• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

It's surreal checking how many posts are in this thread and not seeing JaseC at the top of the list. It's like I've wandered into an alternate universe where he doesn't post as much.

It was odd not seeing him around as much, but I think for me part of that for me was going back to my original time zone.

The Journey Down: Episode 2 looks great!

jd3inline6.jpg

jd3inline7.jpg

jd3inline8.jpg

Wow. I've been seeing the first game in bundles so often now that I just assumed the series was dead. Nice to see it's still alive, now I'll have to make sure I pick up the first episode.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Just finished Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. It was really nice.

The last section of the penultimate mission was a pain in the ass. Couldn't go stealth, and playing on hard means dying in two or three hits. My lowest score, 48%.

"Do you have any ammo on yourself?"
"No. But even if I did, what would you do? You can just shake me and make the ammo fall to the ground!"

Maybe the best part of the game, Sam talking to enemy soldiers. :lol Two of the best are in the Hokkaido level.

Now... Double Agent, or take a break?

cicero

Can't believe the sale is over already. :(

It's been quite a turbulent time for me, because I got engaged in a big project that took up a lot of my time. Helping all those gaffers get cheap ganes added to that turbulence quite a bit, but it was pretty fun. I'd like to thank people who gifted me games again (you know who you are), an especially big thanks goes to Frozen Excalibur for Divinity: Original Sin. In case someone's wondering, I'll be able to help people get games from the Russian store even beyond the sale. The GAF community is awesome.

You did an awesome job. Thank you for all of the help.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. It was really nice.

The last section of the penultimate mission was a pain in the ass. Couldn't go stealth, and playing on hard means dying in two or three hits. My lowest score, 48%.

"Do you have any ammo on yourself?"
"No. But even if I did, what would you do? You can just shake me and make the ammo fall to the ground!"

Maybe the best part of the game, Sam talking to enemy soldiers. :lol Two of the best are in the level in the Hokkaido level.

Now... Double Agent, or take a break?

Going into Double Agent, I would recommend taking a short break so you don't experience franchise fatigue.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Indeed. Especially since many of us SC fans still consider Chaos Theory to be the best and Double Agent is not nearly as good.

It sucks not being able to play Pandora Tomorrow. This way the Good:Bad ratio will be 3:2 instead of 4:2.

But other people here told me that Double Agent is not Conviction-bad level, just not as good as the three before, so maybe my expectations are too low.

zkylon

zkylewd
nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

except a mod

Should I play Enemy Within or Enemy Unknown first? is there a plot order I need to follow?

i think enemy within is just a module you attach to the main campaign

so something like you open up xcom and select if you wanna play with enemy within enabled (say yes) and that's about it

i prolly recommend you play with everything enabled.

much more fun that way, base game runs out of stuff at one point

Tellaerin

can i get a verdict on Really Big Sky?

inb4 save for winter

It's almost an infinite runner/shmup hybrid, where the stages are procedurally generated and the challenge is to just keep going for as long as you can. Solid gameplay, great soundtrack, and some really trippy neon-soaked visuals. I really enjoyed the time I put into it myself, but I enjoy scrolling shooters in general, so YMMV.

That thread ran for close to two years.

Now imagine what a SteamGAF thread that ran for two years would look like. It would need its own server. >.>

Shadownet

Banned
i think enemy within is just a module you attach to the main campaign

so something like you open up xcom and select if you wanna play with enemy within enabled (say yes) and that's about it

i prolly recommend you play with everything enabled.

much more fun that way, base game runs out of stuff at one point

When I launch the launcher it say Enemy Within and an option for Enemy Unknown.

I chose Within cause I thought it was the first game and Unknown is the second.

cicero

Could be the usual market fee just this time we're avoiding the marketplace middle man.

Isn't that marketplace middleman of the key trader or the RU region Paypal seller a necessary buffer needed to obfuscate overt purchases of games from regions with cheaper prices? I cannot believe that Valve wouldn't see this as a problem and wouldn't start cracking down somehow for any parties regularly involved in this. At the least, wouldn't Valve being in this position be seen by publishers/developers as then also being legally obligated to enforce the region pricing they already agreed to?

My first giveaway. Hope I did it right lol. I know I probably won't get around to playing these games, so I hope they go to a good home. Enjoy!

Don't forget to add me as a friend on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/blak_status

ModBot said:
Instructions for jiggsaw:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action -- MB-E6A1546773871FF7 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 12 entrants total.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-DC64393F9A662FFB - Taken by Sendou. 4 entrants total.
Wanderlust: Rebirth -- MB-336E0BC49FA9A15F - Taken by Kifimbo. 6 entrants total.
Cthulhu Saves the World -- MB-B3665497467DAF14 - Taken by Shalashaska. 8 entrants total.
Puzzle Bots -- MB-DAA44B5EA730057F
Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-EC0BDE41FB9B764E - Taken by Darth Kupi. 8 entrants total.
Lone Survivor -- MB-F5D5FF7F3055D8D3 - Taken by Sub Zero. 5 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-A8870C8B9A03990D - Taken by Chariot. 4 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-03A608BB33E9A571 - Taken by thereisnoif. 8 entrants total.
Element4l -- MB-2A885480C9BAB834 - Taken by Diedac. 7 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Puzzle Bots was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mutant Mudds Deluxe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1404172724z1.png

Ozium

Isn't that marketplace middleman of the key trader or the RU region Paypal seller a necessary buffer needed to obfuscate overt purchases of games from regions with cheaper prices? I cannot believe that Valve wouldn't see this as a problem and wouldn't start cracking down somehow for any parties regularly involved in this. At the least, wouldn't Valve being in this position be seen by publishers/developers as then also being legally obligated to enforce the region pricing they already agreed to?

Publishers have the ability to lock certain regions from trading so I don't think Valve thinks anything of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom