• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

autoduelist

Has there been any relatively recent game that's attempted anything like Roadwar 2000/Europa (SSI, 1986). Basically, you roamed the countryside recruiting people for your car based army Mad Max style. Being SSI, it was turn based / strategy oriented.

Man oh man I want a post-apocalyptic 4x game.

It's a fun, fast paced roguelike with a classless system. Like any roguelike it has permadeath, but it also has a way to save some progress, and that's upgrading your Dungeonmans Academy, which let your next character start with better stats or loot.

I'd say it plays more like ToME than something like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup or Nethack, but it's not as complex and it doesn't have as much content, but that shouldn't surprise anyone, those other roguelike have been having new content for years. But something Dungeonmans have better than those other roguelikes is how the combat feels, it's fast, bloody and the loot explodes from enemies, seriously, the bosses are like loot piñatas.

If you want to try a new roguelike that's not as crazy hard as the classics, I'd recommend it.

Wishlisted! (Would have been bought had I not been spending like a fiend lately). Sounds great. Watched some vid, definitely 'looks' a bit like ToME. Don't like the name though.

Wow,Road Redemption is legit. It's Road Rash meets Rogue Legacy.

And this too.

squadr0n

Hey guys I have a serious question about something. I'm not sure if this is a banable offense so please just delete this post or warn me before instabaning me please mods!

Ok question is:

What is the general census on using sites like Kinguin? I don't understand how they can offer games at the prices they do and if they are legit. I live in America so I'm not sure if these will even work here. And if it hurts the debs I don't want to do it. But is there a reason these sites are not popular?

The reason I'm asking is because I obviously want to purchase a game and own it through steam. The game on steam is full price and not sure when the next sale will be and if it will be part of it at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey guys I have a serious question about something. I'm not sure if this is a banable offense so please just delete this post or warn me before instabaning me please mods!

Ok question is:

What is the general census on using sites like Kinguin? I don't understand how they can offer games at the prices they do and if they are legit. I live in America so I'm not sure if these will even work here. And if it hurts the debs I don't want to do it. But is there a reason these sites are not popular?

Buying resold keys means you're not protected should your game be revoked or region-locked because proof of purchase doesn't reside on your end. In such cases you're at the mercy of the place that/person who sold you the key, which isn't an ideal situation to be in.

Key reseller discussion isn't bannable, but it is discouraged as people had a habit of recommending sites without explaining the risks involved. That's why, say, G2Play's website looks like this: http://www.***********/

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Seriously.
WTF, Indiegala... where are those Potatoman keys?

tumblr_l9xzyr0DCC1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

DocSeuss

WHY, MARCO, WHY

This, Prison Architect, and The Forest are the only Early Access games I would have no reservations backing. So from what Im seeing, the incentive of early access is getting the game early AND at a cheaper price than what the finished copy would be?

Long Dark
Fancy Skulls

The Forest isn't as good as either, 'cause lol performance.

Parsnip

Oh, dotemu did the recent FF4 port that I guess still runs battles in glorious 15fps. Almost too cinematic.

Well, maybe they'll do better with HoMM3 since it's already a PC game.

Buying resold keys means you're not protected should your game be revoked or region-locked because proof of purchase doesn't reside on your end. In such cases you're at the mercy of the place that/person who sold you the key, which isn't an ideal situation to be in.

Key reseller discussion isn't bannable, but it is discouraged as people had a habit of recommending sites without explaining the risks involved. That's why, say, G2Play's website looks like this: http://www.***********/

On the subject of blocking websites I was looking through the Steam forums and it looks like Nuuvem's name is being censored, anyone know the reason for this? Has it always been like that?

Turfster

On the subject of blocking websites I was looking through the Steam forums and it looks like Nuuvem's name is being censored, anyone know the reason for this? Has it always been like that?

It didn't used to be, but yeah, you're right (also see: link).
Anyway, I basically use this list for legit sites, which are the ones that got keys directly from Rebellion.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Seems to be a recent change judging from Google's cache of this thread. I'd guess that it was "banned" because people complained about getting region-locked games.

Khronico

For a brief splinter of time, the unrelenting, oppressive feeling of loneliness was destroyed with but a single Steam message.

But then, as quickly as happiness appeared, it vanished again. Torn violently away by the realization that it was merely a cruel accident of fate.

_hekk05

Banned
I'm getting inundated with a whole bunch of lvl 0-3 friend requests. Where are they coming from? This never used to be a problem 2 months ago

Tenrius

I'm getting inundated with a whole bunch of lvl 0-3 friend requests. Where are they coming from? This never used to be a problem 2 months ago

They are just people whose brothers want to trade with you but can't add you for some reason.

2.6k screenshots, u wot 8

We already had a store/client skin update this year, so I wouldn't count on it.

Is that a lot? I have 731 and I always thought I didn't take that much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i just press the "ignore all" button these days. if there was a legitimate request there...sorry lol.

Top Bottom