• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

It would be surprising for Capcom to not release Okami on PC considering their prevalent strategy.

The likely reason it's not reflected in the rumor is the port isn't taking place in house.

It would be surprising for Capcom to not release Okami on PC considering their prevalent strategy.

The likely reason it's not reflected in the rumor is the port isn't taking place in house.

The likely reason it's not reflected in the rumor is that the rumor is based on a retailer listing, so physical copies.

Jawmuncher

If Okami HD doesn't come to PC, I'll hold you responsible for this Jawmuncher. And I'll actively sabotage any chance for Dino Crisis to ever get a release, except for mobile and as a PSX emulated game.

just-to-suffer-why-arw4j8g.png

If Okami were to come to everything but PC, it'd be the ultimate case of dragging everyone with me.

-----

I'd be REALLY surprised for Okami to get another physical release. When they were too scared to even put in the work for Code Veronica.

FLD

I'd be down for Okami HD on Steam. It's one of the like... 3 games I still need to play on PS3. And I don't even remember what the others are. If it turns out to be true, that might be the push I need to finally unplug my PS3 for good. It's been doing nothing but collecting dust on my desk for like 2 years at this point, anyway.

I'm kinda out of the loop. What are the highlights?
Prey is one the best games of this generation. There is also some good anime games if you into this. And there is PUBG if you're love online stuff. Not to mention some console exclusives for people who have enough time to bother with consoles these days. Basically, there is great stuff for almost every audience

Grief.exe

The likely reason it's not reflected in the rumor is that the rumor is based on a retailer listing, so physical copies.

Oof, those are generally flimsy ground to stand on as far as rumors go.

Though Capcom would naturally target Okami as they have been looking for lower risk HD ports.

I never managed to get into Okami. Talks of it being really easy and long, coupled with the annoying voices and the initial slow pace made me stay away from it.

That said, good if they actually port it to modern platforms. Hopefully God Hand will receive the same treatment.

GamesPlanet's summer sale has started, Lords of Shadow is at its lowest historical price there at 4.39€. Worth?

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/cas...w-ultimate-edition-steam-key--2931-1?ref=itad

They're actually doing daily deals. LoS might be not be one of them, but it might be worth waiting a little bit for a higher discount.

gelf

I'd give Okami another go if they make the text fast to skip and it's easy to mod out the terrible sound of the thing that speaks to you all the time. I don't even remember what it was but it made me drop the game before it ever really started on Wii.

Tizoc

first Street Fighter Collection with SF Alpha2 and 3rd Strike and then Okami on PC?

yes please

i can't wait for gamescom announcements

At this point wqhat games will be in the SF Collection are anyone's guess, but the earliest we can see it get announced is during Gamescom which is in less than 2 weeks' time.

Ganyc

At this point wqhat games will be in the SF Collection are anyone's guess, but the earliest we can see it get announced is during Gamescom which is in less than 2 weeks' time.

my guess:
USF2
Alpha 2 (or the whole Alpha collection)
3rd Strike

Bonus: SF1 ^^

this would be a nice anniversary collection. But honestly, i don't expect Alpha at all (3rd Strike however...)

Trails in the Sky the 3rd is probably the best game I've played this year easily.

i think i'll play Cold Steel before i'll play the 3rd (maybe with the undub mod)

Tonton

Actually, speaking of Ys VIII does anyone know if NISA said something about the Silver Armor DLC on PC? I think they're offering it as a pre-order bonus but there's no Pre order on PC yet
Will we be able to just buy it?

I need it

prudislav

2 delays :-(

Videoupdate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCduSfzRS2g
tl;dw
Beta 3 is out now in Early Alpha Access
  • Has a boss
  • Has a basement
  • Reworked Fear rooms
  • Stability is good
  • AI navigates ladders
  • Contains only about 40% of the game
Alpha 2 is free for everyone
  • Downloadable from HelloNeighborGame.com
  • Everyone who downloaded previous alphas have a link in their inbox
Release date changed to December 8
  • 100% our fault for poor planning of QA (we didn't plan for enough of it)
  • Engine upgrade and move to release code caused a nightmare of stability issues as witnessed in previous betas
  • Decided to delay instead of cutting / splicing features or releasing a buggy game
  • beta is about 40% of content compared to full

Hi everyone,

As you may remember, the original release estimate listed in our Kickstarter campaign was for delivery of the BATTLETECH Base Skirmish Game. With each additional Funding Stage unlocked - Single-Player Story Campaign, Expanded Mercenary Campaign, and PVP Multiplayer - more time and team members were added for the additional work.

We'd previously been projecting a late 2017 release but now that we've revised our AI & combat mechanics in reaction to your feedback, completed a thorough review of the work remaining on the game, and are poised to release the Multiplayer Backer Beta update, all indications are that Paradox & HBS will release BATTLETECH in early 2018.

Throughout development, the message we've received has been clear, ”Don't rush it, just make it great." and we have taken that to heart. All of us - HBS, Paradox, and our Backers - share a deeply personal attachment to this project and we are committed to delivering a game that not only meets your high expectations but introduces BattleTech to a new generation of players.

With that said, I'm happy to report that solid progress continues across the project! We are now able to play the open-ended mercenary campaign ”loop" and I have to say that when you're counting your C-bills and caring about your MechWarriors' health and survival, you approach combat missions differently which imbues every turn with a ton of dramatic tension. And the upcoming upgrade to our AI is going to make you think hard about how you engage the enemy!

As Mitch mentioned in our last update, we've made a ton of progress on all the component pieces of the game and this phase of development is all about bringing them together - the core combat game, the mercenary simulation aboard the Argo, the single-player story and cinematics, the open-ended mercenary mission system, the ‘Mech customization system... it's a lot of stuff and it's exciting to see it all getting stitched together and ”upleveled" with art, audio, UI, and writing.

It really is an exciting time on the project and I can't wait to share it with you when it's finally done. Thanks again for all your support!

Jordan

Anteater

yo hellblade looks insane =o

gonna spoiler it just in case, but it's really just different areas

And so do I. I played it briefly on my Wii and it looked so good. If we get a PC port, I'll finally play it from start to finish.

the game looked so pretty on the ps3 with all the textures upgrade, man if they port it this time in 60fps tho

Ascheroth

are there many the 3rd references in Cold Steel?
It's mostly just small nods here and there and there are a few things in Cold Steel where you can speculate a little based on 3rd knowledge.

It's nothing terribly huge, but those little things have increased my enjoyment quite a bit.
And the 3rd is an awesome game on its own anyway.

I'm not done with Cold Steel yet, btw.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The BATTLETECH delay is disappointing but not surprising. Adding Mulitplayer as a strech goal seemed dubious to me from the start, but I'll accept it if it means the rest of the game continues to receive polish.

BUT the other stuff they are putting out (update to the Backer Beta test) looks like they are very much listening to feedback and taking it seriously. They're incorporating lots of the changes that I personally submitted (and I'm sure many others submitted the same ideas as well). I was especially pleased to see them working out a way to tell if you you'd have LOS to a mech after a move that you are currently planning but haven't executed yet. That was my biggest complaint by far. It made targeting guesswork and when trying to maneuver you'd end up wanting to stand still because you'd KNOW you can keep the LOS you have rather than risk losing by taking that extra step or two into the heavier cover.

The changes to water and stability are also good. I'm very excited to eventually get my hands on the 1v1 PvP skirmish.

Cth

Hrm, never played Okami before. Here's hoping.

Finally had a chance to play Downwell this week too.

Anyone know of any deals on No Man's Sky for PC? I still have my PS4 version but I was hoping the mod community can do some interesting things with the latest version.

iiicon

I saw some reviews hitting for Pillars of the Earth and just assumed it came out today. It's tomorrow, which is a little disappointing because I have the afternoon off and would've played it right away. Oh well.

I still have a hard time processing that Pillars of the Earth is now an adventure game, but considering how many times this book and its sequels have been adapted for various mediums I probably shouldn't be. It's been years since I read the book, and I never read any of the sequels, so maybe this game will motivate me to pick up that copy of World Without End that has been sitting on my bookshelf for years.

Any word on pricing model for the game/episodes? Nothing on Steam atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom