper than I thought it'd be -- you have your typical primary stats like strength and agility, but each has two sub-stats, which are either passive (dependent upon its parent stat) or active (individually upgradeable); skill/talent and spell upgrades are handled similarly.

Eww Mandurah.

I don't actually live in Mandurah, it's just the closest option Valve offers. Part of me wishes I did, though, considering work on the NBN "commenced" here almost 14 months ago and yet there's nothing to show for it (thanks for nothing, Syntheo).

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ooh, Saints Row IV is half price. Anyone have any impressions on it now it's been out for a little while? I really enjoyed the third game if that helps.

Ooh, Saints Row IV is half price. Anyone have any impressions on it now it's been out for a little while? I really enjoyed the third game if that helps.
In terms of pure fun it's probably my game of the year. It's a superhero game though so just make sure you're willing to accept that

I loved SR3 and enjoyed SRIV but was a little bit underwhelmed. The orb collecting and some of the super powers get a bit old but there are some really amazing moments in the game.

If you're itching for a new game and will play it right away I would get it but if you've waited this long I'd hold out for a deeper discount during the winter sale.

I loved SR3 and enjoyed SRIV but was a little bit underwhelmed. The orb collecting and some of the super powers get a bit old but there are some really amazing moments in the game.

If you're itching for a new game and will play it right away I would get it but if you've waited this long I'd hold out for a deeper discount during the winter sale.
At least SR4 was fun, SR3 was a borefest.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Now where is Final Fantasy VIII?

ZR1KT9d.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Squeenix is still working on it, apparently. I wonder if the game will be temporarily exclusive to Squeenix's own store again or it'll launch both there and on Steam simultaneously.

Well if it's not on Steam when it's released, I can wait.

Final Fantasy VII on Steam has to go down as one of the best $10 purchases I've ever made.

kulapik

The humor in SR3 is throwing all the ridiculous stuff together, and hope that a certain combination would make people laugh.

The combat is bland, both in melee and shooting.

It may not make you laugh, but it has funny moments (although the ending's music made me laugh)

And yeah, in melee the combat is pretty crappy, but the shooting? Almost all TPS have the same mechanics, ffs.

Talking about TPS, it's not on Steam, but I've been playing Shadowgun Deadzone, not bad for killing time :p

It may not make you laugh, but it has funny moments (although the ending's music made me laugh)

And yeah, in melee the combat is pretty crappy, but the shooting? Almost all TPS have the same mechanics, ffs.

Talking about TPS, it's not on Steam, but I've been playing Shadowgun Deadzone, not bad for killing time :p
Sure the mechanics are familiar, but the execution is not. In SR3, all the guns lack the kick, and with the bullet sponge enemies, the guns feel far from powerful.

derExperte

I felt like breaking my analog sticks just getting the ghosts into traps.

Sounds realistic. :)

Can't remember if it was posted, so: Pinball Arcade is finally coming to Steam on Nov 1st.

From their newsletter:

You've been waiting for it.... and now, we're proud to announce that all Steam users will be able to purchase Pinball Arcade for themselves on November 1st, 2013! Table packs 1 through 18 will be abailable at launch.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I've been playing Darksiders 2 recently, having bought it in the THQ bundle. I think that's how I got it anyway.

Terrible realization while playing, thinking to myself "I really like the voice actors in this. Hmm, good voice actors, moody gothic atmosphere, 3D adventure with lots of puzzles, troubled development history and questionable future...Why does this seem so familiar? Oh god dammit, this is exactly like Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver."

Simon Templeman even voices a character in it.

Dr Dogg

I've been playing Darksiders 2 recently, having bought it in the THQ bundle. I think that's how I got it anyway.

Terrible realization while playing, thinking to myself "I really like the voice actors in this. Hmm, good voice actors, moody gothic atmosphere, 3D adventure with lots of puzzles, troubled development history and questionable future...Why does this seem so familiar? Oh god dammit, this is exactly like Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver."

Simon Templeman even voices a character in it.

If Soul Reaver was stretched out to 20 hours in length and had a frustrating loot system. Later on they even share a like for like game mechanic. I liked Darksiders II, more so than the first but boy did I feel this game had some needless baggage.

If Soul Reaver was stretched out to 20 hours in length and had a frustrating loot system. Later on they even share a like for like game mechanic. I liked Darksiders II, more so than the first but boy did I feel this game had some needless baggage.

Heh, that was pretty much my experience. I was enjoying it, but was starting to wonder how much longer I had left. I looked it up and bailed out. I wasn't even a quarter of the way through it!

Dr Dogg

Heh, that was pretty much my experience. I was enjoying it, but was starting to wonder how much longer I had left. I looked it up and bailed out. I wasn't even a quarter of the way through it!

I think I'm being a little harsh on the loot system. It's well done, has a good variety of drops and doesn't have much of an overpowered crutch (though you could twink your mates via the Dragon Tomes). Plus the possessed weapons were a great way to power up weapons you liked and get rid of your junk in a meaningful way.

Just that none of this belonged in an action platformer.

Anyway I'm going to wind you lot up and get back to Dark Souls II beta. Toodles!

zkylon

zkylewd

it's pretty decent in that it's funny and dumb and you have super powers like in prototype that let you jump over buildings like an idiot while wrecking shit. much like sr3 there's a lot of filler content for you to choke on if you're into the ubisoft blueprint of designing games, and I personally had fun doing it to get most of the achievements, but in the end I found it a lot less charming than sr3.

also I think they're driving themselves to a corner because as fun as they are I'm kinda not interested in super powers anymore for the next saints row and I don't think superhero game is the idea behind the series either. I personally enjoyed more the subversive crazy and funny shit in what was otherwise a pretty standard gta clone, they can improve the game mechanically, but I found things funnier then

Now where is Final Fantasy VIII?

ZR1KT9d.png
did you get the secret achievement for
reviving aeris
??!?

derExperte

$10 base game, $5 per pack? Not bad, better than Pinball FX2 :p

Depends, some high profile tables like T2 are 4,99 (more if you want the Pro version) alone and the quality of the packs is more hit and miss as they include some very old tables that are only interesting for historical reasons imo.

JaseC

I think I'm being a little harsh on the loot system. It's well done, has a good variety of drops and doesn't have much of an overpowered crutch (though you could twink your mates via the Dragon Tomes). Plus the possessed weapons were a great way to power up weapons you liked and get rid of your junk in a meaningful way.

Just that none of this belonged in an action platformer.

Anyway I'm going to wind you lot up and get back to Dark Souls II beta. Toodles!

The loot system was severely compromised by the possessed weapon concept: most of what you find is worthless by design as you're encouraged to use it as weapon food.

Dr Dogg

The loot system was severely compromised by the possessed weapon concept: most of what you find is worthless by design as you're encouraged to use it as weapon food.

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's like a chicken and the egg conundrum. Did someone come up with the idea of Possessed Weapons first and then realised a lot of junk had to be put in to make it work or vise versa. Either way it made all the promo and preorder dlc and unique items worthless. Plus having a 5 level cap was a right pain as well.

JaseC

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's like a chicken and the egg conundrum. Did someone come up with the idea of Possessed Weapons first and then realised a lot of junk had to be put in to make it work or vise versa. Either way it made all the promo and preorder dlc and unique items worthless. Plus having a 5 level cap was a right pain as well.

The developers seemed rather proud of the system in interviews, so I'd guess it came first and the realisation that it almost completely dulled the loot system didn't come until it was too late... or at all. :p

Milamber

2 days before Deadly Premonition's unlock and still no cheaper deal, that doesn't involve keys. Once it hits final 24 hours, I will buy it.

Same for NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst Super Ultra Extended Deluxe Edition. This is gonna be my first Naruto game. Never did play the ones on the PS3. Does this game start at the very beginning?

The_Monk

Can't wait for the day to play in more decent settings. Hoping that day is coming closer and closer by now, can't wait! :)

Either wait, installed Risen to get some cards (I actually want to play Risen 2 some day) and started listening that Menu music... How is that not the Fallout theme?

Anyone else thinking about getting a PS4 controller day one for their PC?

Stupid Microsoft, I would gladly buy the Xbox One controller if it had PC support from day one.

Addnan

Stupid Microsoft, I would gladly buy the Xbox One controller if it had PC support from day one.
I'm going to have a PS4 so I guess I will be trying it on the PC. I really don't like having to use an xinput wrapper. Some games mess up, some driving games the camera goes all broken.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

It does, doesn't it?

Aren't there reports that the USB cable transfers data on both controllers this time around, so both Wireless controllers become wired once you attach a USB cable, and since it's DirectX for Microsoft, it just works? I remember reading something along these lines...

Dr Dogg

I was but Direct Input is a bit of a killer as I've got a super comfortable DI one any how. Besides...

No I'm making this POS 360 pad last till the Steamtroller is released.

Yep doing the same. I might have to adjust the deadzone in my knackered left stick but I can wait for The Owl. Well as long as it's not on Valve time then I might crack.

JaseC

It does, doesn't it?

Aren't there reports that the USB cable transfers data on both controllers this time around, so both Wireless controllers become wired once you attach a USB cable, and since it's DirectX for Microsoft, it just works? I remember reading something along these lines...

Windows will detect the controller automatically and it supports "basic functions", but you'll still need an X-input wrapper for games.

The_Monk

I would love to but I got myself a 360 Controller this year (in January) so I can't justify spending extra money on another controller if this one is brand new. I still hope to get a PS4 (that will come with a controller and I may try it on PC) on day One but only if I can get for 20€ (store credit).

Tecl0n

Same for NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst Super Ultra Extended Deluxe Edition. This is gonna be my first Naruto game. Never did play the ones on the PS3. Does this game start at the very beginning?

No it doesn't, hell it starts after what's often considered the best part of part 2 which is a mess in its entirety. But, CC2 excels at cutscene making, and even with the ,terrible ,terrible, OH SO TERRIBLE WHY DO I KEEP UP WITH THIS SHIT script the story is presented beautifully and the boss fights are in another level altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom