• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Steam] Shatter Leaderboards

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
esc said:

Ah, that's why I had about 20 friend invites when I woke up this morning! Thanks for that esc, much appreciated.

Anyway, Why does work have to get in the way of things? Once I am done with my shift I will be getting on with trying to get onto these leaderboards, something tells me competition will be tough.

Salsa

Sciz said:
2hf3v2o.png

woo

Still all sorts of room for improvement too.

Damn you!

When this whole sale is over ill be able to spend some serious time with this, then its ON.

Instro

SalsaShark said:
Holy shit :lol

i must secretly hate you or something

ADDED!, doublechecked :p

I was beginning to think you were doing it on purpose. :D

How the hell did Sciz get 115 mil, how are you guys getting that many points?

Instro

Damn my other buddy got nearly 200 million on the first world. I take it multiple balls at once is what gets you such high scores?

EDIT

nvm that 200mil score was for his whole storymode not world 1 :lol

Im closing in on you Sciz for the world 1 leaderboard, got 84 mil on my last try :p

Salsa

_tetsuo_ said:
_tetsuo2k_

lets do this

Link to your steam profile please. I cant seem to find anything with that username D:

Nevermind, totally forgot i already have you on my friends list.

Wallach

When I get done with this nerd poker (MtG) tournament I am totally going to destroy you guys.

Also, while I'm here someone tell me how to play this game.

Might as well join in, Steam name is also OgTheClever. Although I haven't really got the hang on how to score well yet, I think it's something to do with getting a multiplier and destroying certain blocks afterwards.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Steam ID: K.Jack2.0

And, you guys need to add Evilore. Dude freaking kills at this game. He has the highest score on every level.

KuroNeeko said:
Danne-Danger - Nice high score. What the heck are you doing in Kinetic Harvest to get so many points? :p
Get the balls out and start sucking. Get a multiplier going for the shardstrom, try not to let anything fall past your paddle (since that reduces the multiplier) using the shield. Also the Shardstorm bonus applies to how many times you've used the shardstorm (I think), it's not huge, but it can add up, but do try to save it for key moments (using it at the end of the level will not use the whole gauge but still give you the bonus). There's also a 10 million bonus for clearing the stage without the balls bouncing off a wall, I think that can be done on the rotating thing but I haven't done it yet.

That's pretty much all the tricks I've learned, feel free to correct any misconceptions. :p

Danne-Danger said:
Get the balls out and start sucking. Get a multiplier going for the shardstrom, try not to let anything fall past your paddle (since that reduces the multiplier) using the shield. Also the Shardstorm bonus applies to how many times you've used the shardstorm (I think), it's not huge, but it can add up, but do try to save it for key moments (using it at the end of the level will not use the whole gauge but still give you the bonus). There's also a 10 million bonus for clearing the stage without the balls bouncing off a wall, I think that can be done on the rotating thing but I haven't done it yet.

That's pretty much all the tricks I've learned, feel free to correct any misconceptions. :p
Ah, I blow most of the time, with the occasional suck. I might try the constant sucking method next time. (God, that sounded so wrong)

OgTheClever said:
Ah, I blow most of the time, with the occasional suck. I might try the constant sucking method next time. (God, that sounded so wrong)
Yeah it's very important to get your multiplier up as fast as possible since it doesn't carry over between stages, then I guess you have to be lucky with shards doubled/2x multiplier powerups.

Amazing what a difference posture can do. I sat around in a slouched position playing bonus mode and ended up with ~8-10 mil each time, I then decided to sit up, and place my other hand in the wasd position (as I would when focusing on a deathmatch game) and launched to 18th place (from ~200) with 15.400.000 on the first try. :D

I still suck at the third bonus stage though.

Sciz

2mewjtu.png

Picked up something like 80 million points on the second wave, totally nuts.

2lcv4g9.png

Unfortunately I went on to bomb out at the beginning of Argon Refinery. D:

Sciz said:
2mewjtu.png

Picked up something like 80 million points on the second wave, totally nuts.

2lcv4g9.png

Unfortunately I went on to bomb out at the beginning of Argon Refinery. D:
Grr, I had a good run going after that Kinetic Harvest score but I restarted instead of going all the way. I'll try another story-score when this week’s Weekend Confirmed hits.*

*Which it apparently did quite a while ago, huzzah!

namnlsas1b.jpg

There we go, that shit takes way too long.

Salsa

All added.

Sorry for being late, lost my internet connection at home.

Couldnt find a lot of you guys, im guessing some of you must be posting your display name instead of the name you registered with, the one that you enter along with your password.

Better yet, post links!

and check if they are working, some of the posted above are not :(

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Hmm, for Kinetic Harvest I just managed a better score:
Stop It 53,549,600 Global rank: #725
Not bad, but looking at the likes of Danne-Danger, Therion and Instro (Ranked 3rd in the world!) I can do better.

SalsaShark said:
All added.

Sorry for being late, lost my internet connection at home.

Couldnt find a lot of you guys, im guessing some of you must be posting your display name instead of the name you registered with, the one that you enter along with your password.

Better yet, post links!

and check if they are working, some of the posted above are not :(
Erm, I'm not sure if I get this, since the only name I would have registered with is OgTheClever but the url http://steamcommunity.com/id/ogtheclever leads to an error. Is there a way to find my ID url? BTW, my profile shows up on this page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024119815

Salsa

OgTheClever said:
Erm, I'm not sure if I get this, since the only name I would have registered with is OgTheClever but the url http://steamcommunity.com/id/ogtheclever leads to an error. Is there a way to find my ID url? BTW, my profile shows up on this page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024119815

That is the url :)

Reluctant-Hero said:
Steam ID:

Feel free to send me friend requests too! I need more friends:D

We will, you need to be on our friend lists to show up on the leaderboard, you should add everyone as well.

I don't even know how I got that score on Kinetic Harvest, it was my very first play and every time since then I haven't even come close. ;p

I know 59K isn't an "OMG EPIC" score but I typically seem to come in around 35-40K...is it better to use the energy attack when you have it or only when necessary?

Instro

echoshifting said:
I don't even know how I got that score on Kinetic Harvest, it was my very first play and every time since then I haven't even come close. ;p

I know 59K isn't an "OMG EPIC" score but I typically seem to come in around 35-40K...is it better to use the energy attack when you have it or only when necessary?

Generally it seems like the best way to get tons of points is to time your energy attack in conjunction to your balls hitting a ton of bricks at once. Some levels have bricks that resist the energy attack though so you have to find which levels it works best for.

Top Bottom