• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike online match thread

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Now that 3rd Strike works on X360's, lets all break our copies out, do the screwdriver mod to our controllers, and get fightin'!

My GT: The Fatghost

I'll be online later tonight.

Also, if you get a chance:

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike does have a slow down issue.

When both characters are jumping, and one of them has a super jump that goes beyond the screen (like Oro or Necro) 3/4 times, there will be a slow down or hitch. Seems to be related to moving the screen...happens more when you are jumping toward or away than straight up or down.

You can test it by going to training mode and setting the dummy character to jump and doing super jumps with the other character.

Email MS at backcomp@microsoft.com and get this issue fixed! (and ask them to get Marvel vs Capcom 2 BC as well)

MMaRsu

Damnit I was just gonna open this :lol

But that's cool, since your the one who was probably asking the most for this game to be BC :lol .

Man I HAVE to pick this up tomorrow even though I got no cash at the moment, well I got 100 bucks left but that's for the rent. So I'll just trade in like whatever for it :D .

SFAC is the king baby

qcf x2

You guys can holla at me, USVI STAR is my tag.

I am hardly ever on and I dont know if I can find my headset, but I'll try and make some time for the greatness that is SF3. We need an arcade stick or a converter STAT, because I don't think the 360 shoulder buttons are gonna cut it.

Now if only I could use my Saturn USB pads on the 360... Anyway my tag is CryingFreemanYo. I'll probably lag tho, internet sucks down here...

qcf x2 said:
You guys can holla at me, USVI STAR is my tag.

I am hardly ever on and I dont know if I can find my headset, but I'll try and make some time for the greatness that is SF3. We need an arcade stick or a converter STAT, because I don't think the 360 shoulder buttons or D-Pad are gonna cut it.

Fixed for the sad truth. :(

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
how in the **** do you invite friends to play?

the whole friends option is missing from the main online menu AND you can't access your friends on the guide button because it's a BC game

WTF

I'm your huckleberry.

Gamertag: ShoNuff1982

Though I'll have to try this Dpad mod trick, as I tried playing 3rd strike today with laughable results on the 360 pad.

LakeEarth

LakeEarth v1

And my account JUST went to silver a few days ago. I'll upgrade of course, but I'm going on a trip this weekend so I won't be playing for a bit. But whoever wants to face the GAF SF3rd Strike tournament runner-up, give me a shout.

crunker99

I am always up for match wil be on later

GamersReportsDM is my tag

i will play with the 360 d-pad shaved out on the inside, it helps a lot

once i get my ps2 to xbox360 pad converter review sample (the XFPS) and i can use my saturn PS2 pad,

then U ARE ALL DEADz0r lol

join me later tonight

Mirimar

crunker99 said:

once i get my ps2 to xbox360 pad converter review sample (the XFPS) and i can use my saturn PS2 pad,

join me later tonight

Is there actually one? I've been looking for a converter that worked.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The BC is definitely going to have me playing SF3 again. Hyper SF2 too...screw SF2 Turbo on Live Arcade now. :)

Tag is Lyte Edge. I think my friends list might just be about full; if it is let me know and I'll delete a bunch of the GAFfers that never seem to be online. :p

rocK`

Banned
what what WHAT

whats going on? I'm at amazon.com about to buy this game, tell me what happened, why can we play it on 360 now...whats GOING ON

Hey Cerrius, sorry about those short intervals of lag. Hope it didn't bother you too much. And for someone who's supposed to suck, you sure are pretty decent. :]

jobber said:
how in the **** do you invite friends to play?

the whole friends option is missing from the main online menu AND you can't access your friends on the guide button because it's a BC game

WTF
Press start.

:eek:

MMaRsu

MicVlaD said:
I'm gonna add you, MMaRsu. That way, we don't have to worry about lag.

EDIT: I think your friends list is full.

I'll delete some people tonight, first gotta go to work :(

qcf x2

StickyFingers said:
Dayumn!! I've waited a long time for this game to be BC. And online too.

For the record, Rock Bogard.

That's Garou: MotW.

And forget a Saturn pad, I've got an arcade stick waiting for when a converter hits the market. Of course, if a company would release a nice stick for the 360, I'd spend (waste) money on it.

If you guys want practice add me. Regret Truth.:lol

I'm the biggest 3rd Strike wanna be fanboi. I used to be awesome at SFII back on SNES but I pretty much quit 2D/3D fighters for the last 8 years.
Ken FTW

You can usually catch me online after 9pm EST.

crunker99

my GAMESTOP in long island new york, phone 516 485 3024, has 4 BRAND NEW copies for 19.99 and 1 used! Hurry up if u are in the area, i bought one myself!

crunker99 said:
FOR THOSE WHO WANTED THE LINK TO THE PS2 ON XBOX360 PAD ADAPTER:

http://www.xcm.cc/xcm_xfps_360.htm

there is the unit's homepage, you can search google for where to buy

as SOON as i get my review sample i will post and let u guys know how it is

Hmmm. The Anniversary arcade stick is universal both with Xbox and PS2. Does this mean I could plug in the PS2 adaptor into the XCM with positive results?

The 360 pad does does help any with my already weak fighting skills.

milkham

crunker99 said:

join me later tonight

i saw instructions about shaving off plastic to fix the dpad, but i thought the pictures were unclear. what exactly do you shave off? the inner edge of that lip that surrounds the dpad or something underneath the actual grey dpad?

oh and does this keybpard ps2 adapter let you play guitar hero with ps2 axes?

neptunes

milkham said:
i saw instructions about shaving off plastic to fix the dpad, but i thought the pictures were unclear. what exactly do you shave off? the inner edge of that lip that surrounds the dpad or something underneath the actual grey dpad?
I think you just shave the rim around the dpad, but not too much.

crunker99

u basically stick the razor inside the dpad and shave off the plastic so that when the dpad is pressed all the way right or left IT DOES NOT TOUCH THE PLASTIC AT ALL

the default plastic width makes it touch the sides of the plastic BEFORE it gets all the way right or left, which is why it makes it so easy to slip up or down too far

shave the inside of the white plastic round around the dpad so that when u are pressing all the way left right up or down there is nothign touching the white rim at all on the inside, ever, in any direction

again, as i said, when i get an XCM XFPS review sample, i will tell u what works, MAS sticks, ps2 saturn pads, etc etc, i have it all

usea

Makoto foreverrrr bitches.

I wish I had an xbox, but I'm too poor. Maybe NullDC will have netplay in the future and I will be able to use my DC copy.

CHESTO!

qcf x2 said:
That's Garou: MotW.

And forget a Saturn pad, I've got an arcade stick waiting for when a converter hits the market. Of course, if a company would release a nice stick for the 360, I'd spend (waste) money on it.
Yeah, good game, still have it on my DC.

But that's not the point, it's my Gamertag: Rock Bogard

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
3rd Strike is on the BC list now? Very nice! Time to tear apart one of my wireless 360 controllers and build a Chun-Li hentai themed arcade stick.

:D

RyuHayate

Router said:
3rd Strike is on the BC list now? Very nice! Time to tear apart one of my wireless 360 controllers and build a Chun-Li hentai themed arcade stick.

:D

Take pictures and PM me afterwards.

KurowaSan

i just bought the game from ebay, before it starts getting more and more expensive :lol
hopefully i'll have it by next week. We gotta make some kind of GAF tournament or something, or maybe a fixed date and hour when we can play all together.
i didn't play any game against gaffers on SF2HF and i want to, this time :D

A combination of me not playing for a long time + not playing on a pad for a REALLY long time = no wins last night :( That XCM thing needs to come out ASAP so I can play SFAC the way God intended.

I'd also like to add, that the japanese version works fine on a North American 360. I was worried about that since my copy is an import, but it worked fine last night.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
MicVlaD said:
Delete some then :)p), if you are indeed from The Netherlands. We already got four people in here who can speak Dutch anyway.

I just saw your message on XBL... :)

I'm "sorta" from The Netherlands - you'll get what I mean when I add you later...

fin

I have it for PS2, but since the Xbox version has Live I'll pick it up after work.

Does the Xbox version still have the Street Fighter Anime on it?

gamertag = Finjitzu send me an invite with the message "gaf" or "SF3"

I'm not too good (more of a Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 guy).

crunker99

fin said:
I have it for PS2, but since the Xbox version has Live I'll pick it up after work.

Does the Xbox version still have the Street Fighter Anime on it?

gamertag = Finjitzu send me an invite with the message "gaf" or "SF3"

I'm not too good (more of a Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 guy).

yup yup

in the sf2 gallery mode
is the whole anime movie lol

GO CYBER SAGAT!

'sup, for anyone in europe, or any others awake at awkward hours my gamertag is Martial Loh

put GAF-SF3 in the message so I know you ain't a (complete) random!
Im not bad at alpha 3 & CvS2.... my sf2 play is pretty lame though.
looking forward to fightin' ya's!

MMaRsu

DAMNIT! I went to every frikkin store today and none had it anymore! I checked some sites last night and they had it! They ****ing had it! I went today after work and it was sold out!

MMaRsu said:
DAMNIT! I went to every frikkin store today and none had it anymore! I checked some sites last night and they had it! They ****ing had it! I went today after work and it was sold out!

Shouldn't have sold your original copy then!

*continues playing SF III*

Nikashi

Banned
Nikashi here, is it just me, or did the game running through BC like, Fix the netcode? I've never had such lag free games before..

Top Bottom