• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eureka Seven - 41

FINALLY. Eureka's hair has been restored from that ugly mess! And she has eyebrows again too!

That was a nice back story for Norb. Did I mention how awesome this guy has been the last few episodes? Guy's all, "Soccer was fun, wasn't it?" And "Yeesh I'd rather people live on rather than die following my teachings".

Quasar

It's been a while since I've seen it (since it was airing) but I believe Aika is reading The Tempest every time there's a flashback.

I can't quite remember what play she quotes from all the time either. I'd have thought it was The tempest. Though given some of the Hamlet like elements quoting from there too would make sense.

I really liked the show overall. Even if the big picture story (the two trees etc) is a bit messy and less coherent than I'd prefer.

You know I was having a good time with this show and then all of a sudden these words were uttered:

"Squee"
"Woof"
"Nice boat"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You're an evil show. I cast you out! How dare you remind me of School Days!

Lurky

You know I was having a good time with this show and then all of a sudden these words were uttered:

"Squee"
"Woof"
"Nice boat"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You're an evil show. I cast you out! How dare you remind me of School Days!

Wow this show sounds insane. Should I be watching it too?

No.......... way.

mjXZSqn.jpg

I got the reference! I got this reference!!!! It's like reference galore this episode....

Quasar

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 1-3

Well, a competent translation makes a huge difference to how good something seems...

As usual for me and anime comedy, much of this show isn't particularly "funny" to me - it's fun, but not necessarily massively LOL-worthy. I wonder whether subtitles are killing the jokes in some way for me - the only bit that's genuinely made me laugh out loud is the script read through in episode 3.

I've long felt that for me comedy not really working to the point of LOL funny is that I'm reading the jokes rather than reacting to the performance as a whole. So anime comedy at its best gets me mildly amused.

Wow this show sounds insane. Should I be watching it too?
It's a pretty funny show. I enjoyed it a lot last year. The protagonist is not great but, the choices he has to make are hilarious and I find the main girls to be entertaining.

Also, Pshyco, you should probably avoid watching the OVA for a while

mankoto

Tokyo Ghoul 4
As an anime, this certainly has a problem in regards of scene transitioning.

As an adaption, you gotta be kidding me. Did they seriously skip all of that?

My Mental Choices Are Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy 4 & 5 - Harem Begin

Episode 5 was reference galore. So many references to Clannad, G Gundam, The Jensons, School Days and probably a few more that I missed. Episode 5's bonus bit was hilarious as always. This show.... this shows alright!

It's a pretty funny show. I enjoyed it a lot last year. The protagonist is not great but, the choices he has to make are hilarious and I find the main girls to be entertaining.

Also, Pshyco, you should probably avoid watching the OVA for a while

What's wrong with the OVA.

The OVA is a parody of visual novels. There's one big part that references something he is seeming to have trauma with.

cit_sola_-_aono_mind_control_eyes.jpg

Eureka Seven - 42

Damn you show for scaring me in this episode! I thought for sure Anemone
killed Holland in that attack. Though I should have known a guy like him couldn't possibly have been taken out that easily.

Also, ohhhhhhh boy.

So Renton and Eureka pass the Zone and are now on Earth? What are they supposed to do now?

jman2050

It's kind of surreal watching Pshyco's transformation from cute innocent casual anime fan to mindbroken and corrupted AnimeGAF acolyte.

[insert NSFGoogle doujin joke here]

It's kind of surreal watching Pshyco's transformation from cute innocent casual anime fan to mindbroken and corrupted AnimeGAF acolyte.

[insert NSFGoogle doujin joke here]

Hey now I am mostly the same person!

Just.............. a little broken after that School Days ending. But for the most part I am still the same Key/KyoAni loving PshycoNinja you've all come to love and hate. :p

wonzo

Banned
tokyo 9/11 3

i liked this episode if only for the huge shift in focus on the gruff detective.
the white haired kid's totes the same one in the op zzzzzz ._.

Just.............. a little broken after that School Days ending. But for the most part I am still the same Key/KyoAni loving PshycoNinja you've all come to love and hate. :p

you're aware that you've changed..that's the first step!!

Maybe your mind will be able to do a full recovery as long as you don't touch THE LIST

Quasar

Maybe your mind will be able to do a full recovery as long as you don't touch THE LIST

You know I'd kind of like to see 'The List' mostly because I expect to see shows on there that I've already seen and liked on there.

Lurky

Are you sure? Because none of that sounds right to me. D:

Are you sure? Because none of that sounds right to me. D:

:,(

I only had that one nightmare. And maybe a few flashes of the ending while driving. But I got past that a few days ago. Toradora, Baka & Test and this show seem to be doing the trick.

So far:

Free S2
Love Stage (might drop)
Rail Wars
Rokujouma No Shinryakusha!?
Mahouka
SAO S2
Barakamon
Ace of Diamond
Baby Steps
Haikyuu
Akame Ga Kill

Most of the shows I watch air on Friday, Saturday and Sunday

You should add Nozaki-kun to that list. It's really good.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

The last member of the Reject Five appears and he looks like
Oshera (guy from Soul Eater)
, and one of the characters goes "Eh, I guess this sort of gag works too."

Still trying to catch my breath. Lol!!!!

Mahouka 17
A light day for Batman-nii-sama, just taking someone down that tried messing with his sister. I felt it was kind of cheating to use flying magic especially since it required an additional device. Miyuki didn't really need it considering she shares blood with Batman-nii-sama. Also, laying it heavy with the incest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom