• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter AC for Xbox: Japanese version FULLY playable on U.S. Systems!!

WordofGod

Banned
Eggo said:
That's bizarre. No Friends option in the game? WTH? I'll beat you down in a few days, don't worry. Your coffin is in the mail... or hopefully on a plane right now.

This is the Enquirer (Andrew Cockburn) from Gamefan. Who is this? Eric, the redheaded kid I use to know who worshipped anime? If you are him, I will work you @ SF3 just like I use to back @ the Gamefan office. :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PhatSaqs said:
I figured out how to view friends/invites and such. You have to press start at the XBL screen. Weird.

Good to know the Friends List is there. :)

I should have my copy tomorrow.

Ryu

If your name is Ryu, you have a Ken avatar, and your tag deals with Street Fighter, you should be giving US impressions, not the other way around.

Indeed, that should be the case, and yet -- I'm uncharacteristically broke at the moment. How unfortunate for the rest of the world. :(

MoxManiac

You been playing SVC Chaos at all? I can't play charge characters at all online. I don't know if it's lag or if the game is very strict on special move timing, but if I get 3 sonic booms out in one match it's a miracle. :(

It's not your fault, SNK (and Playmore in this case) suck ass at implementing charge characters.

rastex

Banned
toohectic said:
I've have an SCII stick that I use regularly with every adapter type (PS2>GC, PS2>DC, PS2>XBox) and all work flawlessly. It's completely dependent on the adapter itself. You just need an adapter that works with pure digital sticks only and does not require that the stick have analog support.

So what adapter are you using specifically? I don't care for voice support.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Yeah I'd like to know as well. Every adapter i've tried have all introduced button lag to the game. I've been rollin with the "S" for a while, but I think that might have to come to an end if I want to be competitive at all in 3S.

rastex said:
Where can I find it??

That should be totally fine for now, until I go to the States and can order my sweet sweet MAS.
Pacific Mall up in Markham. Most of the stores have them in stock, usually the SCII and Tekken 4 ones but I've heard that the Tekken 4 ones have problems with 3S.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
xbox-magicbox.jpg

I swear by this adaptor. The Hori SC2 stick works fine with it. I have to test the Real Arcade Pro (highly recommended btw), but I assume it'll be fine as well. The added bonus is that you can use the heavenly Saturn pads if sticks aren't your thing.

toohectic

The adapters I've used...

PS2 -> Xbox: The ones I use regularly are my friends. He bought them at Walmart and they are dual function PS2 -> Xbox and PS2 -> GC adapters. Unfortunately they don't have a manufacturers name on it anywhere and we don't have the box anymore, so I have no idea what the brand name is. It's just got a weird E or G signal type symbol on the front. I've seen them online before, so I'll look around to see if I can find a picture. Anyway, they are really flat and long. Same width & height as the PS2 controller-plug, but about 3 to 4 inches long. This is what is DOESN'T look like! My SCII and Namco sticks work perfect with the PS2 -> Xbox function, yet don't work at all with the PS2 -> GC function. (So I have another adapter that I use for the GC). So I highly recommend this one for an XBox converter, but not as a GC converter. If I can't find a picture, I'll see if my friend can take a picture of his.

This PS2->Xbox converter also works, but it is very hard to find. (I think they are more common in Europe.) It's think it's called the X-Connection. http://www.viewonline.com/pages/articles/images/X Connection2.jpg

PS2 -> GC: The one I have is made by Tototek. It's a PS2 and PS/2 (keyboard) adapter for GC. Can be found here: http://www.tototek.com/pio/main1/SUBMENU/PARTS/LINKS/GC/gckeyboard2in1us.htm

PS2 -> DC: I've used a ton of random ebay ones and all have worked. In fact, I don't think I've run across one that doesn't. I think any converter you find should be fine. I can't guarantee that though.

Lyte Edge

MoxManiac said:
It's not your fault, SNK (and Playmore in this case) suck ass at implementing charge characters.

No, no they don't. Even Chaos' (which has the worst implementation of charge moves I've ever seen...especially for vertical supers) charge characters moves are very easy to do; I don't know what you guys are doing wrong. Keep in mind that for VERTICAL charges in Chaos, you have to charge straight down; down back won't work. It may be the same for horizontal charges. If holding back for 2 seconds doesn't work, hold it for 3.

SNK games always have great charge characters. Leona, Kim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Guile, Charlie. :p

toohectic

Here's the one I was referring to. It's made by Gemini and I think it's called the Gemini Universal Controller Adapter.
gemini-xbox.jpg

Again.. works great for pure digital sticks (like the OG Namco, or the new Hori SCII stick) for the PS2->Xbox conversion, but requires analog for the PS2->GC conversion. So only get it if you want a PS2->XBox adapter.

toohectic

Lyte Edge said:
Keep in mind that for VERTICAL charges in Chaos, you have to charge straight down; down back won't work. It may be the same for horizontal charges.
You CAN charge down-back. You just have to go to straight down before going up. In other words.... [d/b],d,u+K. It's a little akward at first but l got used to it pretty quickly. Anyway despite that you can easily compensate for it, I still don't think it should have been implemented that way.

Leguna

Banned
border:
Am I buying a copy of SF3 for XBOX live? Was there ever any doubt???

TO ALL:
COME CHALLENGERS, THIS WEEKEND I SHALL HAVE THE GAME! ALL THAT WISH TO DIE BY MY SKILLS COME FORWARD AND MEET YOUR FATE!!! We can set meeting times online. I am the greatest SF3 player that ever lived (except for a guy I know who is slightly better that now lives in Japan who is my most worthy opponent, KA-CHUN).

Lyte Edge

Leguna is my bitch as he's getting the copy from me. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT UNTIL YOU ADMIT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN GETTING YOUR ASS KICKED LEFT AND RIGHT BY EVERYONE FOR THE PAST YEAR. HAW HAW HAW

I hope to find at least two people online this weekend. ^_^; It's at least good to know that importers are selling out.

MoxManiac

The fact alone that you can't dual charge a vertical and horizontal with down/back is enough to make snk/playmore's charging implementation suck.

Lyte Edge

MoxManiac said:
The fact alone that you can't dual charge a vertical and horizontal with down/back is enough to make snk/playmore's charging implementation suck.

What you want to say is "The fact alone that you can't dual charge a vertical and horizontal with down/back is enough to make **SNK VS CAPCOM CHAOS'** charging implementation suck."

It's not all Playmore games. It is weird that Chaos is like this, but you get used to it, and it makes things a little different. But Chaos probably won't be getting too much more play time from me now that SF AC is out. :) I see that KOF 2002 is also hitting Xbox Live in Japan this year; wonder if it will be like SF AC and fully playable on U.S. systems....

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
WordofGod said:
This is the Enquirer (Andrew Cockburn) from Gamefan. Who is this? Eric, the redheaded kid I use to know who worshipped anime? If you are him, I will work you @ SF3 just like I use to back @ the Gamefan office. :p

For shame, Andrew. You should know me. You can beat my Ryu with Zangief, but if I use Dhalsim, you have no chance. I'm no Shidoshi. I'm your worst nightmare, so RESPECT that.

Phatsaqs, you're lucky. Someone at customs or UPS jacked my copy, so the carnage is delayed a few days till Play-Asia finds out what the hell is going on and resends a copy. Straight from my UPS tracker:

"Oct 28, 2004 13:21:25 US LOS ANGELES MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS.;ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE
Oct 28, 2004 06:00:00 US LOS ANGELES IMMEDIATE INSPECTION OF PACKAGE REQUESTED BY CUSTOMS OR UP-PRESENT PACKAGE AT CUSTOMS OFFICE;UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY CODE "

I have to settle for DOA Ultimate and MK Deception for now.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Ryu said:
And yet still no real good online play impressions... #*&%&*^#%&%%
Not much to tell you really. It plays great with peeps inside the states, horrible outside. As always, your mileage is going to vary playing any game online as long as the majority of your playtime isnt serverely influenced by lag it should be all good.

I'd say say i've experienced less lag overall with this than in CvS2.

Eggo said:
Phatsaqs, you're lucky. Someone at customs or UPS jacked my copy, so the carnage is delayed a few days till Play-Asia finds out what the hell is going on and resends a copy. Straight from my UPS tracker
Dont make excuses brah :lol. If you scurred say you scurred.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Lyte Edge said:
No, no they don't. Even Chaos' (which has the worst implementation of charge moves I've ever seen...especially for vertical supers) charge characters moves are very easy to do; I don't know what you guys are doing wrong. Keep in mind that for VERTICAL charges in Chaos, you have to charge straight down; down back won't work. It may be the same for horizontal charges. If holding back for 2 seconds doesn't work, hold it for 3.

SNK games always have great charge characters. Leona, Kim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Guile, Charlie. :p

I think this is incorrect. I thought this was true before I tried with a stick on the PS2 version. With the standard pad, hold back/down diagonal was impossible to charge either a flash kick or a sonic boom. Once I tried a stick (specifically the Soul Calibur II stick with the three system output) charging both vertical and horizontal charge moves became as easy as it ever was before. I'm almost curious enough to get a copy of SVC for xbox just to check it out online.

manngc

How are the on-line matches handled in the game (SF3)? Is there anything like DOAU's arcade mode in it? Or is it just Opti and Quick matches? Lobbies?

Mann

PhatSaqs

Banned
manngc said:
How are the on-line matches handled in the game (SF3)? Is there anything like DOAU's arcade mode in it? Or is it just Opti and Quick matches? Lobbies?

Mann
None of that. It's just like CvS2 with the exception of being able to see how many total created available matches are in the queue.

Alf

Banned
DarkGiygas said:
Pacific Mall up in Markham. Most of the stores have them in stock, usually the SCII and Tekken 4 ones but I've heard that the Tekken 4 ones have problems with 3S.
Is it possible for you to get me the Soul Calibur 2 Hori stick? I'd be willing to pay for everything and a little extra for your troubles

PhatSaqs

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/02/news_6112062.html

Reasoning behind the recall:
After days of silence punctuated only by terse "no comment" emails, an official statement on the recall of the Xbox version of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection has come from Capcom's offices in Osaka. The company line is that the game, which was discovered to be free of region coding upon its release last week in Japan, suffers from a music bug. Specifically, the stage background music for the character Hugo doesn't play correctly when the game is set to Original sound mode.

And this is funny:
Capcom has requested that anyone who purchased the game contact its customer support hotline, and the company will exchange the disc with the fixed version. But, said the company, the fixed version of the game will not be ready until at least one month from now.

Lyte Edge

A tournament would rock, and we'd probably have very little lag since so few people are playing online.

LOL at the official reason for the recall; I still want to know if the next batch will be region free or not. :)

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I finally got my copy. PlayAsia had to send a second one because the first was intercepted by customs and discovered to be empty... right. Anyway, I played online tonight and I'm a little disappointed. My MAS stick runs a PS2 out through an innovation Xbox adaptor, and it results in a slight delay between when I hit the button and when moves come out. It's like a half second lag which is annoying and can get you killed. When I played briefly with the controller pad, this problem wasn't there. So I have to get a direct Xbox joystick custom made now. In the meantime, I'll try to adapt to the Xbox pad.

Gamertag: Eggo

Who wans some? Post your gamertags so I know who to look for.

Lyte Edge

I'll be starting to play online tomorrow night. We need to make a thread in the online gaming forum instead of here; let's make a mini-tournament.

levious

Gamertag: levious

what do I need to do to have the headset on while using a stick? Can I have the headset coming from the player 2 port?

Hardly anyone is online right now, and randomly finding a match is a pain... but I've enjoyed playing so far.

rastex

Banned
My order STILL hasn't come in! It says it got shipped on the 27th of October, so it's gotta be here soon soon soon!

PhatSaqs

Banned
I saw you online last night levious but your connection kept coming back with "Worst" so I never challenged you for fear of the lag headed monster.

levious

ah, yeah after spending like an hour trying to get a game, I realized that I had stuff downloading on my PC... my mistake. I've only fought like 5 times online, but only one had lag that meant something to me. I'll hit you up tonight if I see you online.

How do you look at people who are playing online? Is the only way to do it through the friends list?

Lyte Edge

Guys, I made a thread for this game in the online gaming forum. Let's shift the discussion there.

Still haven't found a match online yet. :\

Top Bottom