• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
We put too many eggs in the Mr. Orange basket, folks. I HEREBY DECLARE I AM NEW ACTING STEAM THREAD/GOTY OVERLORD, PLEDGE FEALTY NOW.

EDIT: I take this back, I'm not mature enough for this sort of responsibility in my life.

derExperte

I've got to stop looking at the Dying Light posts. I'm starting to want it.

And you should, it's much better than DI mainly because this time they got the pacing right. I'm near the end and the second half was different enough to not become a boring slog.

kevin1025

Banned
2015-02-01_16-48-48.jpg

So Kojima just showed off a blue-ish metallic 2 for fun?

Ozium

I just want rising 2 if/when it happens to be about grey fox.

won't happen since they had to scrap the idea of it taking place in the past for revengeance so they could do the stuff they wanted to do.. with platinum they will only go further in the next installment so that means it will be even more in the futrue

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
won't happen since they had to scrap the idea of it taking place in the past for revengeance so they could do the stuff they wanted to do.. with platinum they will only go further in the next installment so that means it will be even more in the futrue

I quite liked these posts from the (now locked) MGR2 'tease' thread:

Neiteio said:
This game better have Herr Dok-tor!

Also, bring back Armstrong, I don't care if it doesn't make sense

Actually, have every member of Congress be like Armstrong

Game ends with Raiden fighting all of fucking Congress

The Xtortionist said:
Fucking do it

MECHA ARMSTRONG

IN THE NEO WHITE HOUSE

ON THE MOON

Believe.

Chariot

Yeah, the gif's in the Besiege OT are amazing (and Google Chrome killing).

ivzzY6AL1Khvn.gif

Made me buy the game instantly. Sadly I am lack imagination and engineering power, but it's still fun regardless.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Time is weird.

wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-o.gif

So I woke up this morning to my hosting company having shut down a few of the Enhanced Steam / Idle Master servers... ugh. Everything should be back up now though.

Chariot

So I woke up this morning to my hosting company having shut down a few of the Enhanced Steam / Idle Master servers... ugh. Everything should be back up now though.
I was wondering why the cheapest price didn't show up. What happened? Was that just arbitrary?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was wondering why the cheapest price didn't show up. What happened? Was that just arbitrary?

Yeah, just the usual threat prevention stuff. They detected a lot of "unusual traffic", that sort of thing. Some of the servers were still online though so at least not everything was shut down.

Chariot

No February thread?
MRORANGE is lost. We are cursed to stay in January 2015 forever, with no chance of ever getting Way of the Samurai.
Yeah, just the usual threat prevention stuff. They detected a lot of "unusual traffic", that sort of thing. Some of the servers were still online though so at least not everything was shut down.
Does that happen often, like, does your provider start to know you?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-0C9FB60366EB0AB9 - Taken by brassica
Grimind -- MB-9DEC8F4EF1585391 - Taken by FauX
Dead Space -- MB-C989275D8CE10D84 - Taken by TheLight
xheRJRF.gif
Postal #2 -- MB-A9F6DD159B6FA0CB - Taken by darkchewie
Shattered Haven -- MB-CF7BB41A15C373FF
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-DAB6F3D705B4D1EE - Taken by autoduelist
Killing Floor -- MB-F5ABFAF3038CE7D0 - Taken by mrks
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-2164D828C46AE77F - Taken by Mr. Doop
Clickr -- MB-C90117B47BD32719 - Taken by WinterDemons

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Mark of the Ninja was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Grimind was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Shattered Haven was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hero of the Kingdom was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Clickr was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

jshackles

When are we getting a dongle so we can use the Xbox One controller wirelessly Microsoft!?

Probably never at this point.

I assume since they're heavily hyping Windows 10 and it's cross platform capabilities and streaming from the Xbox One to PC that the console fanboys are going to be pissed if they have to use a wired controller for those features. I also assume Microsoft knows that if they don't release a wireless dongle soon that almost everyone is going to go buy a Dualshock 4 controller to play the latest Win10 exclusive Fable game.

So I'll be surprised if it's not released sometime in the next 4-6 months.

Does that happen often, like, does your provider start to know you?

Usually there's a phase each server goes through where it does it's job for quite a while, then something big happens (like the release of the new version of Enhanced Steam) and the traffic spikes up to crazy levels as everyone's Firefox automatically detects and downloads the new plugin, etc. Since I've brought quite a few new servers online during the last sale, these are the ones that got flagged. I explained that sometimes the traffic will spike on these servers and that's normal, so hopefully the next time it happens they'll just send me a heads up or something without completely shutting them down.

Turfster

GMG's Deal of the Day is Crusader Kings II 66% off
Their 2014 retrospective deals that are still active: (Don't forget 20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX)
  • Murdered Soul Suspect 75% off
  • Wolf TNO 50% off
  • Alien Isolation 50% off
  • Company of Heroes 2 Ardennes Assault 50% off
  • Thi4f 75% off
  • Blands 2 GOTY 75% off
  • Evil Within 50% off

MacGameStore has Civ V Complete 75% off

Gamersgate has Men of War Assault Squad 2 75% off

Amazon has The Evil Within 50% off

All this Far Cry 4 I've been playing has got me wanting to buy AC Unity now. I don't know what's gotten in to me but the only cure is more Ubisoft open world formula.

Turfster

Groupees now has its own gifting and trading system.
It doesn't actually check to see if keys have been used or not though (and you can uncheck the "used" checkbox yourself), so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom