• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Gametrust Steelbooks arrived today, $4.97 a piece! Shout out to Glass Shark for the heads up.

Nice, I got Axiom Verge as well, I also got Diablo III, Dragon Age Inquisition and Song of the Deep. Dragon Age Inquisition and Diablo III were open boxes, so I returned Diablo III and Inquisition is in the trash after I used the code. Still they were dirt cheap so whatever!

Accoun

Was looking for my Doom 3 copy because the recent GOG stream kinda made me want to play that game. Found it, but also found something else: my copy of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. It was the only Tony Hawk game I have played, but not finished.

Would say it speak a lot about the game, but that's only a part of it - the PC port wasn't very good. It ran like crap for me and quite a bit of people I've seen online. I've been hearing that turning off vibration actually helps with the framerate even if you don't have a controller (!), but I never verified if it was true or just some hoax. By then I already gave up on the game. Of course now I can just bruteforce it, but it doesn't get rid of hitches in loading corridors. Maybe an SSD would help, but whatever.

The game itself... It's not bad, but definitely bottom-tier as far as PS1/2-era Tony Hawk games go. Possibly worst in the series at that point, and I say it as a THUG2 apologist, so I'm not exactly a purist. Even the classic mode wasn't that great compared to the earlier games. It's still decent, being a PS2-era Tony Hawk game.
It did almost completely get rid of Bam Magera, so that's a huge plus compared to THUG2. Sadly, still not entirely.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Walking Dead Season 1 -- MB-39DFC5AF11141758
Note: You must redeem your free The Walking Dead: Season 1 key by 10AM Pacific on Saturday, September 23rd, 2017!

iosefe

Sakura Clown confirmed.

image.php

Kagemusha

Any update on when the client gets an update? Winter Sale?

Did WotC say if Magic Arena is coming to Steam or will Arena have its own client?

Eila

Can you play YS 7/8 without playing the older ones and which game out of all the YS games would be a good start point?

Yeah you can just pick whatever. The only ones with significant references is Ys Origin, which should probably be played after I & II. Others have some references here and there but it's not a huge deal.
Ys Seven is a good starting point. Maybe Oath in Felghana (Ys III).

yuraya

Client update is dead. Let it go SteamGAF.

All of Valve's efforts have moved on to Artifact. You damn well know they aren't working on 2 things at once.

Pixieking

Banned
Part of me wonders if Mike Morasky was referring to the client/store update when he mentioned doing something yesterday/day before. I can't for the life of me think what would fit his work, but the fact that he said "it may even be shipped as soon as next week" makes me think.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
it's possible to donate to charity without condemning yourself to a life of loneliness though

doesnt like superheroes, doesnt like anime tiddies, who hurt you so badly stump? tell us.

it's possible to donate to charity without condemning yourself to a life of loneliness though
I doubt I'm going to play them, I'm currently catching up with my PS4 backlog, and I have Divinity: Original Sin 2, Project CARS 2 lined up this month. I don't object to the idea of someday actually playing them.

BasilZero

Well it is the one title in the TitS trilogy that was the most grueling to work on. I'm pretty sure XSEED is trying to milk as much money out of SC as they can...in which I really don't blame them. I bought SC a while back and yet still haven't started FC.

Yeah I havent started on FC yet either.

Been playing Tear of Vermillion on PSP - gonna finish the Garghav trilogy before I play Trails in the Sky trilogy.

Eila

Yeah I havent started on FC yet either.

Been playing Tear of Vermillion on PSP - gonna finish the Garghav trilogy before I play Trails in the Sky trilogy.

They take place in a different settings. From what I played the Garghav games on PSP have really dumbed down gameplay and the translations are very mediocre to bad.
Bad enough dudes start with Dragon Slayer on PCE-CD, anyhow.

Knurek

ADg2QXG.jpg

Left: XSEED's Ys Seven port.
Right: Widely hated for being crappy Joyland Ys Seven port.

Left without further comment.

zkylon

zkylewd
the ship on the background is blurry on the left, it's clear on the right. also differences on the textures of the giant statue on the right and the tower and floor

you can tell the difference, but you do have to look for it

in any case it doesn't help the fact that both versions of that picture look like ass

i don't get being so abusive to someone for not seeing the difference, fucking what...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
right one has:

higher res
better textures

and im on my shitty 720p laptop. I'm surrounded by a bunch of Judge Dooms over here.

giphy.webp

Lain

ADg2QXG.jpg

Left: XSEED's Ys Seven port.
Right: Widely hated for being crappy Joyland Ys Seven port.

Left without further comment.

Better textures make a crappy port less crappy? I thought we cared about performance more.

right one has:

higher res
better textures

and im on my shitty 720p laptop. I'm surrounded by a bunch of Judge Dooms over here.

giphy.webp

The res is the same, the only difference is in the textures. Get new eyes old man!

preta

The issues with the Joyoland port had nothing to do with the graphics. The problems were that it ran at 30 fps like the PSP version and was riddled with annoying DRM.

MUnited83

For you.
Unless you're browsing the forum on a 3DS, i don't see how anyone could miss the difference lol

Like Jesus even on my phone where the image is resized to like 1/8 of the screen i can immediately see the difference lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom