• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
I see nekopara has a 10% discount, but I don't have enough steam moneys for it T.T

Oh well there'll always be next sale.

Kevin

Steam seems like it's down on the East coast. Been down for awhile now too. At least an hour on my end.

Phinor

Ahh, January, the month with zero game releases ie. time to catch up with backlog.

Except of course, everything is now changed. Can't even rely on quiet January anymore. Couple of big games late in the month but even early on Steam release schedule has interesting stuff. I might pick up Warhammer Quest despite some microtransaction issues the game seems to have. I've been waiting for that game to arrive in Android but that probably isn't happening.

Subject16

Voted. We had great games in 2014. I was really in a dilemma.

Game 5 (1 point) : The Talos Principle
Game 4 (2 points) : Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Game 3 (3 points) : South Park: The Stick of Truth
Game 2 (4 points) : Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Game 1 (5 points) : Far Cry 4

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh the voting.
Game 5 (1 point) : Metal Gear Rising: Reveangeance
Game 4 (2 points) : Valkyria Chronicles
Game 3 (3 points) : Abyss Odyssey
Game 2 (4 points) : Killer is Dead
Game 1 (5 points) : Dark Souls 2

Copons

A little giveaway to celebrate the new thread of the new year.

Props to Woo and Indeed Hoo, the better cat, for he's the reason this giveaway exists! :3

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Copons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-C0336865CB57E240 - Taken by RyanPierre
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-220CB4242071F21F - Taken by autoduelist

Card Boy

Banned
You can tell how pathetic this Holiday sale was, we only had half a Holiday Steam thread. I think we reached like 3 threads during the summer one didn't we?

50-60% was like the new 75%-80% off.

Chariot

I see nekopara has a 10% discount, but I don't have enough steam moneys for it T.T

Oh well there'll always be next sale.
Are you stupid? I gifted you the game days ago >:O

jbybeKa67hEsGu.png

KarmaCow

I'm guessing steam is getting ddos'd or something because not even steamstat.us is up.

You can tell how pathetic this Holiday sale was, we only had half a Holiday Steam thread. I think we reached like 3 threads during the summer one didn't we?

50-60% was like the new 75%-80% off.

The summer sale thread felt like it was mostly people cheering for their teams.

XShagrath

Well, there was the Sale thread over in Gaming proper, so we probably got pretty close to 20K total if you combined the two threads.

As was stated, a good portion of the Summer thread was the meta-game cheering.

Chariot

What's with these quote boxes that don't show any message or poster in the box? Did the post you're quoting get deleted or something?
Noh, you can just do quote boxes manually. Since they resize pictures and protect them from being accidentally quoted, it's good to use for bigger pictures so that threads don't get flooded with the same picture over and over.
You can't never have enough cats tho.
What's with all the scary real life pictures? I am getting confused without waifu avatars.

My list would probably be considered kinda... Odd. I didn't really play any of the bit games this year, so I can't really vote for the heavy hitters like Shadows of Mordor or Wolfenstein, though I'm sure I would enjoy them quite a bit. Nope, most people probably wouldn't find my list very exciting.

Game 5: Final Fantasy III (Yeah, I know what you're thinking. But I'd never played a FF game until now, and it's rad as hell, and I have no issue saying it's one of the best games I've played this year, even with some nasty bugs. Final Fantasy... I have been missing out.)
Game 4: Dungeon of the Endless (This one is pretty tough, but way good. I haven't even beaten it yet, but I have a blast every time I play. One of those games that you really have to learn, and Git Gud™ at, but you'll still have fun. Even when you're getting your face wrecked.)
Game 3: Super Time Force Ultra (I actually kinda wish I'd put this one at #5, but oh well. While not amazing, it's just an overall solid game. Good mechanics, funny, satisfying to play.)
Game 2: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Like FFIII, I'd never played a Metal Gear game until this one. And it blew me away. Sure, it's basically just a demo, but still. I beat the game, then immediately got on eBay and bought the HD Collection. BioShock and Metal Gear are the only games I've gotten invested in that quickly. Just a fantastic experience. TPP will undoubtedly see itself on this list next year.)
Game 1: Transistor (Honestly, I really don't know what to say about this game. Bastion was amazing, and Transistor somehow managed to top it. The art, the soundtrack, the gameplay... Ugh. Just flawless. Too good for words.)

dot

I don't think i voted last year but here is my steam goty list if anyone wants to know.

Game 5 (1 point) : Final Fantasy XIII
Game 4 (2 points) : Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Game 3 (3 points) : The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Game 2 (4 points) : The Legend of Korra
Game 1 (5 points) : Shovel Knight

is spoilering supposed to hide the fact that we're still posting lists?
hailhydra

No, it's just to prevent huge images in the thread or quoting of gifs to no end. You can put your own posts into quotes.

Noh, you can just do quote boxes manually. Since they resize pictures and protect them from being accidentally quoted, it's good to use for bigger pictures so that threads don't get flooded with the same picture over and over.What's with all the scary real life pictures? I am getting confused without waifu avatars.

I know how quote boxes work, guys :p

I asked about *empty* quote boxes, because there was nothing in your quote box on my screen. Going back to look at it now, there is now a picture. I guess my Chrome ate it the first time?

If it hadn't been a misunderstanding, your replies would have been super helpful, though :p

Chariot

I know how quote boxes work, guys :p

I asked about *empty* quote boxes, because there was nothing in your quote box on my screen. Going back to look at it now, there is now a picture. I guess my Chrome ate it the first time?
If you see nothing it's a picture or some strange sign. It's not possible to post a quotebox without anything in it.

you know, if you really want to boost a specific games chances at winning goty - for whatever reason - it would be advised to actually only post one game in your vote (with 5 points obviously).
the 1-4 points you'd be giving your other votes will aid them to get a better spot.

but it's only a community vote. maybe i'm overthinking, hah.

you know, if you really want to boost a specific games chances at winning goty - for whatever reason - it would be advised to actually only post one game in your vote (with 5 points obviously).
the 1-4 points you'd be giving your other votes will aid them to get a better spot.

You aren't supposed to try to "fix" the voting, sir.

I don't think I will vote since most of my purchases were well-regarded games from years past. Can't really keep up with newer releases due to strict budgeting, so it's better for me to buy and enjoy them later when it is discounted, unless it's something I'd play right away. It's fun wading through the older GOTY lists so I can add to the wishlist for later though.

Yea yea, I know...

wish i could vote for "steam broadcast" as goty.

spending so much time watching friends streams.

it did come out 2014 so there's that.

MRORANGE

Have over 30 votes so far, well done for people who have voted

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY Award, every year gaffers choose choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam,
game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out last year's nail-biting results.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released from 2014
- Episodic games that overlap 2013/2014 can be counted as long as they have not been used in the 2013 Steam GOTY
- Re-release in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Vote thrown if the bin if you fail to follow rules
t1420848000z0.png

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
[B]Game 5 (1 point) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 4 (2 points) [/B]: INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 3 (3 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 2 (4 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 1  (5 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE

[B]Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) :[/B] WRITE COMMENTS HERE

You aren't supposed to try to "fix" the voting, sir.

Could be worse:

szNepbu.png

Only choosing 1 game is fine but a bit silly.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Noh, you can just do quote boxes manually. Since they resize pictures and protect them from being accidentally quoted, it's good to use for bigger pictures so that threads don't get flooded with the same picture over and over.What's with all the scary real life pictures? I am getting confused without waifu avatars.

I shall return to waifu avatar on February. Real Pic January. I might change it before the month ends.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It looks like the Kickstarter for Fate Milestone One was sucessful enough to bring over the sequel!
MRxClH9zmwhK80VUgFdpxQVkWCd7imFb1aUgGmt73z83lzGlt1y7zRQat0r7JiXMAxwEfNatZK4SWotggGyJtllMLXf8lA8tX9YtMaGjgdYzh6DIJm7Km2hYhgphvfsLAiEUGl6eLJF69WaJIkSpIU9VHxTNFhjdF0rK=s0-d-e1-ft

Hi backers,
We're happy to report that with your support of fault milestone one, we are able to bring over fault milestone two!

Some backers asked us about the status of some items:
Regarding the Artbook, it will be coming out later this year.
For the digital remastered version of the opening track along with the Orgel versions, they will be available after March.
For the hand drawn shikishi, they will be complete by mid February and will be shipped over to the US. Afterwards they will be shipped out to backers.

I'm looking forward to it!

Akuosa

I sold my holiday cards yesterday night, just by chance... so glad I did now, as I wasn't expecting they going out early.

Nete

This has been painful. Deciding between MGR and Wolfenstein for the last spot hasn't been easy.
Rules of Nature prevail.

Also, Happy New Year and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom