• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitive edition? :p dunno

That's what I thought, but it makes no sense... TLoU isn't multiplatform and I can't notice the difference when looking at the GIF at this point in time.

Quote this post to get a humble URL to redeem for Alpha Prime.
I couldn't register it via Modbot because it wouldn't nuke the key... so please let me know if you took it -- it should still be good. Thanks.

Acccent

woooooohoooo new thread.

I'm taking advantage of the first batch of probably-not-very-constructive content to ask you, fellow steamgaffers, whether I should revert back to my old avatar (after all, real pic jan is almost over)...

iGxGDQH8MAI5v.png

...or actually keep this one (a not-terrible picture of me which I'm actually kinda ok with, a rare thing)?

image.php

whaddya think.
I'm asking here because that's where I spend 98% of my gaf time, but if it's inadequate, mods, my apologies

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Just in time for Dark Souls II, Namco Bandai will rename itself to Bandai Namco (it's name in Japan, it saves money on having duplicate business cards).

46 days away.

woooooohoooo new thread.

I'm taking advantage of the first batch of probably-not-very-constructive content to ask you, fellow steamgaffers, whether I should revert back to my old avatar (after all, real pic jan is almost over)...

iGxGDQH8MAI5v.png

...or actually keep this one (a not-terrible picture of me which I'm actually kinda ok with, a rare thing)?

image.php

whaddya think.
I'm asking here because that's where I spend 98% of my gaf time, but if it's inadequate, mods, my apologies

As much as I like the bug in amber that confuses me so I think it's an alien man with a stick or something equally weird, that is a nice picture of you and does stand out well enough as an avatar.

That's what I thought, but it makes no sense... TLoU isn't multiplatform and I can't notice the difference when looking at the GIF at this point in time.

Watch this space for a giveaway.

In this context I don't think that matters as much as the banderas.gif emulation. Probably could have posted the real deal, but the Joel one has been rather popular. My guess.

Here's another giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thief Deadly Shadows -- MB-24AAB5E76C4192F0 - Taken by Tellaerin. 19 entrants total.
Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-89D91DD99B55959E - Taken by fantomena. 9 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-8E828CF005F03801 - Taken by Shepard. 6 entrants total.

t1390616774z1.png

Hey Orange, since you put the streaming thread in the OP, then I suggest maybe putting this one in too? I realize a lot of gaffers aren't involved, but if people just want to read some impressions, it's there. It's not just the testers anymore, but I'm putting in dev impressions too if I find any, and I'm going to wait and see how the YT channel situation pans out. Things might speed up finally.

Grief.exe

Have a couple Reddit threads up if you wish to join in on the discussion there

r/PCgaming

r/PCmasterrace

PC Gamers Assemble!

newsteam-assemble-gif.gif

Let's come together as a community and show Sega that the demand for Bayo, Vanquish, VF5, Valkyria Chronicles, and more is there.

Petition
GAF Thread
Retweet to spread the word

I've still never played RE4 -__-

I haven't played it since the PS2 release, past time I play it again.

woooooohoooo new thread.

iGxGDQH8MAI5v.png

image.php

whaddya think.

I'm used to you using the top one there, so it would be less confusing for me personally.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they should have called it RE4 Definitive Edition

Tellaerin

woooooohoooo new thread.

iGxGDQH8MAI5v.png

image.php

whaddya think.

For some reason I always thought of your old avatar as Charon the boatman rowing across the Styx. I had no idea that it was supposed to be an insect in amber until KenOD posted just now. ^^;

Both avatars are neat, and I associate both with you at this point, which is what matters. I get a nice mellow vibe from the photo of you - it gives a pleasant, laid-back impression - so if you're happy with it, I'd say to stick with that one.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ibfAIqPLSNHVLO.png

I'll use this when I inevitably get the game for cheap on summer or winter sale or win it in here.

MRORANGE

Hey Orange, since you put the streaming thread in the OP, then I suggest maybe putting this one in too? I realize a lot of gaffers aren't involved, but if people just want to read some impressions, it's there. It's not just the testers anymore, but I'm putting in dev impressions too if I find any, and I'm going to wait and see how the YT channel situation pans out. Things might speed up finally.

Done.

Phinor

Just in time for Dark Souls II, Namco Bandai will rename itself to Bandai Namco (it's name in Japan, it saves money on having duplicate business cards).

46 days away.

We need PC date asap. Whether it's few weeks or months after the console versions, a specific release date would help with the wait.

Dark Souls itself seems to be doing better than ever on PC. According to steamcharts, it is averaging much higher player counts than ever before.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I spent 2 minutes making this for you guys. The effort of googling the images and putting them on photoshop and edit the logo a bit. So much effort. LOL

But it's already $14.99 on Gamefly when you use the coupon code GFDJAN25

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-resident-evil-4-hd/5007385

Cant spend money til summer. Laptop payments and upcoming trip would be in danger if I continue getting games. Otherwise I would have bought it without hesitation. :/

Grief.exe

We need PC date asap. Whether it's few weeks or months after the console versions, a specific release date would help with the wait.

Dark Souls itself seems to be doing better than ever on PC. According to steamcharts, it is averaging much higher player counts than ever before.

From said it would be 2-3 weeks after the console release date, so likely still within March.

The only thing to disprove that would be the Amazon de date a few months out. Retailers do things like that just to cover their ass in case of delay.

Acccent

As much as I like the bug in amber that confuses me so I think it's an alien man with a stick or something equally weird, that is a nice picture of you and does stand out well enough as an avatar.
I'm used to you using the top one there, so it would be less confusing for me personally.
For some reason I always thought of your old avatar as Charon the boatman rowing across the Styx. I had no idea that it was supposed to be an insect in amber until KenOD posted just now. ^^;

Both avatars are neat, and I associate both with you at this point, which is what matters. I get a nice mellow vibe from the photo of you - it gives a pleasant, laid-back impression - so if you're happy with it, I'd say to stick with that one.
Well actually the insect picture is named Charon on my PC, and I like it because it looks like a man with a stick walking in the fog but then has 4 arms?!
But, people rarely get it, I guess it doesn't really work in such a small format (we had a discussion about it in the thread last year and people only realized what it really was after I posted a larger version.)

So I guess I'll keep using my face for a little while longer then since it's so mellow! Grief you'll just have to get used to it :D Like we got used to your own cool-attitude headphone-sporting glare of judgment! You always look so... leery... do you not believe ;_;

New Thread, New Raffle
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

LA Noire -- MB-65272EB880E336D6 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 12 entrants total.

t1390608894z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom