• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Nothing to do but wait I guess.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen Blassreiter? It gets a ton of shit so I'm wondering how Urobuchi screwed up.

It made me blind. The concept's interesting, and the characters are adults, and there are pretty crazy "dark" scifi designs on the armors and mutation/transformations, but goddamn it was ugly as fuck. Directing was kinda iffy too. I remember it being rather confusing in terms of how it jumping around scenes, and not in a good way either.

tl;dr: Butch got GONZO'd.

What the hell

Anonatsu was a great romcom

even though Kanna lost

i think it significantly declined after the second episode. i hated every character as well, except for the cute animal mascot thing. i also thought it was funny how mr cool glasses guy had to remind the viewer that him and kanna were friends since they were kids in every other sentence he spoke

the art was really nice though.

Accel World 23
tumblr_maczvtfzKj1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The writer really knows how to keep me on the edge of my seat and drive me from the point of pure excitement to near despair to excitement yet again. Taku was glorious, as well as Haru. Noumi is definitely still antagonist of the year material (the song that plays this episode right when he is on screen is probably one of my third or fourth favorite). Ah and I still like the Incarnation and friendship theme, works well.

Ah and it was so flashy and cool.
Plot:
Taku's using the sword was amazing, I loved the classic post with one weilding a large sword and then it zooming out in that angle to make the sword seem so huge. Taku v Noumi was flashy as ever and one of the best moments, Ive been waiting for them to throw down, and lastly, Black Lotus v Black Vise and his attacks looked really stunning and unique.

Soma

i think it significantly declined after the second episode. i hated every character as well, except for the cute animal mascot thing. i also thought it was funny how mr cool glasses guy had to remind the viewer that him and kanna were friends since they were kids in every other sentence he spoke

the art was really nice though.

Even Lemon-sempai? :(

Even Lemon-sempai? :(

especially her :/ i think she ruined a lot of scenes by just popping out of nowhere but i guess they wanted to keep the show lighthearted and funny. then again her purpose was to just fuck with people all throughout

i saw her "true" identity coming a mile away too

BluWacky

position of her eyes look really weird to me :s

This times a million. Akane's is the only anime design for Psycho Pass I don't like and it's those freaking eyes that do it for me. They're enormous compared to the other characters and just make her whole face look weird. Why couldn't she have normal sized eyes like the men?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Rinne no Lagrange S2 03:

bahahahaha, they really have sunk to new lows with pandering. Biometric sensors that just happen to look like rabbit ears and a fluffy tail? This is the output of a staff who knows that their anime is doomed to fail no matter what.

Okay, so I wrote the above paragraph a few minutes into the episode. Now that I'm typing this having watched the whole thing, I guess it's confirmed that we can kiss any sort of subtlety goodbye for the rest of the season. If someone told me back in January that a serious plot point in the show was to
analyze the extent of Madoka's psychic connection to her Vox by trying to make her orgasm in the cockpit while wearing bunny ears
...well, I'd probably believe you, but that's beside the point.

This was some mighty interesting symbolism.

I hope to god that this wasn't symbolism, though.

Also
fucking hell did Dizelmine clone Yurikano? I don't know if I can handle any Gendou/Rei shit in this.

I see that they've also decided to continue fucking with the ED by using a different verse of the song each week even though the imagery in the OP was very specifically designed for the verse used in the first episode. This has resulted in some really awful stuff like Muginami's voice coming out of Madoka's mouth. Ugh.

Now that I can safely drop most of my lingering expectations for the second season, I guess I can just continue enjoying the show as pretty otaku fluff. Not that it ever wasn't that, but I had my hopes at one time.

Jarmel

Banned
This times a million. Akane's is the only anime design for Psycho Pass I don't like and it's those freaking eyes that do it for me. They're enormous compared to the other characters and just make her whole face look weird. Why couldn't she have normal sized eyes like the men?

Actually it's all the females. If you look at the top of their eyes, it's flat, giving the entire eye this whole half-moon look. It's extremely pronounced in Akane but all the females have it.

It made me blind. The concept's interesting, and the characters are adults, and there are pretty crazy "dark" scifi designs on the armors and mutation/transformations, but goddamn it was ugly as fuck. Directing was kinda iffy too. I remember it being rather confusing in terms of how it jumping around scenes, and not in a good way either.

tl;dr: Butch got GONZO'd.

lololol blindroll

So it seems like the show failing wasn't primarily his fault. That's the part I was interested in as it seems to be his one true black sheep and this is another adult scifi show. Thanks for the write-up.

duckroll

Actually it's all the females. If you look at the top of their eyes, it's flat, giving the entire eye this whole half-moon look. It's extremely pronounced in Akane but all the females have it.

It's actually kinda appealing. I dunno, maybe it's just because I'm a little weird when it comes to certain facial features, but it find the derpy look of her eyes kinda attractive....

Area no Kishi 35
tumblr_mad2c4o0Hg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Decent episode for the first part, first patch was great cause of the music. And second half had more Yamanashi, the superior announcer.

I dont think Im a fan of New Total Football, like Offsides Trap, seems one of the more cheap ways to play soccer. Hopefully Enoshima can find a way around that. Also I didnt know the Rabona Feint was real.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Rinne no Lagrange S2 03:

bahahahaha, they really have sunk to new lows with pandering. Biometric sensors that just happen to look like rabbit ears and a fluffy tail? This is the output of a staff who knows that their anime is doomed to fail no matter what.

Okay, so I wrote the above paragraph a few minutes into the episode. Now that I'm typing this having watched the whole thing, I guess it's confirmed that we can kiss any sort of subtlety goodbye for the rest of the season.
If someone told me back in January that a serious plot point in the show was to
analyze the extent of Madoka's psychic connection to her Vox by trying to make her orgasm in the cockpit while wearing bunny ears
...well, I'd probably believe you, but that's beside the point.

That stinks. Makes me a little sad to hear that.

Thanks for the impressions, I'll lower my expectations for S2 accordingly.

Rinne no Lagrange S2 03:

I see that they've also decided to continue fucking with the ED by using a different verse of the song each week even though the imagery in the OP was very specifically designed for the verse used in the first episode. This has resulted in some really awful stuff like Muginami's voice coming out of Madoka's mouth. Ugh.

They change it up later on. I think the EDs are fantastic.
I'm probably the only one here that likes it...

Defuser

Rinne no lagrange S2 is terrible sadly, they didn't take more time to explain the vox powers or rinne but instead focus on daily slice of fanservice life and dizelmine.

I do like Jersey Club spirit ED though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They change it up later on. I think the EDs are fantastic.
I'm probably the only one here that likes it...

Yeah, each episode has a couple of brief alterations, it just bugs me that the lyrics and imagery don't match now since all of the pictures of Kamogawa Energy bottles and whatnot are still in the ED each week even though only Madoka's verse is about the drink. Gotta sell those character CDs, I guess.

I actually really like Jersey Club Spirit too so you're not alone. I'm a sucker for talk-singing and off-key voices.

edit: they ditch the ED entirely? :(

/XX/

She's like the worst character in -monogatari though.
This is true.
Not sure you will like Nekomonogatari then, and it is the following adaptation! But after the 'mental perspective' we can see of her from it, maybe you will commence to think different of Hanekawa afterwards... either way, look forward to it!

well, she is not in the same league as Senjougahara, Kanbaru or Shinobu.
Senjougahara bow to her though.
Likewise to what I commented above, the relationship between the two keeps on giving, and not in the same submissive way it appeared to be before.

I don't get it. You need a couple of jackets for autumn, one light and one medium, as well as a heavy jacket for winter and perhaps a super-heavy reserve jacket in case you need to walk through a blizzard or snowstorm. At least.
You see, here you either "melt or freeze" outside, so one type of heavy-duty jacket is enough, unless someone wants to show-off. I forgot what it is like a melancholic afternoon savoring the gentle breeze of the autumn... normally, at first with no leaves already in the confused trees while having 30ºC on the street... then suddenly the week after that we have a thick mist, ground frost in the early morning and dry bone-crushing coldness for the rest of the day, this cyclically happens until spring comes with its 30ºC again. Lovely!

Sengoku Collection 01

The canvas look of the background is gorgeous.
On the beach it seemed like spineless whiny guy and genderbend Oda Nobunaga wandered into a painting.
Tainted a painting would be more accurate. The character designs are kind of unappealing, although I liked the eyecatch this episode.
Oh and the scene with the mugger had a pretty cool shot succession from the
rice
ball crushing to stepping on his gun
penis
I didn`t get behind the episode but it felt like a parody in its exaggeration of both Nobunagas character and the whimpy male whimp (god do I hope this is the last I will see of him).

Yeeaah... As I plan on marathoning this over the next few days I think I should focus on the positive.

And off to sleep.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection 01

The canvas look of the background is gorgeous.
On the beach it seemed like spineless whiny guy and genderbend Oda Nobunaga wandered into a painting.
Tainted a painting would be more accurate. The character designs are kind of unappealing, although I liked the eyecatch this episode.
Oh and the scene with the mugger had a pretty cool shot succession from the
rice
ball crushing to stepping on his gun
penis
I didn`t get behind the episode but it felt like a parody in its exaggeration of both Nobunagas character and the whimpy male whimp (god do I hope this is the last I will see of him).

Yeeaah... As I plan on marathoning this over the next few days I think I should focus on the positive.

And off to sleep.

If you survived Jellohead-kun, it's all uphill from here.

And then severely downhill a few times. But it's a net uphill.

By a few degrees.

3snpdl.jpg

Never forget.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Not sure you will like Nekomonogatari then, and it is the following adaptation! But after the 'mental perspective' we can see of her from it, maybe you will commence to think different of Hanekawa afterwards... either way, look forward to it!

Likewise to what I commented above, the relationship between the two keeps on giving, and not in the same submissive way it appeared to be before.

You see, here you either "melt or freeze" outside, so one type of heavy-duty jacket is enough, unless someone wants to show-off. I forgot what it is like a melancholic afternoon savoring the gentle breeze of the autumn... normally, at first with no leaves already in the confused trees while having 30ºC on the street... then suddenly the week after that we have a thick mist, ground frost in the early morning and dry bone-crushing coldness for the rest of the day, this cyclically happens until spring comes with its 30ºC again. Lovely!

I like her in Kizumonogatari the best, where it's revealed just how batshit insane she is. Yet another reason why Kizu is the best -monogatari work. ^^

Lain

So many games and books that are linked together through characters. It was disappointing to see no translations for the Total Eclipse LNs, but the Alternative VN seems pretty damn cool. Yuuko isn't making me miss Yui.

/XX/

I like her in Kizumonogatari the best, where it's revealed just how batshit insane she is. Yet another reason why Kizu is the best -monogatari work. ^^
Being this one less complacent with the fans like many of the later novels is also a plus in book.
Also, Nekomonogatari (specially White) doesn't features much of Araragi, so there is that against it compared to others as well, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom