• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things: The Game available for free on iOS / Android

hydruxo

Trailer

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/10/04/stranger-things-the-game-being-published-by-netflix-watch-the-trailer-here.aspx
Ahead of the October 27 release of Stranger Things season 2, Netflix is publishing Stranger Things: The Game, a mobile retro title designed to invoke Zelda with the characters of Stranger Things.

If you haven't seen season 1 of Stranger Things, first of all, you should really get on that. Second of all, you won't understand how the game misses the correct era by a generation or two, but the SNES-style graphics make the world of Stranger Things come alive a bit better than a more period-appropriate graphics style might.

Different characters from the games have different abilities, with the wrist rocket making an obvious appearance. Explore Hawkins and the Upside Down and solve the various puzzles of Stranger Things.

The game releases today on both iOS and Google Play Store and is completely free-to-play with no extra purchases. Check out the trailer below and take it for a spin later today.

StrangerThings_2D00_610.jpg

App Store
Google Play

Haven't tried it out yet but it looks pretty well done in that trailer at least

Zelda is a really good accurate way to describe this game. Just finished the first dungeon.

Edit: If you collect 8 tapes in the game you can watch a trailer with exclusive footage from Stranger Things

atr0cious

Yeah, it's actually not bad. The combat is kind of fun once it gets going, though I'm playing on normal. The way it's introduced the basic systems of objectives and backtracking are encouraging, so I hope there's enough game to go with it.

CREMSteve

Yeah, it's actually not bad. The combat is kind of fun once it gets going, though I'm playing on normal. The way it's introduced the basic systems of objectives and backtracking are encouraging, so I hope there's enough game to go with it.
Click on your backpack and you can see all the various collectibles there are to find.

KodaRuss

Played a bit of it. Its not bad. Much deeper than I thought it would be. I need to find someone who can smash things right now...

played it for a minute. Love the graphics, music, controls. Menu reveals lots of unlock-able characters (8 total), tools, money, key cards, upgrades, quest items, 40 heart pieces to find (every 4 give you +1 health), 12 gnomes and the message "can you find them all?" and the last page that labeled collections, and has 2 groups of 8, and a line at the bottom that says "Grab an eggo and VHS in each dungeon. Where will you put them?" So 8 dungeons?

Click to move/interact/talk/attack. Think Zelda Phantom Hourglass meets maniac mansion meets Stranger Things.

Top Bottom