• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sudden Strike 4 announced for PS4/PC

Sudden Strike 4, which is “developed as a fully-fledged series entry and not a remake or reboot,” offers three “extensive” campaigns set among the battlefields of World War II. Players will command the British and American, German, or Soviet troops, and lead over 100 different units into battle, including the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plan, and the German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger. And a first in the series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, including George Patton and Bernard Montgomery, who each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.

The game will offer over 20 single-player scenarios, a challenge-focused skirmish mode, and a competitive multiplayer mode. There’s also a new reward system that rewards clever and tactical play with skill points and bonus content, such as historical film footage.

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/sudden-strike-4-announced-ps4-pc

Trailer

Sijil

The first 3 games were hell even while playing with a mouse I was always loosing 2/3 of my attacking force, infantry annihilated, can't imagine how they plan to make it work with a controller unless they support M/KB for PS4.

DieH@rd

Banned
Old ones were amazing games. I have high hopes for this new one.

How will it play on PS4 anyway? Via mose&keyboard support or with a DS4? :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bumpity bump-bump:

Sudden Strike 4 pre-orders [on PC] now come with all preceding games, presumably to make up for the delay. That's Sudden Strike: Gold Edition, Sudden Strike 2: Gold Edition, Sudden Strike: Resource War, Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory and Sudden Strike 3: Last Stand*.

* An assumption on my part. App 636120 is still private but it's clearly a game.

The older titles are $5.99 individually (though there is a trilogy bundle with a 16% discount), so it's quite the sweetened deal.

Edit: Oh, the previously-unknown app is the Sudden Strike 4 beta.

Late edit edit: But Last Stand is included.

Bumhead

Banned
So this game is apparently releasing this week.

I've been in a real mood for some strategy games recently and I generally love anything to do with WW2, so this looks well up my street. Can't believe I've never even heard of this series before or knew this was coming.

Anybody here picking this up? Anything in particular I should know to expect?

Fury451

Banned
I loved Sudden Strike but only played he first and it's expansion. If I recall, you only had the units it gave you when there is no base building. I like that strategy for the type of game it was, it felt like each battle was desperate.

eFKac

Will definitely get the PS4 version but have to wait for a sale, no money for a full priced game right now.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.trueachievements.com/n31934/sudden-strike-4-announced-for-xbox-one

Sudden Strike 4: European Battlefields Edition includes 31 missions across five different campaigns, over 120 unit types, and three maps which are exclusive to Xbox One. The developer promises "realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting."

Players can read a bit more about the different expansions in the synopsis below:

• The main game and all included add-ons offer 5 campaigns with over 30 missions to test your tactical skills.
  • Command German and Russian forces in the Battle of Kursk - one of the largest tank battles of World War II!
  • Sudden Strike 4: Road to Dunkirk features 4 new missions, 2 new commanders and 10 all-new units, as well as additional buildings and ships.
  • Finland - Winter Storm features 6 new missions, 3 new commanders, and 19 all-new vehicles, along with additional buildings and units.
  • Adapt and refine the military doctrines of 14 renowned commanders, such as Heinz Guderian, George S. Patton or Charles de Gaulle.
  • Pit yourself against other commanders or a challenging enemy AI in the competitive multiplayer modes across a total of 20 maps.

Sudden Strike 4: European Battlefields Edition will release for Xbox One on May 25th.

Top Bottom