• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

MCD250

Feels like the timing of the FX animation could be improved. Still, it obscures the crappiness significantly.
Yeah, I mean, part of the problem with the air throw animation is that Cammy just kinda stays horizontal, stiff as a board, while her body spins around. It looks goofy as hell. The little whirlwind effect at least hides that a little bit plus it gives the animation a more kinetic quality, making it look like she is moving more than she actually is.

It's a good start for a fix, at any rate.

jett

D-Member
It's the same garbage animation, they're just trying to hide it a little.

sT1Gnsx.gif

Whoever they paid to animate this or fix it, is ripping them off.

kikiribu

I’m still not completely satisfied with it but the wind effect at least hides it a bit. She still stays in the air too long at the end and looks kinda stiff in comparison to all the godlike animations in this game. Either delete it from the game or shorten it to a half spin and make her drop instantly after

HardRojo

Sim's invincible man costume is kinda weird tbh. It looks more like he is made of bandages rather than covered in bandages. I guess making bandages react realistically to his movements (e.g., having them not stretch alongside him, or not stretch as much as him) would have wrecked the gameplay from a visual standpoint.

The bandage texture on his belly is really low res tho. Doesn't look good when he does his critical art.

The point of the costume is that he's made of bandages I think, the character is hollow in that costume.

VariantX

It's the same garbage animation, they're just trying to hide it a little.

sT1Gnsx.gif

Whoever they paid to animate this or fix it, is ripping them off.

It looks like shes skydiving. If they would just whip her legs around or something. Just something to sell the sense of momentum.

The Orz

Crap, so many great costumes this time around. Even Urien's Gill looks slick (wasn't too impressed by the release screenshot). Do I bite the bullet and get Dhalsim (and learn to play him) now or wait until next Halloween and hope Capcom releases a cheaper Halloween 2017 bundle?

I don't play as Bison, either, but that costume makes me want to pick him up, too. Arg!

Blueblur1

So X-Kira put this video out.

https://youtu.be/PI93-_4JErg

It seems like Zeku’s spot in the roster is now reserved in the game code.

Also, he shared his previous stage posts and added “COMING!” to all of them. Probably in response to me prodding him several times in his posts’ comments today. I guess now he wants to be clear about them. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.facebook.com/shinxkira/posts/475868612796040

He also shared his previous post and now referred to the new Shadaloo stage as a ‘Neo Shadaloo stage’.

https://www.facebook.com/shinxkira/posts/475869226129312

HardRojo

I'm loving the new BGM features. You know Capcom, keep it up and I might fall in love with SFV all over again.
Edit: Neo Shadaloo stage? That'd be sick! Also, hopefully we'll get some sort of second Story mode that focuses on Ed and his attempt at building Neo Shadaloo, as well as the rise of Illuminati. Some new BGM would be welcome too :p They gotta support the new feature after all.

Allforce

I don't post much but have followed along like 6 of these OTs, but why is X-KIRA literally the only human data-mining this stuff and reporting? And on top of that, reporting as if he's some insider?

I assume it's difficult to do but why hasn't anyone else just basically repeated his techniques and gone "here it is, this is what I found" in a bare bones way? It's a popular game so I imagine there has to be some more interest in this stuff outside being spoon-fed what this one community member gives us.

Neoxon

So X-Kira put this video out.

https://youtu.be/PI93-_4JErg

It seems like Zeku's spot in the roster is now reserved in the game code.

Also, he shared his previous stage posts and added ”COMING!" to all of them. Probably in response to me prodding him several times in his posts' comments today. I guess now he wants to be clear about them. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.facebook.com/shinxkira/posts/475868612796040

He also shared his previous post and now referred to the new Shadaloo stage as a ‘Neo Shadaloo stage'.

https://www.facebook.com/shinxkira/posts/475869226129312
Edit: Neo Shadaloo stage? That'd be sick! Also, hopefully we'll get some sort of second Story mode that focuses on Ed and his attempt at building Neo Shadaloo, as well as the rise of Illuminati. Some new BGM would be welcome too :p They gotta support the new feature after all.
As far as the Neo-Shadaloo stage goes, I'll just reiterate my idea for said stage that I discussed both in this thread & on Discord. I agree with Ryce's suggestion yesterday in that Ed's stage should be Neo-Shadaloo's HQ. But as for how it'd look, I'd take inspireation from the set of Hamilton & modernize it.

575800241200000b04895b5b.jpeg

Neo-Shadaloo is kinda classic-formal in their uniforms, so having something Hamilton-esque would make sense in my opinion. Maybe have a meeting table & a big computer hub in the background, as well as spare weapons & uniforms upstairs. Hell, have other Neo-Shadaloo members scattered about the stage as NPCs watching the fight, drinking, training upstairs, whatever (obviously nothing too distracting, but still).

HardRojo

I don't like having to play a very safe game against Guile, nor having to stay half a screen away from him to try and have a chance :( It was funny when he killed himself with a reflected EX boom though.

I think something that would improve Cammy's airthrow without just redoing a whole bunch of the animation is not having the spin happen in zero gravity. Having them drop while spinning would look better.

I dont have any way to video capture my PC games. I had to use gifcam. My computer almost had a stroke trying to process a full screen gif. Thats what caused all the green shit. I then had to take a small gif, of the large gif.
Despite the mess, you can still see the wind effects on the air grab...

giphy.gif

I think they also removed the small sudden drop near the end, before the full descent:

giphy.gif

Fang's costume with the Easter egg looks really fucking good. It removed the overalls and the eyepatch thing he has, and his eye is all scarred and glowing red looks awesome.

As great as FANG's new costume is, I'm still a bit confused as to why he didn't get a Plague Doctor outfit. It would fit him perfectly (accounting for both the poison and bird motifs, as well as sharing his clothing style), and Halloween is the best time to give an outfit like that.

PSA: Urien's Halloween costume has two alternate versions. The standard Easter egg code, which just removes the shawl, and his unique code which removes the shawl, waistcloth and the sandals, exposing the trademark thong.

Sets a good precedent for his future alts.

As great as FANG's new costume is, I'm still a bit confused as to why he didn't get a Plague Doctor outfit. It would fit him perfectly (accounting for both the poison and bird motifs, as well as sharing his clothing style), and Halloween is the best time to give an outfit like that.
That's gonna be his summer costume next year because Capcpom.

Top Bottom