• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Hah. This would effectively double the sales, right?
I've heard a lot of really bad buzz about Bayo 2. Definitely doesn't seem like the kind of game that would prompt me to run out and buy a WiiU (which would then immediately be the same dust magnet my 3DS has become after ALBW).

Bad buzz? Only about its sales. :(

But iirc you didn't enjoy the first Bayonetta, right? It likely won't change your mind.

Looking forward to more final fantasy on steam and despite enjoying mgs i think I'll pass on ground zeros and wait for a full game with phantom pain. The wire up for talos principle is quite enticing I'll keep my eyes open for some first hand experiences once it's released.

I'm pretty sure i recall reading that south park is region locked but could anyone tell me if it's one of those games you can activate via vpn and then install/play without needing the vpn?

Bad buzz? Only about its sales. :(

But iirc you didn't enjoy the first Bayonetta, right? It likely won't change your mind.

I've heard things about bad level design, bad technical issues -- go wander into that "DMC 3 is still the best stylish hard action game" thread, you'll see plenty of people who think Bayo/Bayo 2 is the best and plenty who straight up refute it.

As far as the original goes, it's a solid action game, but it's got a LOT of shortcomings people don't like to talk about. It's a good action game but nowhere near the quality it would take to contend for the title.

I've heard things about bad level design, bad technical issues -- go wander into that "DMC 3 is still the best stylish hard action game" thread, you'll see plenty of people who think Bayo/Bayo 2 is the best and plenty who straight up refute it.

As far as the original goes, it's a solid action game, but it's got a LOT of shortcomings people don't like to talk about. It's a good action game but nowhere near the quality it would take to contend for the title.
Only technical issues I recall are framedrops, which of course is a shame. Online mode surprisingly works very well.

What shortcomings were you thinking of? QTEs with instadeath are gone (maybe there's one with a huge lenient window somewhere), Little Bayonetta bs is out, and the Inferno enemies are really cool. More human vs human type battles too.

I wish Bayonetta 1 was on PC to iron out at least the technical flaws of that game.
Preordered it when I didn't have a Wii U, actually (but I do have one now lol).

Awww yiss.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any word on the FFXIII patch?

edit: wait they said december didnt they. Nevermind

Bayo 2 is a fantastic sequel.
I can't recommend it enough.

C-RUSH review
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/262980

verdict:
iqYLG7xjnlXir.gif
iqYLG7xjnlXir.gif
iqYLG7xjnlXir.gif
iqYLG7xjnlXir.gif
iqYLG7xjnlXir.gif

Vibranium

Banned
Hmm, I nabbed Saints Row IV, gotta wait for my PC to finally arrive to play a bunch of games though. I enjoy the series for what it is.

I encourage everybody to buy South Park if you find it interesting, gotta support Steamworks in Ubi's face. Somehow I hope Guillemot's eventual successor does a better job at cleaning Ubisoft up.

For some reason I'm holding out hopes for good stuff tomorrow, considering it's "Cyber Monday". Plus, not much of a wait till Winter Sales anyways.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not even that. 2 orders (Caution and Damage Boost) and 3 turns by Alicia (2 if Double Movement triggers). Roughly 1:30.

yea that's pretty cray

i never really had problems with exp and money anyways

i guess if you're going for the money/exp medals...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when did edward norton join Neogaf, and why is he high as a kite in his avatar

What a year it's been. I believe I'll be voting in the SteamGAF GOTY awards being that these past 6 months I've been PC gaming more than I ever have in my lifetime.

Rhaknar

What a year it's been. I believe I'll be voting in the SteamGAF GOTY awards being that these past 6 months I've been PC gaming more than I ever have in my lifetime.

Let me guess...Spelunky is your GOTY

Can anybody tell me why Origin is such shit and won't add a game my girlfriend bought to her account? Payment went through, cleared cache, etc.

This is stupid.

Can anybody tell me why Origin is such shit and won't add a game my girlfriend bought to her account? Payment went through, cleared cache, etc.

This is stupid.
EA's live chat support quality also went to shit recently, some of them got zero reading comprehensive ability. Right now, Valve seems to have better support service.

Plot twist.
She's my girlfriend now.

What does it say when you try adding a game?
How rude. :p

It says that the serial's been used, so it's registered to her account. Shows up on her Sims 3 account but not her Origin library nor can she download it.
EA's live chat support quality also went to shit recently, some of them got zero reading comprehensive ability. Right now, Valve seems to have better support service.

Live chat is currently walking her through and I have to clarify that guy's steps. Where's my pay?

Rhaknar

you act as if they are 2 seperate services

t9Eot4sl.jpg

fernandes

Best thing about EA and Origin was the customer support. They were pretty competent both times I needed to contact them. Can't believe they ruined that too, now.

M.D

This sale was awesome

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Shadow of Mordor
Saints Row IV
Titanfall

about $60 for everything

I may get on that Ubisoft sale, but not sure if I want actually want to play Watch Dogs...
the other option is Black Flag which sounds like its the best AC in years, but I'd prefer to play that game with a controller when I get a PS4 sometime in the future

Sajjaja

This sale was awesome

Shadow of Mordor
Saints Row IV
Titanfall

about $60 for everything

I may get on that Ubisoft sale, but not sure if I want actually want to play Watch Dogs...
the other option is Black Flag which sounds like its the best AC in years, but I'd prefer to play that game with a controller when I get a PS4 sometime in the future

You could just play AC4 on the PC with a controller >_>

Toki767

This sale was awesome

Shadow of Mordor
Saints Row IV
Titanfall

about $60 for everything

I must have missed it. Where did you get Dragon Age Inquisition for under $60?

Top Bottom