• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

That reminds me, gonna contact my ISP and see if Fibre Optic's been installed over here already.

Knife of Dunwall down, time for Witches. This whole thing is making me want to play more Dishonored, they need to hurry up and go deep on the discount on 2. Or have a price mistake :3

The performance of Dis2 is part of the reason I hadn't gotten it yet. I do hope they fix it up eventually though :/

Nowadays when it comes to PC and Steam I'm only buying games that i know I'll play soon or immediately.
So as tempting as Civ 6 might be, I'm in the same boat of waiting for a $10 price error before even getting it.
...and I hadn't even started Civ 4!

Oh and this came to me as a surprise-
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/573050/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_1
It is Arabic only, but I hope they add English in due time :X

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The performance of Dis2 is part of the reason I hadn't gotten it yet. I do hope they fix it up eventually though :/

oh yeah I forgot it was plagued with a shitty launch wasnt it? Well, it's not like I was going to buy it now anyway, but have patches not improved it at all?

FLD

Lego pick and choose Bundle over at Bundlestars, 3 for 11€

doesnt include Force Awakens tho so boo, its basically the same as last time. Force Awakens is 70% off tho, which is the lowest its been, if there's anyone seething for more Lego I guess.

That would be tempting if it wasn't for the fact that I have yet to even try any of the LEGO games I already own. No idea if I'll even like them. I mean, I did try LEGO Batman once and went "wtf is this shit?" but, to be fair, I was drunk and only played for like 15 mins before saying fuck it and going to bed.

Tizoc

Hey y'all better hit up AGDQ right now, they're playing Trauma Center: New Blood and it's 2 player co-op to beat the game
https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick
Do it for Durante!

oh yeah I forgot it was plagued with a shitty launch wasnt it? Well, it's not like I was going to buy it now anyway, but have patches not improved it at all?

Not that I know of I'm afraid. W40K: Deathwing is also plagued with bad performance which I hope gets fixed. I want to go about.

Also reviews for Rise and Shine are popping up and average on the good side atm.
nice to see it finally release ... reviews are kinda everywhere so far :-/ http://opencritic.com/game/3772/rise-shine?tab=1 but mostly on the good side

zkylon

zkylewd
this is something that imo they get better at in the later games, for disgaea 3 i still had to do a bit of grinding to continue the story since at some points within the game their level gets a noticeable spike but 4 has none of that
yeah honestly grinding isn't even that bad in disgaea, i liked coming up with optimized ways of beating the grinding levels and stuff

i mostly disliked the combat, i felt it was really statcheck-y and didn't have the depth i was expecting from it, and the mechanics of the game i found really interesting like the senate and the item world and the pyramids felt like you had to have played for like 200 hours for them to be meaningful

i might play 3 if it releases on steam, idk, i came out of disgaea 1 feeling very disappointing

Anno

I think for most people it's okay now. Not good, not great for sure, but also doesn't slow down to 20 randomly. On my 970 its usually at 60fps but there's usually one area per map that drops it for some reason down to 40something.

What's wrong with 5?

nothing is wrong with it, its just 4 and 3 have more interesting characters and a fun plot. Truth be told, I didn't play 5, I saw a friend of mines beat it from beginning to end since it was his first disgaea game, and sine I only play em for the plot i didn't see a reason to play it after that.

Tizoc

nothing is wrong with it, its just 4 and 3 have more interesting characters and a fun plot. Truth be told, I didn't play 5, I saw a friend of mines beat it from beginning to end since it was his first disgaea game, and sine I only play em for the plot i didn't see a reason to play it after that.

Hmm I'm more concerned about gameplay tbh :p

derFeef

Not quite Basil Poledouris level, but that's some damn good music.

Knut took direct inspiration from Basil, that's why some of it sounds so similar. Damn I want to play AoC now, haha. Love that world so much.

Rise of the Godslayer is also veeery good. I admire the combat track especially.

Tizoc

well it gameplay its pretty similar to 4 which is a really good thing, all the grinding stuff is completely optional if you want to go for it, otherwise you can ignore it.

Coolios, but doesn't Disgaea 5 have the newer sprites or is that also in 4?

derFeef

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derFeef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Escapists - Alcatraz -- MB-7A5C8B12BB98891E - Taken by Hakkelus
The Flame in the Flood -- MB-AD336E2BA3A36D4A - Taken by Tizoc
Abend!

Pachimari

Humble Store has winter sale, also Dirt Showdown is free
https://www.humblebundle.com/store
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-showdown-free-game
lol Spiderman SD is on sale too.
Okay, I'm buying Shattered Dimensions before Activisiom removes that one from Steam as well.

Hate that I missed out on Amazing Spider-Man 1, and the two Ninja Turtles games.

Lego pick and choose Bundle over at Bundlestars, 3 for 11€

doesnt include Force Awakens tho so boo, its basically the same as last time. Force Awakens is 70% off tho, which is the lowest its been, if there's anyone seething for more Lego I guess.
I will be looking into this too. I can see them being removed someday when the licenses expires. And I am missing a lot of them.

Coolios, but doesn't Disgaea 5 have the newer sprites or is that also in 4?

that was introduced in 4, it carries on into disgaea 5 and disgaea d2(which is a sequel to the original disgaea but i never played it since i was waiting for the complete vita edition that never came to be, RIP)

FoneBone

Humble Store has winter sale, also Dirt Showdown is free
https://www.humblebundle.com/store
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-showdown-free-game
lol Spiderman SD is on sale too.

Is there cause to think Shattered Dimensions is in imminent danger of delisting? As far as I know, Activision has only delisted licensed games at the start of the calendar year, and I'd think the removal of the Amazing Spider-Man games (but not their other Marvel titles) would be due to the expiration of a deal with Sony rather than Marvel.

Ban Puncher

Is there cause to think Shattered Dimensions is in imminent danger of delisting? As far as I know, Activision has only delisted licensed games at the start of the calendar year, and I'd think the removal of the Amazing Spider-Man games (but not their other Marvel titles) would be due to the expiration of a deal with Sony rather than Marvel.

Do you really want to risk it though?

AU8BI.gif

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Vipul said:
I am afraid because all the platforms have their own server so transferring will not work for you.

Thanks for nothing Vipul

Vipul said:
You are not getting my point. I am saying that all the platforms are different - 2. So if you want to play the game on PC then you will have to purchase them again. There is no way to use the Xbox content in PC.
dave is ok said:
That is clearly not the case for certain items -"Your promotional code included an unlock for both PC and Xbox 360 platforms. To access your content on the Xbox 360, please ensure you activate Cerberus in-game using the same account you used while redeeming this code on the social website. Once you have done this, your content will be available for download from Xbox LIVE via the in-game store." So whats the arbitrary distinction between some DLC and others?
Vipul said:
It is for Bioware website not for the Origin.
dave is ok said:
I use the same exact login for both sites. They are both accessed from my Origin login

I don't think it's going to happen. Oh well, worth a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom