• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

rohlfinator said:
Yeah, I meant what's available to you without buying any microtransactions.

The 100 energy per day seems like it'll put a huge damper on how much you can play, and some of the late-game stuff looks like it would be nearly impossible without buying more energy. 3-star items cost 200 energy to craft, so just to do that you'd have to buy an energy pack from the auction house and use your full day's energy, and that just gets you one item. And then the highest level stuff takes 800 energy to craft.

Maybe once you get deeper into the game it's easier to get money, but right now the prospect of buying energy with in-game money seems really expensive to me. I expect to hit a wall at some point where it'll take like, a month of playing in order to earn the money/materials to do anything.

I've had a chance to play all the way to Tier 3 stuff. It does get easier to make money, much easier, especially when you get lucky wit finding blueprints in the store during dungeon runs and crafting stuff for people. But the game itself gets a bit slow when the dungeons start looking to same (art-style, not the layout) and you end up spending a ton of energy reviving and etc.

So it does get easier, but I started to find the game boring. Energy really isn't a problem when you can buy it (but back in my day it was worth 25.k compared to 5.5k nowadays).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Pandoracell said:
Would there be a reason we couldn't? I haven't sent money over paypal in over five years, and I assumed people used the gift option when doing four packs here.
I'm from Brazil and I can't Gift send money to most people. I could I think ONCE, a long ass time ago. Can't anymore.

Sanic

Ok, so that's three. I'm going to bed now, but tomorrow morning EDT I can pay, or if two more people want to do it in the meantime than someone can just feel free to take my spot.

I'm gonna buy a pack right now.

Anyone who wants a piece of the action shoot me a PM and I'll give you my paypal infos.

Pandoracell said:
Alright, so:

1.) Pandoracell
2.) MotorbreathX
3.) parasight
4.) toasty_T (host)

Symphonic

jling84 said:
I dont think steam would start their big sale on the same day gog starts theirs would they?

No reason not to.

Was there a confirmation of a summer sale? Everyone acts like it's a sure thing this year.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
jling84 said:
I dont think steam would start their big sale on the same day gog starts theirs would they?

GOG - monday aka tomorrow

Steam - friday aka 5 days from now

or so we speculate, only the GOG sale is a sure thing

Smash88

Banned
We need LovingSteam to give us some insider info, whether there is a summer sale or not. :/

Anyways, I deleted the nProtect garbage manually.

Following this guide:

Linky!

It was consistent with other articles that offered the same advice. Deleted it all, and everything is good to go.

Also what a piece of garbage Alliance of Valiant Arms is, don't let the pretty graphics fool you.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Smash88 said:
We need LovingSteam to give us some insider info, whether there is a summer sale or not. :/

he's already defected to EA Origin so it's just a waiting game now

whatever, I'm not opposed to a big summer sale but I already have plenty to play and buy @ other websites

gdt

Beat Singularity, really enjoyed it.

Now, does "Delete Local Game Content" mean to uninstall? That's what I'm looking to do right now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
gdt5016 said:
Now, does "Delete Local Game Content" mean to uninstall? That's what I'm looking to do right now.

It will definitely uninstall, but you might lose your saves as well unless you copy/paste them into a separate folder before the process.

gdt5016 said:
Beat Singularity, really enjoyed it.

Yep. And you can reinstall any time you feel like it. Steam does it right.

I've had 3 BSODs tonight, but to be fair I can't tell if that's nProtect fucking something up, or Chrome updating earlier tonight.

Smash88 said:

Anyways, I deleted the nProtect garbage manually.

Following this guide:

Linky!

It was consistent with other articles that offered the same advice. Deleted it all, and everything is good to go.

Also what a piece of garbage Alliance of Valiant Arms is, don't let the pretty graphics fool you.

Already had done step 1 and 2, and did some minor registry cleaning and turned off the service, but I knew there had to be more than that. Thanks indeed. And thanks again to LocoMrPollock for suggesting the utility. Didn't have the nerve to try it, sometimes it's better to just manually scrub if you can.

Edit: Word of warning, I found not only npggsvc under the unnumbered CurrentControlSet/Services in the registry, but a second copy under CurrentControlSet002/Services as well.

Smash88

Banned
Snuggler said:
he's already defected to EA Origin so it's just a waiting game now

whatever, I'm not opposed to a big summer sale but I already have plenty to play and buy @ other websites

Not sure if serious...

summer steam sale incoming...
1187046204871.png

IrishNinja

crap, hadnt even thought about the possibility of not having a summer sale. were there any precursors last year? i know lovingsteam had info, but before it started? was there any server downtime, etc?

Polk

I cannot wait for summer sale so people could stop asking for it.
It got ridiculous, like anyone aside Valve themselves know anything sure about it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Polk said:
I cannot wait for summer sale so people could stop asking for it.
It got ridiculous, like anyone aside Valve themselves know anything sure about it.

Yeah, I'm sure the publishers behind the games that are to go on sale (assuming there actually is an upcoming sale) know nothing of it. :p

vocab

I wish I could say I'm ready for the sale, but I already own pretty much everything I want. I will only snag dirt cheap bundles.

Fredescu

Red means video recording is in progress right? That will put a dent in the framerate. The one yellow one is 26 though which is pretty low.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The_Player said:
Haha, never noticed that screenshots in X3: Terrain Conflict has a FRAPS' overlay in it. And FPS is pretty low.

Yeah, kinda funny to see that on it's Steam page. I guess only a few care about this game.

I bought it on a whim even though it's probably too complicated for a simpleton like me.

Also, thanks for inspiring me to fire up X3 again and get completely lost and confused. I can't remember how to park my ship at a station. I ended up flying around for awhile and then crashing into something. :(

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snuggler/screenshots/ took a few nice shots, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom