• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 3 3rd Limited Edition...out yet? (Japan)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Been looking for the LE pack and all I'm seeing is the regular edition...is this actually out yet, or did it actually sell out that fast? (I'm in Japan, so I'm not talking about importers)

mosaic

go eat paint
Someone answer his question....

And then after that, tell me if this bad boy is coming to the US. ?!

(I've been waaaaaaaaaaay out of the loop)

Brofist

I know both were scheduled for July 22, but I've only seen the regular version stocked. I have to ask what is in the LE set for it to be almost 9000 yen from the standard version 3500 yen price?

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
kpop100 said:
I have to ask what is in the LE set for it to be almost 9000 yen from the standard version 3500 yen price?

"[Street Fighter III 3rd Strike ~ Fight for the Future - Limited Edition]...... will be bundled with a SFIII Gamest Strategy Guide, Special DVD (strategy guide with a collection of combos videos), and a 300 pcs SFIII Jigsaw Puzzle. The Limited Edition will be sold for 8,800 yen."

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0406/game060904d.shtml

Lyte Edge

Okay, does anyone know what the LE is called in Japanese? They didn't understand "Street Fighter III LE arimasu ka?" ^_^;

Lyte Edge

Ferrio said:
Street fighter anniversary?

Nope...Japan gets teh rip-offz and got Hyper SF2 last year, and 3rd Strike by itself this year, although both would cost about $60-$70 together, which is the price of one game anyway. U.S. defintely gets the best deal. Can't wait to get it for Xbox. :)

Lyte Edge

XS+ said:
http://www.e-capcom.com/shop/?goods=1204868

You could try printing out the link above (you have a printer?) and and showing the page to the store clerk. That's what I had to do last year when I was hunting down the Ikaruga superplay DVD.

I don't have a printer...the dorm I'm does, but you need to provide the paper it seems. :)

BUT...that link answered my question. It comes out(or gets restocked?) 7/31, apparently.

Lyte Edge

I found the LE today! *USED* only...and expensive. One store had it for almost double the price, the other had it for 11800 yen, which I went for. Bought a white PS2 too. :)

Lyte Edge

ourumov said:
I am waiting for your impressions Lyte Edge !!!

Maybe in a few days. :) I bought a capture card for my laptop, so if that works, I can actually PLAY the PS2 while I'm here. :)

I did try the game out briefly in one of the stores in Akihabara....worked very well with the PS2 controller. IMO the game is definitely more responsive than the DC port, and it appears to be based on the arcade version, so stuff missing from the DC port is in there. You get two screen modes; the default blurs the screen (more so than the DC port it would seem), but I don't remember seeing any black bars on the side of the screen, and a regular setting, with everything low res and pixellated like the arcade. It may have been the (high quality!) TV monitor that the game was demoing on, but the PS2 version also looked better than the DC port to me, with more color and such.

Top Bottom