• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - IGN review

Deku Tree said:
Is there any word on whether or not the xbox will get some Nuby SF controllers too?

TRIEU: Console gaming fans for the PS2 is really excited about the themed controllers that Nuby Tech, along with Udon's art is about to unveil displaying Capcom's Street Fighter characters. How many characters in total does Nuby Tech plan to release for these controllers? Do you also plan on releasing these controllers for other systems as well?

Nuby Tech: We have four character specific controllers (Akuma, Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li) slated for release in August at the moment. NubyTech is currently still deciding whether or not to release a complete line of Street Fighter character specific controllers, but it definitely still a possibility. NubyTech has plans for Xbox Street Fighter products but what they are and when it will be released is still a secret. I mean I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you!

http://www.snk-capcom.com/interviews/archives/00000007.htm

XS+

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
SFIII has been ignored for far too long.
That's the truth. I've been playing all versions of III since '97 in arcades everywhere and I haven't faced serious comp until 2000 (right after the DC release).

LakeEarth

XS+ said:
That's the truth. I've been playing all versions of III since '97 in arcades everywhere and I haven't faced serious comp until 2000 (right after the DC release).

I've only seen the first Street Fighter III version once, in an arcade that soon closed down. In my entire city. Every other one had Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom and Virtua Fighter... even a few Capcom vs SNK, but no SF3 :(

Jagernaut

BenT said:
It's possibly the most in-depth fighting game strategy guide ever published in the US ... and from Brady no less. A very refreshing surprise.

And yes, it actually does have a bit of nice art.

I flipped through the SF Ann Coll guide at EB the other day. It's pretty good, but i don't think it is better than the Versus Books SFA2 guide.

Ploid 3.0

DarkGiygas said:
Funny how everyone likes 3S now, after seeing the Daigo video. There were what, 3 fans on here before?

I made a thread a while back asking why haven't Street Fighter3 come out on any of the newer (DC not included) platforms. If they were powerful enough and such. MoxManiac posted in the thread also. I mentioned that I had uber limited access to the game and I would like to have it. Some doubted that it would be released on the new platforms because it's a old game and I bowed my head and didn't even wright a letter to capcom. And what do you know, it's on it's way to PS2 verrrrry soon >:) EXELLENT!

Bog

Junior Ace
kevm3 said:
What's supposed to be special about the strategy guide? Will it have a lot of artwork or something in it?

My buddy mopreme wrote the 3s section with a friend of his. He pretty much lives SF3:3s and I think finished top 7 at Evo a year ago. So for a change, it's written by someone who knows the game.

Shoryuken

Bog said:
My buddy mopreme wrote the 3s section with a friend of his. He pretty much lives SF3:3s and I think finished top 7 at Evo a year ago. So for a change, it's written by someone who knows the game.

From what I've read in the strategy guide, your friend did a very nice job.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Actually, several years ago I remember seeing massive dissmisals of SFIII and 3rd Strike on the Street Fighter forums. Maybe it's just me, but it seems the attitude started to change after one of the tournaments a couple of years ago where the top US players went to Japan and got utterly, smashingly owned in 3rd Strike by the home team. Am I mistaken, or did the US team fail to win a single ROUND against the Japan defenders? It had to be close to zero rounds, at least.

I recall the reaction at the time seemed like "Uh.. uh.. oh.. wow. We don't really know how to play this game, do we?"

Sure seems after that, SFIII respect increases every month in the US and people are really learning how to play the game.

Alf

Banned
Justin Wong (the same guy who got parried on in that infamous video) beat KSK, an Alex player who constantly ranks in the top 10 at evo, in I think the first match of the 5-on-5 exhibition 2 years ago. After that it' was all down hill as top rated Urien player unleashed an Aegis Reflector unblockable combo in the corner apparenlty never seen by much of the crowd. Wong was also beaten with a perfect by a Yun player, who opened many people's eyes about Yun Genei Jin super and the incredible potential it had. After that, long time SF vertern Alex Valle beat one of the Japanese players 1 round and that's all if I remember correctly

PhatSaqs

Banned
Kaijima said:
Actually, several years ago I remember seeing massive dissmisals of SFIII and 3rd Strike on the Street Fighter forums.
The SF3 series just never garnered much attention due to the lackluster original which was filled with BS (Yun/Yang canned combo of doom, Oro Tengue Stone, etc.). 2nd Impact was beat down by Ibuki and Akuma but had alot more balance with Sean, Yun & Ryu also being good. 3rd Strike is by far the most popular and the most balanced of the 3. Coincidence?

doncale

Banned
i think i played the first SF3 in arcade once. it was okay, i thought, but at that time, i was long past street fighter series and heavily into the Tekken series, Tekken 3 in especially.

and now, even though I have all 3 SF3 games on Dreamcast, I dont play much of it at all. heck, I've played more Street Fighter 1 / Fighting Street than I have of all of the SF3 games, combined.

shibbs

I like SF3 a lot but why did they put in all those "creatures" (like twelve). Those arent real street fighters.

Top Bottom