• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

iosefe

i just know he'll snipe me again. i'll give it 7 hours
=====

I see dani_dc has highest bid on Velocity Ultra. it would be a shame if someone....

raised by 1

That's dedication. Are you prepared to fight that with higher levels of dedication? If not go to sleep for 3 hours and come back when he's tired

Unless its a terminator sent back in time by future iosefe to prevent present iosefe from ever procuring that game, ensuring his steam backlogs survival. Or something.

Oooooh siiiiick. I have always wanted to play Outcast.

Plus now people can get other screenshots from the game than this:

Outcast1b.jpg

Phawx

Vagante guys. Vagante.

I'll have an LP and QI up later today. But briefly, I'll explain a minor mishap in the game where I learned a fire spell and was testing it and accidentally set the merchant on fire.

The merchant didn't take too kindly to my prestidigitation and promptly locked his store and tried to slay me whilst enflamed.

I didn't mean to murder the merchant. But since he was already dead, I destroyed his display stand and broke down his locked room and stole the rest of the stuff I couldn't afford.

Also the combat is tight.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
That's more an evolution of pronunciation than of spelling.

Technically English isn't standardised and is always changing, but to say that american english came before english is just ludicrous

What he means is that American English pronunciation is more representative of the older English dialect, while modern British English a a newer dialect that came to be after America formed a independent nation. So it is incorrect to claim modern British English is the proper traditional dialect when it has more variances with traditional English than the American English dialect.

iosefe

Vagante guys. Vagante.

I'll have an LP and QI up later today. But briefly, I'll explain a minor mishap in the game where I learned a fire spell and was testing it and accidentally set the merchant on fire.

The merchant didn't take too kindly to my prestidigitation and promptly locked his store and tried to slay me whilst enflamed.

I didn't mean to murder the merchant. But since he was already dead, I destroyed his display stand and broke down his locked room and stole the rest of the stuff I couldn't afford.

Also the combat is tight.
Breaking a locked door? What a neat concept

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the Ground Zeroes thing. I thought people felt cheated by it when it released on consoles, calling it a glorified demo.

It's a prologue that is worth an asking price of $10-15 ( for a late port on PC), but Konami charged $40 when it was not worth the higher asking price for many consumers.

If Konami had set the original console asking price at $15-20, there wouldn't have been so much negative reception.

KiDdYoNe

Hm.... hello-good morning here in Russia and i'm starting to think that the currency change will take some time and Valve locked out us (and the rest just to be sure lol) so we won't gift anything to other regions...

I mean it's already night there in US and the last change was made while i was sleeping. I just got up and it's stull the same currency and prices.

Chariot

Show me! There is a severe lack of Incest topics in OffTopic today.
I am on the phone right now, but I belirvr the title is something like "My mother is so fucking hot" and you can find it on Fakku.

Hm.... hello-good morning here in Russia and i'm starting to think that the currency change will take some time and Valve locked out us (and the rest just to be sure lol) so we won't gift anything to other regions...

I mean it's already night there in US and the last change was made while i was sleeping. I just got up and it's stull the same currency and prices.
Scary that this isn't a givrn. My condolesences.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best way to get ~3,000 gems? Buying a sack or turning backgrounds/emotes into gems? I was looking into The Sacred Tears TRUE, and I think that price is the lowest it's going to get.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Valve is dropping support of the ruble?

Milamber

I am on the phone right now, but I belirvr the title is something like "My mother is so fucking hot" and you can find it on Fakku.

Scary that this isn't a givrn. My condolesences.

Yay!

Also, note to self. Don't bring GodDaughter to the movies with light up children's shoes on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve is dropping support of the ruble?

As rumoured by Daedalic's former director of business development. It's entirely possible that the recent universal region-lock was imposed so RUB support could be maintained (at least for now).

Vibranium

Banned

Sucks about the locks man, poor dmix must also be really reeling from the loss of business.

If Ground Zeroes is around 10 bux on Steam later today (yeah right) then I will buy it from there, otherwise I need to fiddle around with VPN's.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If Ground Zeroes is around 10 bux on Steam later today (yeah right) then I will buy it from there, otherwise I need to fiddle around with VPN's.

Download FlyVPN Lite ("portable" executable as opposed to an installer) -> connect to one of the two free servers -> connect to Brazil -> go to Nuuvem -> disable the VPN once you reach the PayPal window.

Deques

Anybody know if it's risky to use SAM to reset achievements for a game with VAC?

I'm doing another round of cleaning out my library, requesting terminations for subscriptions to games that are garbage or that'll I'll never play, Tower Wars being one of them, and it has VAC. Support makes it sound like achievements/playtime stick around even after the game is removed, and I don't know if that'd fudge my Avg. Game Completion Rate or whatever.

VAC is only for cheat detection, it has nothing to do with playtime nor achievements

madjoki

Anybody know if it's risky to use SAM to reset achievements for a game with VAC?

I'm doing another round of cleaning out my library, requesting terminations for subscriptions to games that are garbage or that'll I'll never play, Tower Wars being one of them, and it has VAC. Support makes it sound like achievements/playtime stick around even after the game is removed, and I don't know if that'd fudge my Avg. Game Completion Rate or whatever.

Playtime, Achievements and Save stays even if you lose access, think free weekends & family sharing.

I don't think VAC has anything to do with achievements. But you can't reset protected achievements, which is separate unrelated thing.

Annubis

I sold half of my gems on the market in case the value crashes while I sleep.

I basically see two things possibly happening:
- People panicked trying to get rid of them (misunderstanding that they won't disappear) and crashed the price
- People will go on a bidding war for the last few games and raise the price of the gems

That will make for an interesting morning.

VAC is only for cheat detection, it has nothing to do with playtime nor achievements

Ah, okay. The SAM site just makes it sound like messing with VAC stuff can be dodgy.

Playtime, Achievements and Save stays even if you lose access, think free weekends & family sharing.

I don't think VAC has anything to do with achievements. But you can't reset protected achievements, which is separate unrelated thing.

Yeah, that makes sense on the user side of things... But support side, you'd think that if I'm going to them specifically to have it removed, they'd have a way to completely wipe the game and everything to do with it from my account. It's just kinda odd.

Top Bottom