• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Village

I check pats twitter and hes like
Oh the babies are upset I made fun of their hero on the smash reddit

So I check in the only thing I could find mentioning him was a compliment to himself and their business

Unless I missed something pats actually being a purposefully antagonistic asshole and actually shitty

JC Sera

So I check in the only thing I could find mentioning him was a compliment to himself and their business

Unless I missed something pats actually being a purposefully antagonistic asshole and actually shitty
did you listen to the podcast?

Village

did you listen to the podcast?
Yeah and in that context he is talking about something that actually happened, an explination given , and his opinion s on the matter. Furthermore more he elebaorates on why he doesn't like melee and jokes.

This just seems like maybe something he heard second hand, because I saw no proof anyone being upset about anything said during the podcast on the reddit and was actually the opposite. Which is just being, unless I missed something purposefully antagonistic.

Unless you read all the people that @ him, or send in podcast emails, or PM/IM him through other means, there would be really no way of you to know whether or not what he is saying is accurate.

But despite that, it's Pat. Would you be surprised?

explodet

It would be kind of nice if they had a "short" intro they could use after the first few episodes go up. For example, the first minute-ish of Yakuza is taken up by their intro and it's kind of annoying after 14 episodes so far.
The long intros get annoying for me too. But after one or two I know where to click on the progress bar to skip pass it.
If you're on a device with a keyboard and are watching it on Youtube, hit the "L" key three times. It'll skip the video ahead 30 seconds and take you to the end of the intro.

Are all the Yakuza games as funny as Yakuza 0? Some of these side quests are goddamn hilarious.
Yep, in every game the main plot is melodrama worthy of a telenovela, but a majority of the side content is wacky hijinks.

Village

Yakuza 4 lp is great

Yakuza 5 lp is also great, its something that pat is obsessed about that matt can also enjoy because its a dumb movie, and dumb movies is matts favorite thing

joe2187

Banned
I think I know what the new 3 man LP is

Pat refers to as "The Black One"

life-of-black-tiger-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-06jan17

77 65 7 25:39 "I was wrong. How about me? Always wrong. I'm making a career of it over here." Completely Wrong Pat has made correct statements, and thus is wrong about being always wrong.

This is pretty great I tell you what.

Watch Pat's DS2 playthough, the game is pretty bad isn't it? It's been a while since I watched the channel's DS2 playthrough, but looking at DS2 compared to DS it's just... Bad in every way.

Watch Pat's DS2 playthough, the game is pretty bad isn't it? It's been a while since I watched the channel's DS2 playthrough, but looking at DS2 compared to DS it's just... Bad in every way.

Distortion2 (the Souls speedrunner) has been practicing DS2 again after finishing up the DS3 All Bosses/All DLC run, and it's hard to watch. It's a game that most definitely does not get better with age.

I was a bit confused when Pat first started playing it and was talking about how much he liked the changes, but apparently he just hadn't gotten very far, because on the most recent podcast he revised that to, "They made some of those areas complete garbage." Yeah, they sure did. I personally despise the Scholar of the First Sin changes.

joe2187

Banned
Distortion2 (the Souls speedrunner) has been practicing DS2 again after finishing up the DS3 All Bosses/All DLC run, and it's hard to watch. It's a game that most definitely does not get better with age.

I was a bit confused when Pat first started playing it and was talking about how much he liked the changes, but apparently he just hadn't gotten very far, because on the most recent podcast he revised that to, "They made some of those areas complete garbage." Yeah, they sure did. I personally despise the Scholar of the First Sin changes.

I cannot really see any improvements in SotFS. It's a garbage revision. Even more places are locked off by fragrant branches of yore for no fucking reason, and enemy placement and aggro is even worse than before.

Heides tower now looks like enemies have been randomly mouse dropped for no apparent reason.

I cannot really see any improvements in SotFS. It's a garbage revision. Even more places are locked off by fragrant branches of yore for no fucking reason, and enemy placement and aggro is even worse than before.

Heides tower now looks like enemies have been randomly mouse dropped for no apparent reason.

Yeah, and the fact they wake up after the boss dies pisses me off. The entire reason I liked Heide's Tower of Flame was that it felt lonely and forlorn, and wasn't afraid to be subtle and quiet, unlike the entire rest of the game. The knights felt like they were telling a story, and they were committed to telling that story, even if it meant you didn't have as many enemy encounters.

So of course, how do we remix that? Flood the area with them and flip their aggro switch so it's just another gauntlet zone with no sense of pacing.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I wasn't in love with DS2's encounter design to begin with, but I feel like SotFS's just makes it categorically worse.

xezuru

I don't how familiar you guys are with Yakuza 0, but just letting you know he continues to be consistently wrong in there as well.

Start of the Yakuza LP: Pat'll do the sidequests off screen and only do the really good ones on screen so we can keep things moving.

Midway though and I don't know that they've actually done that for a single sidequest? Or maybe that's the joke because they're all so good.

Frimaire

It's still funny when it results in threads like that.
Then again, I've never played much of Melee, so it really doesn't matter to me...

Top Bottom