• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sales 2013 Hidden Deals

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dusk Golem

These are highly recommended. Some of these may still get a little cheaper (primarily Call of Juarez and Sonic Racing), but all of the following were some of the most fun I had for the past two years:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light --- 60% off, currently € 3,99
Great title, and fantastic when played co-operatively (with redesigned elements to suit two players). Too bad Square-Enix spat on a well-designed game it by cancelling any pending sequel plans thanks to Tomb Raider, so I'll never let that shitty run-of-the-mill reboot live that down.

Critter Crunch --- 70% off, currently € 1,79 (trailer)
Capybara's first game, but it's still holds up well and is stupid fun.

Super House of Dead Ninja's --- 50% off, currently € 2,99
A fast-paced Spelunky (sort of) with wonderfully old-school audio design. The DLC pack (new toys to play around with, higher difficulty, more enemies, ...) is worth it too.

Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe --- 50% off, currently € 3,99
A simple platformer where you control a dude to shoot blocks for combo chains. Another good pick-up from Adult Swim Games.

Nimbus --- 75% off, currently € 2,49
Easy to understand conceptually, but very soothing yet as challenging as you want it to be with tight controls.

Skydrift --- 66% off, currently € 3,39
A flight racer. Light on content unfortunately, but it's a graphically nice game with some design choices (the Blur-esque weapon 'n boost system for instance) that bigger-budget racing games could learn from.

Teleglitch --- 50% off, currently € 6,49 (trailer)
Brutal.

Stealth Bastard Deluxe --- 75% off, currently € 2,24
Mixes stealth-based platforming (with speedrun potential) and puzzling. Catchy soundtrack as well.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger --- 50% off, currently € 7,49
A prime example of how storytelling should be handled in a videogame. The game itself (while linear) is a blast too.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing: Transformed --- 50% off, currently € 9,99 (this is what it looks like when you get good at it)
The arcadey racer of the generation for me. Inventive track design, difficult but fair, visually gorgeous (and a rock solid 60 FPS on PC) and vastly better than the original Sonic Racing (which I hated) in almost every way.

Thomas Was Alone --- 75% off, currently € 1,99
Cute platformer with whimsical narration.

Natural Selection II --- 75% off, currently € 5,74
It's divisive within the NS community, but for me it's the best team-based multiplayer shooter you can buy on Steam now that Team Fortress 2 sadly lost its way long ago. The developers regularly patch it too with balance tweaks, performance improvements or additional free content.

Offspring Fling! --- 50% off, currently € 2,99 (trailer)
Another cute puzzle-based platformer.

Noitu Love 2 Devolution --- 60% off, currently € 1,99 (trailer)
A condensed Treasure-style action game from the same indie dev that's currently working on The Iconoclasts.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing: Transformed --- 50% off, currently € 9,99 (this is what it looks like when you get good at it)
The arcadey racer of the generation for me. Inventive track design, difficult but fair, visually gorgeous (and a rock solid 60 FPS on PC) and vastly better than the original Sonic Racing (which I hated) in almost every way.

whoawhoawhoa a bit ot but the fuck i've gone through the majority of 4-star difficulty and i had no idea the shortcut at the start of this video existed

uhhhh to try to get back on topic i also highly recommend sonic racing transformed, but i feel like i've seen it at lower prices before
also i still like the original sonic racing better :(

whoawhoawhoa a bit ot but the fuck i've gone through the majority of 4-star difficulty and i had no idea the shortcut at the start of this video existed

uhhhh to try to get back on topic i also highly recommend sonic racing transformed, but i feel like i've seen it at lower prices before
You should check out that guy's playlist, there's probably a few more shortcuts that you'll have missed out on (as did I). You're right that it has been cheaper in the past, so I'm expecting it to be a daily eventually.

I only really preferred the character roster, the item pick-ups and the announcer in the original Sonic Racing; everything else was worse to me. Doesn't help the PC port was awful too.

Dusk Golem

sn00zer

Holy crap this...wth

Dusk Golem

Receiver --- 50% off, currently € 2,49 (game mechanics trailer)
Felt this one was also worth a mention, in hindsight. Bit of a gimmick game since it's moreso a proof-of-concept title (allegedly developed in 7 days time), but it's unique in the way it creates the idea of wielding a gun with painstaking detail. It also ups the stakes by being one of those "randomly generated worlds with permadeath" games. The total package being basic is besides the point as even at launch it was appropriately priced, and it definitely has a few elements I'd like to see further explored in a sequel or a bigger budget FPS.

Dead Island Riptide is showing as a Daily Deal 75% discounted game for the next 17 hours when you search for it, but it's not visible on the front page at all.

Weird....

Bad Rats is Gone Home, Spec Ops The Line, and Super Meat Boy all wrapped up together in a perfect game package. I still think about it's themes and messages. It probably changed my life.

And damn if the gameplay isn't addictive either.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
1.23 on my steam wallet and the game I want its 1.24
KuGsj.gif

Edit: someone bought a card. LOL yays

Celegus

I don't suppose Super Hexagon gets you the android version as well like Ticket to Ride does? Speaking of which, the complete pack of Ticket to Ride is only $8 and a really fun game, especially pass and play on a tablet.

Top Bottom