• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The World God Only Knows S2 - 09

jqrtra6.png

Hell yeah I would!

My heart went a flutter. Best girl by far.

Syrinx

Hyouka 15

I enjoyed Chitanda's massive bombing of her negotiation with the president of the wall newspaper club. She's really not cut out for that like Irisu is. Irisu is cold and calculating and manipulative. Chitanda's naive and air-headed. But she does have Oreki by the balls. And she has a giant stuffed eggplant.

Don't listen to those bitches, Mayaka. And they're a bunch to talk; I haven't seen that Miku cosplayer do anything. Speaking of cosplay, I wonder why Mayaka hates that word. I guess maybe cosplaying is seen as a "weird" hobby by a lot of people, and she doesn't want them to think she's one of those people. Well, anyway, it was kinda disappointing to hear that "A Corpse By Evening" (wut?) was written by a couple of high-schoolers. I guess that doesn't mean it can't be good, but I doubt that they could do something that could be called a "masterpiece".

I don't know how that thief plans to steal anything from the Classics Club while Oreki is just sitting at that table the whole time. Would be pretty hard to get away with. They should just go ahead and identify everything they have that begins with that character and just watch it.

/XX/

Happy Birthday to Ultimadrago!

Hope you have a good day like this little guy seems to be,haha.

http://www.abload.de/img/sakamotogif1y3uvk.gif
Happy Birthday, Ultimadrago!

I'm pretty sure this is straight-up bullshit. Either someone is trolling or they're dumb as shit and are confusing Love Lab for Love Laboratory, a completely different thing.
I don't think they are confusing anything as that image (like the original edit in Japanese, not just this translated one posted here) shows even a panel from the second volume of Love Lab (this here http://i.minus.com/iSQDMgmzNmHXD.jpg, and this one shows Satoshi; http://i.minus.com/ipK5GI660LNEz.jpg). There won't be a trace of those two boys in the images, called Satoshi Nagino & Masaomi Ikezawa, for at least the next five episodes, though (http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17258.html).

Kagami

Worst.
boys
http://postimg.org/image/vskb9fpmz/
Who knows what the anime will do though.
I don't know. Looking at manga covers for it (Made sure to search Renai Lab) definitely shows boys on the cover.

Happy birthday, Ultimadrago and Pizzaroll!
From what I have heard from someone who's read the manga, there are minor but present male characters who serve as love interests.
The funny thing about all this is, from the beginning I assumed from the title, 恋愛ラボ , and the wording on the website about 恋に恋する少女たち ("girls in love with love") that the premise was heterosexual. The whole concept of that is girls who've been socialized to think romance is this exciting thing they're supposed to be into like a hobby, which outside of some kind of mirror-universe where lesbians are the majority, is the complete opposite of the way you present "forbidden love" yuri stuff. The title, the website story intro wording, it's all default usage of romance terms with zero hints of anything yuri. Ditto for the trailers. So when people started calling this a yuri show, I had ??? popping up over my head.

Of course, an episodic comedy about girls studying how to get hypothetical boyfriends (while maintaining a single-and-available idol-state), and a story about them having actual contact with boy characters, are still two different things and the latter could disappoint people wanting the former.

Defuser

Spring 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales (new entries bolded)

11,839 *1 Hataraku Maou-sama! [DVD+BD]: 2013/07/03

Oh hell yes! Season 2 is a lock in confirmed. This is White Fox biggest success since Steins;Gate after the bomba shit which is Jormangund.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The funny thing about all this is, from the beginning I assumed from the title, 恋愛ラボ , and the wording on the website about 恋に恋する少女たち ("girls in love with love") that the premise was heterosexual. The whole concept of that is girls who've been socialized to think romance is this exciting thing they're supposed to be into like a hobby, which outside of some kind of mirror-universe where lesbians are the majority, is the complete opposite of the way you present "forbidden love" yuri stuff. The title, the website story intro wording, it's all default usage of romance terms with zero hints of anything yuri. Ditto for the trailers. So when people started calling this a yuri show, I had ??? popping up over my head.

Of course, an episodic comedy about girls studying how to get hypothetical boyfriends (while maintaining a single-and-available idol-state), and a story about them having actual contact with boy characters, are still two different things and the latter could disappoint people wanting the former.

If you actually watch the first episode of Love Lab, well, it is quite dripping in its yuri trope trappings.

Feliz cumpleaños, Ultimadrago!

I wonder if he'll show up to read the happy birthdays
=======================================
The World God Only Knows S2 - 10

Older women are the best. #ChristmasCakeYum

Now, off to see if there's any continuation of this in.. other works.

This conquest arc is the best out of all of them.

Theonik

Strike Witches 09
ivuHVkf7ThG1s.png

I really like the eyecatches in this show.
*links might be NSFW*
OrussiaxSuomus staying strong. The scene
where Barkhorn's sister wakes up was sweet.
Also Minna still looks banging in that dress.
So only young maidens can be witches after which their magic slowly fades together with their sex-appeal. How convenient.
I also find some of these 2D to CG transitions pretty comical at this point. Also maximum levels of :wonzo on that scenery.
Not a very high amount of butts butt they were of higher quality. (last 2 shots also were very [REDACTED] worthy in motion. Cajun needs to watch this ASAP.)Also :chet.

Andrew J.

Happy birthday, Ultimodragon!

Watamote 01

This is excellent. Yuichi Nakamura is the perfect casting choice for the brother, since this is basically the inverse of the sibling relationship in Oreimo.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Little Witch Academia

Okay yeah this was really good, don't think I need to say anything other than that that hasn't already been said.

Fumiko's Confession

Cute little 2 minute short with some fucking amazing animation. It's actually pretty funny too, for what it is.

Jewelpet Kira Deco 51-52 - END

Considering what the show has produced on a few occasions in the past, I thought there might be more impressive action for the final battle. The animation and chereography didn't really rise above average. Also, it's a shame that the burdens of wrapping up the plot didn't allow this to be as delightfully wacky as the mid-series climax, which is not to say it didn't have its moments.

With that out of the way, this was very successful as a finale. All the main characters got their chance to shine, and any subplots they had been working through as individuals were closed off. The KiraDeco 5 worked together as a smoothly operating team for the first time in the entire show. There were many callbacks to characters and settings from earlier episodes, including a killer callback to a throwaway gag from the very first episode. It allowed enough downtime after the denoument to give a proper sendoff to all the characters. And it did all this without feeling forced or contrived, fitting all the little moments into a natural and exciting dramatic structure. The more I think about it, the more I'm impressed with how the finale managed to tie together a show that's at times been nonsensically random into a cohesive whole. It's intelligent writing that leaves me with a good aftertaste.

Jewelpet Kira Deco Summary

Jewelpet Kira Deco has become one of my favorite anime comedies. It doesn't rely exclusively on a limited repertoire of gags until they're driven into the ground, but instead has a good variety of scenarios and kinds of humor, keeping things fresh. The willingness of the creators to do whatever they felt like whenever they felt like it allowed for creativity to run rampant. Strong energy and good comedic timing propelled things forward most of the time; only in a small number of episodes did I feel the pacing drag. What surprised me the most is how attached I grew to the characters. The KiraDeco 5 are flawed, and the unpleasant sides of their personalities are not shied away from. But their good nature shines through and they eventually work through and come to terms with their individual issues. They are likable people who, despite the caricature comedy demands, feel like real characters. Many of the Jewelpets are charming in their own way, but it is with the KiraDeco 5 where the character work really shines.

Jewelpet Kira Deco is an excellent example of how talented people who care about what they do, when given enough freedom, can create great things out of humble material.

Watamote - 01

The episode was ok, it was a little introduction to the MC, she is the friend hikigaya needs.

awwwwwwwwww she just want to talk and make friends ;___;

Best ending of the season

TOMOKO <3

i Liked it as well ( going to quote your post instead of making a new one).

I wasn't intrested by the manga , but from the looks of it , they adapted it well...

Looking forward to experience all the new adventures of this poor girl

Watamote First Impression:

Great from start to finish. Definitely worth the hype.

Wow interesting anime! I'm hooked!

I'm in the same situation as in the anime except I'm on the opposite end. I very sociable and I love talking to people. I know a lot of girls like Tomoko and nobody talks to them. So what I do is I say hi to them every time I see them and when I can I have a small conversation with them. I try to let them know that they have a friend that they could talk to and be comfortable around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom