• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 64 DS - Gamespot preview + movies

Vark said:
Have you actually played with a DS unit? I messed around with one yesterday at eb playing the metroid prime demo and just using my thumb on the touch screen the control was smooth and flawless.

I'm guessing most of the people here bitching about the lack of an analog stick haven't picked up a ds yet.

Ding! Winnah!

Link316

Banned
Speevy said:
Would it be impossible for Nintendo to implement an analog stick in some way?

they've certainly had more than enough time to have included one, methinks they've purposely left it out to try to justify the inclusion of the touch screen

Someone on IGN has Mario DS from Walmart:

marioDS1.jpg

marioDS2.jpg

marioDS3.jpg

marioDS4.jpg

marioDS5.jpg

mumu

Seeing that the N64 controller was pretty much made for Mario64 i have my doubts about the controls. We'll see.

Link316 said:
methinks they've purposely left it out to try to justify the inclusion of the touch screen

I doubt it since Mario is the only game from Nintendo that uses the touch screen as an analog controller.

More like they probably weren't thinking about N64 ports at all when designing the DS.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
seismologist said:
I doubt it since Mario is the only game from Nintendo that uses the touch screen as an analog controller.

More like they probably weren't thinking about N64 ports at all when designing the DS.

... Metroid Hunters uses the touch screen for analog control

snapty00 said:
Agreed. 2D games probably make a lot more sense on DS, with the stylus and lack of analog stick and all. I'm hoping the 2D games stay on DS while the 3D ones go to PSP. It makes more sense that way.

I think your avatar pretty much sums up your opinion on anything Nintendo...well, that and all of the retarded anti-Nintendo posts you've been making.

Top Bottom