• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike online match thread

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
I'll be on and ready to play this weekend (long weekend here in Canada).

My GT is The Fatghost. If you want to throw down, hit me up.

Fatghost said:
I'll be on and ready to play this weekend (long weekend here in Canada).

My GT is The Fatghost. If you want to throw down, hit me up.

I suck. GT is "CoolGuy4Life". If you want to play some SF, hit it up. I play CVS2 and CFE too. I will be on VF5 when it hits too, hehe.

Peace.

SOLDIER

How smoothly is the online play? Is there lag of any kind? And how many people log on daily?

I just got a 360, so I've been considering buying a couple used Xbox fighting games with an online mode, provided they run smoothly and have a healthy dose of players to fight against. Recommendations would be great.

SOLDIER said:
How smoothly is the online play? Is there lag of any kind? And how many people log on daily?

I just got a 360, so I've been considering buying a couple used Xbox fighting games with an online mode, provided they run smoothly and have a healthy dose of players to fight against. Recommendations would be great.

It can be crappy at times. When I play, it's usually late at night, so I get a fair amountof playable games.

I am in the process of getting my mas stick fixed (joystick went out), so I haven't been on lately. I say late at night, there is a good chance of you getting a good game going.

SOLDIER said:

You should have no problems finding players at any given time and I rarely experienced any lag, even when the opponent supposedly had a bad connection. I live in Europe and when I played against a guy from Canada, he was still able to pull off a red parry, so that's saying something about the netcode...

Don't get Hyper Fighting on XBLA though: its netcode is noticeably worse when compared to SF: AC's, even after the patch.

SOLDIER

The game runs pretty darn smoothly, but unfortunately that 360 pad is killing me. I haven't played in a while, but I know that when my brain thinks "Shoryuken", my thumbs respond instantly.

Unless someone can name a good alternative to the 360 pad (preferably wireless and NOT an arcade stick), I might have to give this a pass.

loudog999

galactus_eat_world said:
GAMERTAG: galactus83

If anyone wants to play a few rounds. Its the only game I have so im on most of the time

Your totally toast once I see you online

GAMERTAG loudog999

Pengew

loudog999 said:
Your totally toast once I see you online

GAMERTAG loudog999

Chyeah right bro! Ive seen your move set and I thought I was at a dump....because it was complete garbage!

loudog999

galactus_eat_world said:
Chyeah right bro! Ive seen your move set and I thought I was at a dump....because it was complete garbage!

I guess we all cant just pick the cheapest characters with the cheapest moves to do over and over. Talk about a smelly move set.

Pengew

loudog999 said:
I guess we all cant just pick the cheapest characters with the cheapest moves to do over and over. Talk about a smelly move set.

I guess it would be better if i just picked Ken all the time and did nothing but foot sweeps...oh wait that would be you..you do know that there are other characters bro...

JavaMava

hey you guys want to set a time to play this?

They got a SF3 machine at my college and I got my ass royally handed to me my first day there. I guess it might be because I haven't touched the games since the Dreamcast days, but still it took several inches off my gamer penis.

Anyways I got it on the xbox now and I have an arcade stick. I wouldn't mind playing against a human oppenent to sharpen up. I've just been practicing against the CPU and watching Daigo vids.

I live in the UTC/GMT -5 hours time zone and can set up to play a match at basically any time on the weekends, and after 5pm on weekdays.

EDIT - found some people playing tonight online. The first guy just murdered me for 4 matches then left.

The next guy beat me for about 5 matches. He played the same character for the first 2, but then started switching up since I guess he didn't think I was much of a challenge. Every match I was getting closer and closer and by about the 6th match I finally won! Then he went back to his main character and went full out. The awesome thing is it ended in a double KO on the 3rd round and the judges declared me the winner. He then preceded to pummel me the next few matches before I called it a night.

Great fun. Felt like I'm actually playing with some direction instead of spamming a move and hoping for the best.

Top Bottom