• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-10-21_01-51-34.jpg

Tellaerin

What really gets me about all of this is that even if you're a fast typist, it still takes more time and effort to tweet something than it does to say it. Your fingers don't blurt out dumb things in the heat of the moment. Having to actually type out something should be enough of a speed bump for somebody to say to themselves, "Hold up a sec. Better not hit enter now or I'm really going to screw myself here." Yet even that's not enough to make some people stop and consider their words.

So how much does it take to get somebody to think before posting?

I've just been reading the PC Gamer previews and it sounds like the basis of Civ with a bit of Alpha Centuri mixed in but a lot of it is it's own game. The whole set up seems quite familiar and while some win conditions are similar like Domination, the 3 tied to the new affinities sound different (well they are a little vauge on what the conditions and what the final goal for each is). Quests do sound like they're a big part of the affinity victory conditions too and they sound a lot more organic than the usual path you'd plot to normal Civ win conditions like a Space or Peace victory.

I want more new gameplay ideas and mechanics that really makes it feel like you're exploring a new planet. Deadlock from Accolade back in the day played around with a slightly different scenario. I understand that the standard Civ model is solid but just tacking on a space colonization theme seems uninspired. I would like if we had a main Civilization Series and then have Civ offshoots that would play around with newer & more novel ideas.

What really gets me about all of this is that even if you're a fast typist, it still takes more time and effort to tweet something than it does to say it. Your fingers don't blurt out dumb things in the heat of the moment. Having to actually type out something should be enough of a speed bump for somebody to say to themselves, "Hold up a sec. Better not hit enter now or I'm really going to screw myself here." Yet even that's not enough to make some people stop and consider their words.

Not when you're BLIND WITH RAAAAAGEEEE!!!111

Maniac

Banned
between "new rig testing" and thinking about extra life, I downloaded a lot of games recently. Im at work so cant check the whole list, but off the top of my head:

-snip-
and more stuff im probably forgeting

Lords of the Fallen isnt out until next week and Ive finished Evil Within and im about to finish Styx so those would probably be out. I could probably get 24 hours out of all this stuff, some of which Ive been wanting to try like all the DLC stuff (assuming my saves still work) or Mordor. And im not opposed to buy something specifically to stream if needed, like Korra or something.

Edit: I need to download Hatoful Boyfriend too :p
That's a lot of fantastic games. I'd highly recommend Shadow of Mordor, Isolation, Metro 2033 + Last Light, Outlast & Transistor. Those are, imo, the very best on your list there - And if you play just half of them, I'd spend a lotta time watching I think ;)

Physically talking requires someone to listen, though. Twittering does not. Also (in general) I would say that fits of emotional anguish last longer than it takes to tweet. Especially if you're a fast typist.

In the future when we're all cyborgs, the Internet will have an emotionally-enabled "kill switch" that disables our cyber-brains from messaging online. I guarantee it.

Basically: everyone should play Remember Me.

derExperte

Something for Halloween.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lone Survivor: Director's Cut -- MB-5A50A0DD888EBA74 - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.

t1413850950z1.png

If you like games for babies, sure.

capturea5xg6.png

True.

I never did finish Lone Survivor. I remember thinking it was pretty fun at the time, but I think I got bored with it. I should replay it.

Maniac

Banned
Physically talking requires someone to listen, though. Twittering does not. Also (in general) I would say that fits of emotional anguish last longer than it takes to tweet. Especially if you're a fast typist.

In the future when we're all cyborgs, the Internet will have an emotionally-enabled "kill switch" that disables our cyber-brains from messaging online. I guarantee it.

Basically: everyone should play Remember Me.
I do believe the kids these days call it to twee... No, what was it? Twittering? Nonono, twattering, I believe. Or twatting. Twitting? Something along these lines, my dear.

I really wanna play Remembs Muh by the way

Derp

I do believe the kids these days call it to twee... No, what was it? Twittering? Nonono, twattering, I believe. Or twatting. Twitting? Something along these lines, my dear.

I really wanna play Remembs Muh by the way
I believe it's twittattering.

I could be wrong though.

But I'm right.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh I also have Outland downloaded, thats another one. And Vanishing of Ethan Carter. My ISP cant be happy with me this month >_>

Maniac

Banned
I believe it's twittattering.

I could be wrong though.

But I'm right.

Yeah, you're right. You must be. Your avatar is a meme
, lel milady let me tip my fedora for ur excellent inteligens

Seriously though, I do believe you're on-point. Twittattering does sound about right. You forgot about the fisting though. But that's a niche kind of twittattering.
oh I also have Outland downloaded, thats another one. And Vanishing of Ethan Carter. My ISP cant be happy with me this month >_>
Don't know of this Outland-y thang you speak of, but Vanishing is god-damned excellent. I tried the game for an hour sailing under the jolly roger*, and it's a really beautiful game and definitely one of the best spins, or takes, on the classic detective-puzzler. The HUD, or lack thereof, is just great. It's really well-made, and it just... Makes sense. It clicks, and it works - Minimalistic as can be, really, and it's better for it.

God damnit I need to buy that game!

The jolly-rogering was to test it on my rig. I swear! Like I may or may not do with TEW at some point if I can be arsed anytime soon

How long is the wait for "Too Many Activation Attempts" again?

Also, I find the banner for Blackbay Asylum quite amusing. Giveaway incoming once I sort out my keys.

header.jpg

Ozium

Valve comments:

"We have removed the game's sales page and ceased relations with the developer after he threatened to kill one of our employees", a Valve spokesperson told Kotaku.

source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom