• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Next Fest February 2024 live now!

Sadly don't have a way to play any of these games, or my steam library.

I suppose Geforce now free would work. I would get an hour of playtime.

Bartski

Gold Member

Just perfect on the deck. Not sure if I wanna continue playing the demo or just wait for the full version, it's out next week

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Try this:

Hero! I'll try this later.

I gave Ultros a whirl. Love the vibrant colors but something about the animation is driving me nuts, maybe it is the frequency of the roll animation. Roll at the apex of your jump, roll when landing, roll before you slide. The long pause after defeating an enemy is also a little jarring.

Neon Xenon

Played the Pacific Drive demo as soon as I got home, and two hours went by like nothing. Hook up a DualSense for some nice haptic triggers when driving and using tools. I'm very into the atmosphere of the game, even if the demo isn't showing  too much of what's going on (which is fine).

Been keeping an eye on Pacific Drive for over a year, and I'm nearly convinced enough by the demo to pre-order it.

Here's a demo I want to recommend: Helskate.

You play as Anton Falcon in a Skateboarding Action Roguelite with gameplay that works out better than I expected. This demo was actually released weeks back, but has been updated for this Steam Next Fest. Goes into Early Access on February 15th.

Also, the Lead Designer is Steve Swink, who previously worked on Tony Hawk's Underground, just to let you know what you're getting into.

Last edited:

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Holy heck, Harol Halibut is making my RTX 4070 cry uncle.
I have to turn down the graphics, DLSS is borked as it makes onscreen text and menu zoomed in to where you can't see it.
Turn off DLSS and turn the graphics all the way to low and it's playable.

bender

What time is it?
Try this:

This got the game to launch. The settings menus goes a little haywire when first entering it. It also doesn't detect RB for some reason. I'll screw with it later to see if I make any more progress. Game runs around ~40 during the intro using a mix of low/medium setting with a 75% resolution scale.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Played over an hour of Pacific Drive. Was having fun until the car crafting part. I got as far as crafting the doors, but went to the dumpster and it spit out 4 tires and made me scan one.
At that point I'm done with this game. I just wanted to drive around with weird stuff going on while the radio played music. :(

hlm666

Homeworld 3 has a demo aswell. Labelled as war games demo, I'm not exactly sure what that means.

Still installing stormgate and homeworld 3 so havn't got to check these out but here are a couple of things I was eyeing up for steamdeck/portable.

and something similar to enshrouded although combat may be a bit tighter/better.

all have a demo.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Here's a demo I want to recommend: Helskate.

You play as Anton Falcon in a Skateboarding Action Roguelite with gameplay that works out better than I expected. This demo was actually released weeks back, but has been updated for this Steam Next Fest. Goes into Early Access on February 15th.

Also, the Lead Designer is Steve Swink, who previously worked on Tony Hawk's Underground, just to let you know what you're getting into.

This game bums me out. You can tell the talent is there to create a THPS knock-off. I appreciate trying something new but I'm so sick of roguelites and I don't really want combat in my skating games. I still hope it catches on because the quality is evident but it just isn't for me.

Wildebeest

Civ like game published by Paradox. It seems to sort of nail it in a limited budget sort of way, but something about it makes me feel like apple hasn't fallen far enough from the tree and since it's Paradox I'm wary of the death by 1000 DLC.

It is an MMO inspired by games like the Witness. The MMO part is not my preference and the graphics are just not that appealing or optimised, but the puzzles seem decent. Worth a try.

Minimalist puzzle for people who think spline tools in art programs are engaging. I sort of like it.

Top Bottom