• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steamed turkey sandwiches (P-A)

Matlock

Banned
20041015l.jpg

BuddyC

JackFrost2012 said:
... I don't get it? Who did stab the Subway Manager in the last panel? Vivendi? I'm so confused. >_<
Gabe killed the manager because he can't stand having the "sandwich" and not being able to "eat" it.

That said, it's one of the few PAs that have actually made me laugh out loud.

BuddyChrist83 said:
Gabe killed the manager because he can't stand having the "sandwich" and not being able to "eat" it.

... I'm still completely lost. Oh well. I will just be the lone voice of dissent and say "that wasn't funny"!

JackFrost2012 said:
... I'm still completely lost. Oh well. I will just be the lone voice of dissent and say "that wasn't funny"!

It's a fucking metaphor, go back to middle school.

With that said, this is one of the best PAs ever. It's very sharp. :lol :lol :lol

WarPig

The metaphor explained:

Safeway: Vivendi
Fridge Company: Valve
Magic Refrigerator: Steam
Sandwich: Half-Life 2
Tycho: Curt Feldman
Gabe: Half-Life 2 Fan
Dead Guy: Just some poor dead fucker now

The one problem is in panel two, Tycho's finger looks like half of a big-ass flesh-toned mustache or something. Weird pose.

DFS.

StrikerObi said:
It's a fucking metaphor, go back to middle school.

With that said, this is one of the best PAs ever. It's very sharp. :lol :lol :lol

It's not a metaphor, it's just nonsense. Moreover, it's not funny at all. When I read this, my first reaction was, "man, they were having such a good streak recently, too." I hate this PA!! I WILL HATE IT UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!!

WarPig

JackFrost2012 said:
It's not a metaphor, it's just nonsense. Moreover, it's not funny at all. When I read this, my first reaction was, "man, they were having such a good streak recently, too." I hate this PA!! I WILL HATE IT UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!!

Did you live in some part of the country where they have Von's instead of Safeway, or what?

DFS.

WarPig said:
The metaphor explained:

Safeway: Vivendi
Fridge Company: Valve
Magic Refrigerator: Steam
Sandwich: Half-Life 2
Tycho: Curt Feldman
Gabe: Half-Life 2 Fan
Dead Guy: Just some poor dead fucker now

Yeah, of course I got all that. :p I just can't figure out what this has to do with Safeway or why anything in this metaphor would spur a murderous rampage. There's a lot of talk about sandwiches and then BEUM! dead guy. I don't even like turkey sandwiches. I hate this PA so much. Fuck it.

WarPig

I just can't figure out what this has to do with Safeway or why anything in this metaphor would spur a murderous rampage.

I think that half of the joke is some sort of rib on Gabe's sensitivity to suggestion.

Fuck it, I dunno, I laughed. Maybe it's just 'cuz I've dealt with enough retarded checkers at Safeway to wish them dire ill.

DFS.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like the face Gabe is making in the second panel. It makes it look like Tycho is all up in his loins. :lol

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
JackFrost2012 said:
Yeah, of course I got all that. :p I just can't figure out what this has to do with Safeway or why anything in this metaphor would spur a murderous rampage. There's a lot of talk about sandwiches and then BEUM! dead guy. I don't even like turkey sandwiches. I hate this PA so much. Fuck it.

wow, you are pretty fucking thick, you know that?

Nerevar said:
wow, you are pretty fucking thick, you know that?

fuck you!

p.s. i like your avatar
p.p.s. but that doesn't make this PA funny

EDIT: I'm not dense, I'm not stupid, I know what a metaphor is, I know what extended metaphor is, I know what every stupid thing in the turkey sandwhich analogy is supposed to represent vis a vis Steam, Vivendi, Half-Life, and Valve. I read the entire legal briefs of the suit and countersuits. That doesn't make it funny when a guy shows up dead in panel three with absolutely zero connection to what transpired in panels one and two. This strip is just an extended setup with no punchline. Boo.

EDIT 2: I haven't had cold cuts in over three years so I'm probably just really really really bitter. Also it's four A.M. and I'm so tired I'm seeing spots. Also I just really like yelling at people on GAF.

JackFrost2012 said:

:lol

BuddyC

Sure the strip is funny, but it's the numerous attempts to explain the strip to JackFrost that keep me laughing.

JackFrost2012 said:
Also I just really like yelling at people on GAF.
Funny and true.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
JackFrost2012 said:
EDIT: I'm not dense, I'm not stupid, I know what a metaphor is, I know what extended metaphor is, I know what every stupid thing in the turkey sandwhich analogy is supposed to represent vis a vis Steam, Vivendi, Half-Life, and Valve. I read the entire legal briefs of the suit and countersuits. That doesn't make it funny when a guy shows up dead in panel three with absolutely zero connection to what transpired in panels one and two. This strip is just an extended setup with no punchline. Boo.

No. You ARE dense. Gabe took the Sandwhich thing LITERALLY. He thought the grocery stores were stopping the turkey from being delivered to his fridge, so he went to his local grocery store and stabbed the owner.

Oh and...

:lol

IntestineBoy

Sasquatch of 1000 (hairy) colons
For some reason, I can see their cartoon versions talking like this, but not the real-life versions of them.

Edit: I took the pic down cause I felt bad. Heh. Gosh, I'm dumb.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
nitewulf said:
ok that one is very funny. but was jackfrost actually being serious about not getting it? :/

As a teacher, I am sad to say that he might very well have been serious. I've just spent a week trying to get kids to understand that Swift's A Modest Proposal is satiric in nature.

WarPig

IntestineBoy said:
For reference, a poking fun picture of them:

I can't find any way of hassling them about that kinda thing. I mean, fuck, if I could draw a not-ugly me, I sure as fuck would.

If I could make a living drawing a comic strip where I could say "fuck" whenever I wanted, I'd do that too, actually.

DFS.

Top Bottom